Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

Huge game and hoping for the 1st time this season we can put a whole 97 minutes in 🤞

Team, what I think it will be.. 

Dabrowski 

Millen   Murray   O'Reilly   Dick   

Connolly  Byrne  Brown   Easton   

Stanton

Hamilton or Vaughan

What I'd like it to be.. 

Dabrowski 

O'Reilly   Murray    Dick

Mullin   Byrne  Brown  Smith

Stanton 

Vaughan  Hamilton

Really, really excited for this one now.

I expect the pitch to be alot quicker than at Gayfield last night which should mean some decent football from both teams.  Plenty of noise from both sets of fans and hopefully another great advert for the Championship.

I do of course want us to win, and have no doubt the team will go for it for the full 137 minutes, but I would happily take a point if offered it right now.

Driving up for this one, car park on Dura St seems the obvious choice given restrictions closer to the ground. Does this fill up quickly and is the Lidl next door to a a decent option ?

Edited by keyser_soze

37 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Is the Lidl next door to a a decent option ?

It might not be if they're following Lidl Kirkcaldy. In the last few weeks I've noticed signs in the Lidl car park on the esplanade saying that it's for Lidl shoppers only (or words to that effect). Over the road at Morrisons they've done the same.

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Driving up for this one, car park on Dura St seems the obvious choice given restrictions closer to the ground. Does this fill up quickly and is the Lidl next door to a a decent option ?

Some of the shops in Dundee have ANPR cameras in the car park, if you don't buy anything you may get lumped with a 'fine'

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Some of the shops in Dundee have ANPR cameras in the car park, if you don't buy anything you may get lumped with a 'fine'

No such thing as private parking in Scotland. Only council's can enforce parking. Simply don't pay it and they go away. 

9 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

No such thing as private parking in Scotland. Only council's can enforce parking. Simply don't pay it and they go away. 

Dundee woman hit with £24,500 City Quay parking fine bill after sheriff rules charges are valid (thecourier.co.uk)

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The courts knew who she was and were therefore able to enforce it. As long as you don't grass yourself you will be fine.

If you get there around 1.30/2pm Dura St should be fine although not ideal for away fans.

Our Ladys/Rosebank Primary is usually fine and Moncur Crescent, Canning St, Main St usually fine if there an hour in advance although I don't know if restrictions have made surrounding areas busier.

7 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Certainly there is a distinction between statutory parking fines and private parking fees in terms of enforcement but some of these private fees are enforceable and, indeed, are enforced through the courts.