Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

1 minute ago, Kevin Finnerty said:

The important thing is that we've ended the campaign unbeaten in our head-to-head records against all of the other teams, and that's the real quiz.

Agreed .

I think all of them wanted " revenge "

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Want absolutely nothing to do with England. The 2nd best team in it and would totally ruin one of the match days with 100,000+ Scots and English kicking about a Geman city. Them and France are the two teams in any pot we want to avoid at all costs. 

Agreed 

Just back home after the game. It was a mad game, actually a really great watch (apart from our defending). 

Decent enough result given that this is basically the Z team, and I will be pretty happy if I don’t see this combination of players again. Individually we can probably withstand one or two drop offs, with the exception of the goalkeeper, and the stronger players can cope but significant changes and we see the weaknesses. 

The Norwegian no 22, Bobb, is a great player. We spent a fair amount of time watching him slice through the midfield with ease. 

Felt strange before the game,  qualified already,  so not Scottish. 

Totally asleep at start, totally killed what was an excellent vibe.

How a 3 -3 draw can be boring , but we managed it.

Sorry Jacobs will  never do. Not enough time to explain why.

Norway far better on the night, Bobb by far best player on pitch. 

Celebration at the end excruciating. 

That said, we are going  to YOU KNOW WHERE

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Just back home after the game. It was a mad game, actually a really great watch (apart from our defending). 

Decent enough result given that this is basically the Z team, and I will be pretty happy if I don’t see this combination of players again. Individually we can probably withstand one or two drop offs, with the exception of the goalkeeper, and the stronger players can cope but significant changes and we see the weaknesses. 

The Norwegian no 22, Bobb, is a great player. We spent a fair amount of time watching him slice through the midfield with ease. 

Too much ease imho

33 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Want absolutely nothing to do with England. The 2nd best team in it and would totally ruin one of the match days with 100,000+ Scots and English kicking about a Geman city. Them and France are the two teams in any pot we want to avoid at all costs. 

Maybe mate; who d'you fancy from pot 1 then?

No England. No France please.

No England because they’re just really good, have our card marked, and I just can’t be fucked with the circus that the stupid fixture creates.

No France because they’re probably the best team in the world. 

There will be better/worse options across the rest, but if Italy can be confirmed as Pot 3 tomorrow, that would at least remove one catastrophic draw from the possibilities. 

4 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Maybe mate; who d'you fancy from pot 1 then?

Obviously a number of countries are much of a muchness but I'm thinking along the following lines, In order of preference 1st to last in each Pot! Watched quite a lot of highlights of qualifiers so basing some of it on recent performances as well as who I think is improving and regressing! 

Pot 1

Germany

Belgium

Spain

Portugal

England 

France 

Pot 2

Austria

Albania

Switzerland

Turkey

Hungary

Denmark

Pot 4

Path C country

Path B country

Path A country

Czech Repbulic

Romania

Serbia

Avoiding the likes of Holland, Italy and Croatia in our Pot is good news for me. Slovakia and Slovenia likely to be in Pot 3 as well. 

Just now, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Portugal or Belgium ?

Portugal have the 3rd strongest squad in it for me and ridiculous attacking options; Ronaldo, Leao, Jota, Felix, Fernandes and Silva. They have scored 36 goals in 10 qualifiers. Avoid them if possible. 

For me Belgium have regressed a little though still have great options and emerging players like Doku. Usually I would want to avoid the hosts but I genuinely believe Germany are vulnerable, lost again, to Turkey 3-2 last night. They are such serial winners who knows maybe they'll just turn it on and get momentum but to me they are under pressure. 

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Obviously a number of countries are much of a muchness but I'm thinking along the following lines, In order of preference 1st to last in each Pot! Watched quite a lot of highlights of qualifiers so basing some of it on recent performances as well as who I think is improving and regressing! 

Pot 1

Germany

Belgium

Spain

Portugal

England 

France 

Pot 2

Austria

Albania

Switzerland

Turkey

Hungary

Denmark

Pot 4

Path C country

Path B country

Path A country

Czech Repbulic

Romania

Serbia

Avoiding the likes of Holland, Italy and Croatia in our Pot is good news for me. Slovakia and Slovenia likely to be in Pot 3 as well. 

Avoiding france and germany would be the obvious desire, but yes, much of a muchness

Reason it could be good to get england is we could do well; they usually make an arse of 1 group game, but it could go the other way this time

1 minute ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Avoiding france and germany would be the obvious desire, but yes, much of a muchness

Reason it could be good to get england is we could do well; they usually make an arse of 1 group game, but it could go the other way this time

Strangely not so bothered about the Germans and would love to face them in the opener in Munich. Think they are under a lot of pressure and have struggled for some time now. Think we could given them a game. 

Don't want France. Far too good and should be winning the whole thing. 

For me not wanting England coms down to them being very good on the pitch when at it and because I want to enjoy the 3 match days (hopefully we might have 4 or 5 - we can but dream) and playing them on foreign soil will end up being anything but an enjoyable occasion. There will tens of thousands of fans of both in Germany and the host city on game day would be a complete shitshow. Nah, this promises to be a special tournament and there are far better options for us to face. 

We Global Football are predicting the pots to be:

1: Germany, Portugal, France, England, Spain, Belgium

2: Denmark, Hungary, Turkey, Albania, Switzerland, Austria

3: Netherlands, Scotland, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy

4: Czech Rep, Serbia, Romania, play-off winners

I don't think there's a huge advantage to being in either pot 2 or pot 3. Of the lot, Slovakia and Slovenia are probably the ones you'd choose to be with. But on the other hand, Netherlands, Italy, and Croatia are worth avoiding.

I'm not buying the whole 'everyone's just going by names, Albania are actually very good and Netherlands aren't what they used to be" schtick. All the teams in pot 2 are good and they'd all be tough opponents but there's none of them we should have too much fear from.

15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Strangely not so bothered about the Germans and would love to face them in the opener in Munich. Think they are under a lot of pressure and have struggled for some time now. Think we could given them a game. 

Don't want France. Far too good and should be winning the whole thing. 

For me not wanting England coms down to them being very good on the pitch when at it and because I want to enjoy the 3 match days (hopefully we might have 4 or 5 - we can but dream) and playing them on foreign soil will end up being anything but an enjoyable occasion. There will tens of thousands of fans of both in Germany and the host city on game day would be a complete shitshow. Nah, this promises to be a special tournament and there are far better options for us to face. 

France and England should be the obvious two to avoid. Because they're probably the two best teams in Europe. Plus, the england game would become a circus I'd rather do without. Germany and Belgium are probably the best bets for actually getting something from. Spain are capable of being terrifyingly good or dreadful so might not be the worst to get.

Sorry it doesn't matter one jot who we get, Have been supporting Scotland for over 60 years.  Seen the highs (Greig/Law/Jordan /Dalglish / Griffiths at Hampden ) several Wembley High Spots and the many lows ( speak to my councillor ) .

We have absolutely only one team to worry about. 

Tonight was poor, right from the start. Once the business starts I expect this team to exceed expectations.  Forecast heart breaking exit at quarter finals.

42 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Pot 1

Germany

Belgium

Spain

Portugal

England 

France 

Pot 2

Austria

Albania

Switzerland

Turkey

Hungary

Denmark

Pot 4

Path C country

Path B country

Path A country

Czech Repbulic

Romania

Serbia

I would probably rather play Spain or Belgium over Germany purely due to the fact they’re hosting.

I’d also swap Austria for Denmark in pot 2 - Austria have been looking decent under Rangnick and the Danes seem to have hugely regressed since the last WC qualifiers. Every team in pot 2 is doable, though.