Falkirk Vs Kelty

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Much prefer opposition teams coming to TFS trying to play a bit so fair play to Kelly. Think their full backs have struggled a bit but our crossing has generally been poor so they've not been punished as much as they should have.

We've been ok, Miller really good and we're getting a lot of joy on the LHS. Really worried about the CBs on yellows and if we get a second early enough I'd be getting the 3 players on bookings off if possible.

Ref had a horrible half

Falkirk are the one team this season so far that we've not been able to take some control of the game against but Tidser will keep then trying to play.

Can't see us coming back at you here though. Falkirk by far the best side in the keague.

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Tell me nobody has ended up suspended for next week after that referee display. Actually wild. 

The one he booked Ethan Ross, and then failed to book someone about 30 seconds later for taking Ross out from behind, and also failing to book Owens for barging McCann over should see a gambling enquiry. 

I’m glad we won for many reasons, but mostly so the criticism of the ref doesn’t come off as sour grapes.

That was beyond doubt the worst, most biased, pathetic, incompetent display of refereeing I have ever seen.  8 yellow cards in a game with no real tackles to speak of was crazy.  Just astonishingly bad.  As in, write to the SFA to complain, should never referee again levels of bad.

Tidser decided to take advantage of it with the players going down at the slightest touch and whinging to the ref at every opportunity.

I thought Nesbitt was fantastic today, he should have got MotM for me.

Made hard work of that today but that's down to Kelty not letting us play with the same freedom we did at their place. 

Delighted to get the 3 points, and get the 2 points back on Hamilton immediately. Thought Morrison and MacIver were our weakest players and was looking for MacIver to be subbed for Agyeman before he scored. 

Onto the ref! I don't usually comment on a refs performance having been one myself years ago albeit at a much lower level but that performance today absolutely stank of it being all about him. He refereed his first Premiership match last weekend and he had an arrogance about him today that said he thought he was now above refereeing at L1 level. For what it's worth I didn't think MacIver dived but I also didn't think it was a penalty. Ethan Ross' yellow was a shocker of a decision 

Game if two halves. Struggled to carve out any clear cut chances, but scored if a well works move; after Finn kept the ball in play, with his header on the bye line.

2nd half we started dicking about & Kelty, to their credit, actually opened up. Posting a warning just minutes before equalising. Really thought we were struggling to get a grip back on the game when we conjured up the winner, pretty much out of nothing.

Not a great game, wasted by a really poor ref; but we were always going to have to win the battle before taking the points.

When you saw what constituted a foul, in the game, just how McIver was booked for diving is beyond me.🤷‍♂️

Hope we've reported that ref to the SFA. Absolute fucking shambles from booking MacIver for the most blatant penalty you will see when through on the keeper to penalising Ross for a clean tackle after he'd just come on, and actually booking him as well was simply beyond incompetence. Our fans were going properly mad at that point and quite rightly. Henderson booked for f**k all. Miller booked for f**k all. Yeats booked for f**k all. McCann booked for f**k all. What, a dozen free kicks for Kelty when a Falkirk player breathed somewhere within 10 yards of them? Don't know if he was Tidser's mate because he seemed to benefit from decision after decision. A total fucking shitshow throughout the 90 minutes, the like of which I dont think I've seen before in over 20 years of watching us, including multiple trips to Ibrox and Celtic Park. Hope he gets many dead rats in the post because they would be fully deserved, the blind p***k. Genuinely cant remember a worse refereeing performance against us. Ever. 

On the game, should have been much more comfortable. Felt we dominated throughout whist making a lot of poor decisions in the final third, still had enough chances to win 3 games of football. Kelty had a good 10 minute spell where they missed two great chances (both as a result of poor Hogarth kick outs) and then scored. On another day we'd have scored 6 but the 3 points is the most important thing especially with Hamilton dropping 2. Sets up next week very nicely indeed. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I expected a bit more from kelty in this game, given I thought our previous scoreline against them flattered us a little but the truth is they barely laid a glove on us and scored with with of their only 2 shots on target so I think they will be disappointed, especially with the first half where we were all over them for the full 45 minutes.

Losing that daft goal coupled with having the worst ref in the history of Scottish football though makes me very happy to get the 3 points, especially with Hamilton's result.