Raith Rovers vs Ayr United, 22 Dec

12 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

You obviously haven't visited Kirkcaldy recently.

Lived in Fife for around 20 years , always thought Kirkcaldy was Ayr’s east coast twin town . So many similarities between Fife and Ayrshire in general : Lochgelly/Dalmelington , Ballingray/Drongan , Aberdour/Maidens …

On 17/12/2023 at 19:55, San Starko Rover said:

Not sure what to expect here, reverse fixture we were comfortable first half but Ayr came out and grabbed one back to make it a nervous 2nd half with a single goal win (we don’t do any other type of win). Since then we’re on a good run and Ayr seem to be sitting mid table inconsistent.  If we want to challenge Utd for the league (big if) these are the potential banana skins we need to overcome. I’ve no doubt Ayr will want to come to Fife and burst our bubble they’ve beaten Airdrie last fixture something we don’t seem to be able to do and will be looking to keep that going.  Plus side Murray seems to have pretty much a full squad to call on if you saw our team sheets last season you’ll understand the difference.  No offence to Ayr fans but I’m hoping we can continue the run for a Merry Christmas.  Fair play to any Honest Men fans who make the journey for this one. 

Ayr are still giving away a couple of easy opportunities a game and most teams have been taking them. Had Airdrie had a competent forward on the park, we could have lost by at least 2 goals. 
Our game plan seems to be, defend like f**k and hope to sneak one on a quick counter attack. Raith will follow the lead of every team that has played us this season and just bombard our right back for 90 minutes. 

On 17/12/2023 at 16:38, TxRover said:

Looking at the media regs from the SPFL I can’t find any evidence requiring anything other than a single PPV purchase, and there are a couple of articles saying the SPFL was considering a change, so hopefully you are correct.

I think teams have a limit to how many games they can stream. I would have thought the whole point of moving this game to a Friday would be to stream it. more people will buy a stream than will travel up on a Friday night, the last day most people will be working before Christmas. 

I fully expect a routine home win, with Raith being home and hosed by half time. 

I do also think that when a team does something good in this league, it is normally followed by a smackdown. Can Bullen mastermind an Ayr win(no)

Feeling strangely confident about this. With a fully fit side and Ayr's rotten fullbacks, I reckon we should be able to do a fair bit of damage to them. Especially if Hamilton is fit to ragdoll the centre backs. 

Never pans out that way though. 1-0 the Rovers, Josh Mullin 86th minute winner.

4 hours ago, lellywong said:

Hmm nothing routine about the Rovers and I doubt we'll be anything by halftime, not our style😂

We’ve actually got a pretty decent record of being ahead at half time, but yeah, I’d take nothing for granted except the three points.

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Presumably this will go down as a 3-0 walkover, with Ayr United FC having no option but to fold entirely after the release of that "Somerset Boab" video. 

We would still find some way to turn it into a one goal margin of victory. 

43 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Presumably this will go down as a 3-0 walkover, with Ayr United FC having no option but to fold entirely after the release of that "Somerset Boab" video. 

Ayr getting “boabied” on and off the pitch it would seem. 

9 hours ago, AuAl said:

Going to be up Fife way anyway this weekend so I will be in attendance - I hate myself for it already.

Where's decent for pre match food and drinks in Kirkcaldy? 

The Novar Bar on Nicol Street is pretty decent.

Wherever you decide, probably worth booking in advance given the proximity to Christmas.

16 hours ago, AuAl said:

Going to be up Fife way anyway this weekend so I will be in attendance - I hate myself for it already.

Where's decent for pre match food and drinks in Kirkcaldy? 

Aye Novar and Duchess are closest with decent enough food although as said above you’ll probably need to book. If you just want to walk up and grab food there’s also the Exchequer slightly further along the High Street which is your standard chain pub with pub grub and live sport.  There’s O’Connells as well but no idea what it’s like as I’ve not been in there in years although used to be fine.  

Pubs there’s a few at that end of the High Street in addition to the food ones.   Montagues, Alfie’s and the Penny Farthing are all fine and no issues getting in.  Closest to the ground is The Estuary (Link Street) bit of a dump especially the toilet but never had any problems in there.  

Obviously some will be busy final Friday before Christmas.