Scotland vs Norway 19th November 2023

MarkoRaj

26 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Strangely not so bothered about the Germans and would love to face them in the opener in Munich. Think they are under a lot of pressure and have struggled for some time now. Think we could given them a game. 

Don't want France. Far too good and should be winning the whole thing. 

For me not wanting England coms down to them being very good on the pitch when at it and because I want to enjoy the 3 match days (hopefully we might have 4 or 5 - we can but dream) and playing them on foreign soil will end up being anything but an enjoyable occasion. There will tens of thousands of fans of both in Germany and the host city on game day would be a complete shitshow. Nah, this promises to be a special tournament and there are far better options for us to face. 

Yeah, I’m looking forward to a party atmosphere in Germany but I feel like sharing a city with England’s fans would be a recipe for disaster.

The euros in London were okay because of Covid and the fact they were hosting - I only saw one small group of England fans the entire time I was there. The England away mob travel in numbers and actively look for trouble so I think the atmosphere could be a lot more toxic if we were to play them abroad.

35 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Strangely not so bothered about the Germans and would love to face them in the opener in Munich. Think they are under a lot of pressure and have struggled for some time now. Think we could given them a game. 

Don't want France. Far too good and should be winning the whole thing. 

For me not wanting England coms down to them being very good on the pitch when at it and because I want to enjoy the 3 match days (hopefully we might have 4 or 5 - we can but dream) and playing them on foreign soil will end up being anything but an enjoyable occasion. There will tens of thousands of fans of both in Germany and the host city on game day would be a complete shitshow. Nah, this promises to be a special tournament and there are far better options for us to face. 

The hosts sound good for a banana-skin opener with us on paper, yes, due to recent bad form; if I had a crystal ball then I would heed its advice 🤔😉

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thought the atmosphere was really poor at Hampden tonight, the light show stuff and dance music stuff just not really as stirring as 50,000 folk belting a song out, a bit manufactured and fake like an american sporting event imo. 

Tifo's almost always destroy the atmosphere, a scourge of the modern game.

Mind you, Norway scoring in 3 minutes, and a pretty lackluster performance in general doesn't help either.

Strange game last night. From the second Norway scored their first it was obvious neither team were really that bothered. Played like a friendly. 

Bit of a shame as I quite wanted us to win to round it all off but already forgotten. 

Zander clark is not a Scotland goalkeeper. That’s all I really took. 

Zander Clark not only is no where near good enough to play international football, he also has one of those fucking disgusting long beards men in their 20s and 30s shouldn't have as everyone who has one looks like a tramp.

10 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Good night lads. Enjoy your dreams of getting out the group in Germany. It won't happen.

It might happen but probably won't......but if a decent draw and if all first choice players fully fit and on-form then we do it. Unfortunately the chances of all those ifs aligning in our favour is unlikely so, it's out we trot. Hopefully heroically as in 74 and not tepidly as in the last Euros.

4 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

It might happen but probably won't......but if a decent draw and if all first choice players fully fit and on-form then we do it. Unfortunately the chances of all those ifs aligning in our favour is unlikely so, it's out we trot. Hopefully heroically as in 74 and not tepidly as in the last Euros.

In these 24 team Euros you can sometimes only need one win from 3. If we get a good pot 4 draw we should be odds on to qualify.

If Northern Ireland can do it, surely so can we

1 hour ago, lau03143 said:

Tifo's almost always destroy the atmosphere, a scourge of the modern game.

Mind you, Norway scoring in 3 minutes, and a pretty lackluster performance in general doesn't help either.

Absolutely agree - they look good on tv but completely ruins the players coming out at the start of the game. I can’t stand them!

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Zander Clark not only is no where near good enough to play international football, he also has one of those fucking disgusting long beards men in their 20s and 30s shouldn't have as everyone who has one looks like a tramp.

His name and his beard match. That's the best you can say for him.

One look at him and you KNOW his name's Zander.

It disgusts me. Even more than his terrible goalkeeping.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So we know how the pots sit at the moment, but has anyone worked out the potential changes after the final games tonight, or are they too numerous to mention? 

There's loads of outcomes still. Only us and Slovakia are currently guaranteed pot 3.

We could genuinely see both Moldova and Kazahkstan qualify as runners up in their groups tonight with well placed away wins which is fucking unfathomable for me, particularly the former who always have been genuine UEFA punching bags.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's loads of outcomes still. Only us and Slovakia are currently guaranteed pot 3.

We could genuinely see both Moldova and Kazahkstan qualify as runners up in their groups tonight with well placed away wins which is fucking unfathomable for me, particularly the former who always have been genuine UEFA punching bags.

Yeah, also just realised tonight's games aren't the final games. There's another load on Tuesday night. 🤦‍♂️

As others have said, I want absolutely nothing to do with England at this Euro's.  Firstly, they're very, very good and secondly, it'll turn into a circus in the months leading up to it, and we'll lose focus on game against the other sides in the group who will be, likely, closer to us in terms of ability.  Basically what happened at Euro 2020 when everyone's focus was on Wembley, and we fucked up a fantastic chance with two games at Hampden.

As for the game last night, it certainly felt like your average end of season meaningless game.  First half especially.  You could tell Clarke had strong words with them at half-time because the first 10/15 minutes of the second half was more like it.  Norway clearly targeted our left hand side (quite rightly so as Taylor isn't good enough).  I didn't mind McLean & Armstrong as the wide men, though it definitely worked better for me when they appeared on their opposite sides.  Only issue with them is the complete lack of pace in the side from midfield forward.  I suppose it could work when Robertson & Tierney are back and bombing down the left. 

Zander Clark showed why he'll never be good enough for international level and it's damning for Liam Kelly as well if Clarke thinks that was the better option of the two.  I'd imagine that'll be the last international start Jacob Brown has as well.

37 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

His name and his beard match. That's the best you can say for him.

One look at him and you KNOW his name's Zander.

It disgusts me. Even more than his terrible goalkeeping.

You just know fine well his pub of choice is Brewdog.