Lichties vs Rovers, 13 Dec…

1 minute ago, TheRoundO said:

Seriously though lads, I know you lost Hamilton at the last minute and Vaughan didn’t start, but if that’s what you’ve got you will not win the league. Lucky injury time winners do go on for ever. 

Get it RoundO you 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Seriously though lads, I know you lost Hamilton at the last minute and Vaughan didn’t start, but if that’s what you’ve got you will not win the league. Lucky injury time winners do go on for ever. 

Well if they do go on for ever then we should be fine

3 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

If it makes you feel better, that's as shite as we've been since we lost to Airdrie.

Raith can count their lucky stars tonight - they were very fortunate to get a win.

Arbroath defended well and then 5 mins into injury time Raith steal a goal.

Fair play to Raith for their outstanding run - but Arbroath were worthy of a point and surely can only be a matter of time before they start collecting points.

Thought all the Arbroath players put in  good shift and battled for every ball - sometimes, football can be very unfair.

5 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Pretty sure people were saying that back in October. Fortunately, nobody gives a f**k. 

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

According to the football ground guide, Gayfield is 115 x 71, Starks is 113 x 70

Enjoy your night

Thanks for the information. It just always seems tighter for some reason or another. The dram is poured and being gently dipped to feel the warm glow of yet another late show. Yuletide Felicitations to you and yours 🥃

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

According to the football ground guide, Gayfield is 115 x 71, Starks is 113 x 70

Enjoy your night

I'm genuinely surprised at that as Gayfield looked narrower on the stream tonight than Starks ever has. 

8 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Seriously though lad, we're not expecting to win the league, we all know United are the superior squad, but we're happy where we are at the moment and we'll keep going.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysThistle said:

Fair play to Raith, grinding out wins like that is a sign of title challengers. They seem to have real ability to win at all costs recently with the amount of late goals they have scored to win games. 

How many points have Raith now won from the last 5 minutes of games? 

Not sure about points, but in the last five minutes, in League play, Raith have 9 goals…of which 5 have occurred in added time. Last 20 minutes plus added time, Raith have 14 in League, 18 total.

Looking at my charts, I estimate 14 points earned in the last 5 minutes…1 points v Partick, 2 v Queen’s Park, 2 v ICT, 2 v Pars, 3 v Queen’s Park, 2 v ICT, 2 v Arbroath. If you expand to the last 20 minutes, it’s 19 points earned, a preposterous amount either way.

10 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Seriously though lads, I know you lost Hamilton at the last minute and Vaughan didn’t start, but if that’s what you’ve got you will not win the league. Lucky injury time winners do go on for 

Peter Duffield scored against Bayern and he says otherwise!!

gettyimages-1527258-612x612.jpeg.c71ce6ba691b95642afe84c716515e8d.jpeg.a3bc762400efea28e7368e7e77c1e035.jpeg

We've mentioned this on the podcast a few times, but in seasons before there's no chance we'd have won that. A great finish from Connolly for the opener, and in the first half we were comfortable until Dick's moment of madness for the penalty. The second half was insipid, and we failed to really offer anything of note. Absolute moment of magic for the goal at the end though. For all people greet about luck, when you've got lads like Vaughan and Easton on the pitch, there's every chance you'll get something from nothing, even if it got a helping hand. 

Right from before this game, this fixture looked absolutely stinking. In a rare change from some of the previous December outings to Arbroath the weather was absolutely fine - it was all about a poorer performance overall tonight. When you've got a huge match on Saturday, it's very easy for fans (and probably players too) to get complacent, particularly when the opposing fans are talking their side down. 

Roll on Saturday. Everything to play for.