Queens v Annan

35 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

All 3 goals were good, but McGuffie’s was superb. 

As good as it was, from an Annan point of view poor defending and I'm sure we would have been giving our defence severe criticism if it had been against us. Reilly had no right to win the ball on the right wing, defender should have been in control of it all the way and if not put it out for a throw. How many players did McGuffie beat, 5 or 6? He had no right to get as far as the six yard box and again no defender put in any kind of challenge

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Unfortunately we had CB's Brydon, & McKay injured as well as Mclelland suspended today.

Ambrose not so sure he has had that many errors recently & showed his experience to deservedly get mom today. 

Good Jan transfer window is needed. Hard to believe we are still in touching distance of the playoffs at the top.

Lost another 'centre half' today in Church. Was surprised to see him in there today bit thought he done well. Another injury out of a nothing challenge

15 minutes ago, bod said:

Pubs were full today of "locals" wearing the tops of the arse cheeks while their hame team was playing just add the road!

I got asked why I was wearing a Queens top in the Granary the day of our Challenge Cup final a few years ago as it happened to be the same day as the Old Firm.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The most biased set of highlights you're ever likely to see :lol: Was half expecting them not to show our goals. 

https://youtu.be/7iq_JhNUzds?feature=shared

Wasn't at the game, so going by the highlights I'm amazed we managed to win the game considering we only seem to have got out of our own half on 3 occasions. 😄

McGuffie's goal - wtf were the Annan defenders trying to do?

Still trying to work out how Aidan Smith managed to pick up such a painful shin injury after being pushed in the chest at around 1.14 in the package - watch it at 0.25 speed and it's even more obvious that there was no foot to leg contact!  I can only assume that a Queens fan sneaked a gun into the stand and fired a round into to the poor wee soul's leg.  So much for the reputation of Sandsiders being hard bast@rds! 🤣

Edited by Slipmat

5 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Trying to watch as much of the old firm as possible by the sounds of it.

As for today, still very unconvincing from us but job done again against Annan and bragging rights once again in Dumfries. Two great goals for us but Marvin needs couple quality additions/ loans in January for us to be getting that top 4 secured. 

If we are clinging on to having  bragging rights over Annan, things have gone seriously downhill.

come to think of it, things have gone seriously downhill. 

Really some very deluded queens fans on here, Annan are league newcomers from a tiny town a third of the size of Dumfries who were defeated by one goal and it looked very like a penalty to Annan at the end. generally Annan were the  better and more entertaining team for most of the match. Goss was  poor for Annan but make no mistake this was simply a basement battle dogfight between two of the weakest teams in the league Queens have been massive underperformers this season. It is in both teams interest that Annan and Queens are in this league next season. Bragging rights my arse maybe wait till you beat some of the decent teams before you get a semi about squeezing past fellow strugglers who you gain valuable gate money from. Always want Annan to win and much rather Queens do well too am I missing something. No offence to sensible Queens fans 

17 minutes ago, Mac100 said:

Really some very deluded queens fans on here, Annan are league newcomers from a tiny town a third of the size of Dumfries who were defeated by one goal and it looked very like a penalty to Annan at the end. generally Annan were the  better and more entertaining team for most of the match. Goss was  poor for Annan but make no mistake this was simply a basement battle dogfight between two of the weakest teams in the league Queens have been massive underperformers this season. It is in both teams interest that Annan and Queens are in this league next season. Bragging rights my arse maybe wait till you beat some of the decent teams before you get a semi about squeezing past fellow strugglers who you gain valuable gate money from. Always want Annan to win and much rather Queens do well too am I missing something. No offence to sensible Queens fans 

^^^^ Salty tears. GIRUY and get doon. 

Yours sincerely, 

A sensible Queens fan. 

16 minutes ago, Mac100 said:

Really some very deluded queens fans on here

Show me a single deluded post from a QoS poster. 

Annan are league newcomers from a tiny town a third of the size of Dumfries who were defeated by one goal and it looked very like a penalty to Annan at the end.

It was never a penalty. Much like Goss's dive in the first half where he fell over after slight contact. 

generally Annan were the  better and more entertaining team for most of the match.

Better how? You lost. If you call that display entertaining then you've clearly had as shit a season as us. It was two dreadful performances with QoS thankfully being clinical in front of goal for once. 

Goss was  poor for Annan but make no mistake this was simply a basement battle dogfight between two of the weakest teams in the league

Goss is and always was gutter. He's clearly found his level at L2 though. Yeah, I'll happily have a charity bet with you that Edinburgh and Annan will be bottom two. 

Queens have been massive underperformers this season. It is in both teams interest that Annan and Queens are in this league next season.

Who's arguing that we haven't under performed? Nah, it's been a decent change to have you with us for a season but back down you go. 

Bragging rights my arse maybe wait till you beat some of the decent teams before you get a semi about squeezing past fellow strugglers who you gain valuable gate money from.

If we beat Falkirk we've to come on to the Annan thread for bragging rights?...

Always want Annan to win and much rather Queens do well too am I missing something. No offence to sensible Queens fans 

It's a derby. I don't think there's going to be too much in the way of nice feelings in these particular threads. 

Quite the heads gone for your first post. Hope you enjoyed your day. 

31 minutes ago, Mac100 said:

Yes a basement battle is fair to an extent. That said as shite as we are today’s win for QOS takes us into the top half of the league with just over twice as many points as Annan. I’m actually very happy for Annan to do well and was very pleased when they came up. As an addition you won’t find a single QOS fan who doesn’t think we’ve underachieved this season and for that matter for a number of seasons now. 
Edit to add that’s a belter of a first post. 😂

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Qos 19 you are absolutely the kind of deluded muppet I was referring to. Ambrose was obviously booed for halfing smith early in game. Goss is a league 2 level player probably true, but lets face it Annan cant afford Queens wages and they will be getting vertigo half way up div 1 which isn't so far away.  So kind of you to offer a charity bet that Annan will finish in the bottom 2 as they are currently eight points adrift did you need a calculator to spot that. In what way were Annan better well if you want to talk about pluckier more possession more shots on target they were better.Queens had one very good finish and one Annan defensive catastrophe doesn't mean much and as I said it looked very like a penalty from where I was standing  behind Goss but unlike you I am reserving judgment until I see footage but everyone around me felt it was a stonewaller. I hold my hands up when we are well beaten like the first time we were at Palmerston but there was very little in that game. 

9 hours ago, Mac100 said:

Qos 19 you are absolutely the kind of deluded muppet I was referring to. Ambrose was obviously booed for halfing smith early in game.

Ah, you mean the tiny wee push where Smith (shock horror!) went down like he'd been shot? He goes down holding his left shin when there was absolutely no contact on his left shin. You're probably that used to seeing Smith fall down that you believe he's being fouled I suppose. 

Goss is a league 2 level player probably true, but lets face it Annan cant afford Queens wages and they will be getting vertigo half way up div 1 which isn't so far away.

Boo hoo. If better wages meant success do you really think a side like Falkirk would be anywhere near this division? 

So kind of you to offer a charity bet that Annan will finish in the bottom 2 as they are currently eight points adrift did you need a calculator to spot that.

Makes your comment about us being one of two basement battling sides all the more stupid then, doesn't it? 

In what way were Annan better well if you want to talk about pluckier more possession more shots on target they were better.Queens had one very good finish and one Annan defensive catastrophe doesn't mean much

It's a shame for Annan that possession, pluckier and shots on target count for absolutely nothing. We had two very good finishes. One more than Annan, which is why we won...

as I said it looked very like a penalty from where I was standing  behind Goss but unlike you I am reserving judgment until I see footage but everyone around me felt it was a stonewaller.

I saw the footage: it's literally 8 posts above your second car crash of a post. He got a wee nudge in the back, hardly enough to make a big lad like Goss go down the way he did. 

I hold my hands up when we are well beaten like the first time we were at Palmerston but there was very little in that game. 

No one has claimed otherwise. You appear to be having imaginary arguments with yourself. Enjoy the hangover. 

Edited by 19QOS19

30 minutes ago, Mac100 said:

I hold my hands up when we are well beaten like the first time we were at Palmerston but there was very little in that game. 

Good luck finding any QOS fans who disagree re there being very little in that game. In addition cast your mind back to the previous game at Annan where the significant majority of QOS fans acknowledged we were fortunate to win that game. We’re far from deluded as a group of fans. We’re generally all too aware of how rubbish we’ve been for a number of seasons now. 

4 hours ago, queenslad said:

As good as it was, from an Annan point of view poor defending and I'm sure we would have been giving our defence severe criticism if it had been against us. Reilly had no right to win the ball on the right wing, defender should have been in control of it all the way and if not put it out for a throw. How many players did McGuffie beat, 5 or 6? He had no right to get as far as the six yard box and again no defender put in any kind of challenge

Totally correct,Tommy Muir lost possesion & the boy skipped through 3 non existent challenges - aye very disappointing from an Annan point  of view.

Gav Reilly clinical finish for the 2nd. - he's a good guy - notice nobody slags the Gretna boy & he never over celebrates- he's one of us.

How many saves did Greg Fleming have to make against the "galacticos" today ? Very few.

A great day out appreciating football,lovely bar staff - the Imperial, The Globe, The Vicky ,the Stag & the Waverley - commendations to all of them.

Annan know where we are - some o u guys that post on here who always seem to miss games are totally deluded - you have a full time team full o shrimps & no physical presence .

Prob won of the worst Queens teams I have seen in my life ( Yeh I was a Queens fan before my hometown team joined league,simples)

2 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Annan know where we are - some o u guys that post on here who always seem to miss games are totally deluded - you have a full time team full o shrimps & no physical presence*.

Prob won of the worst Queens teams I have seen in my life** ( Yeh I was a Queens fan before my hometown team joined league,simples)

* Are you lads incapable of reading or is this just something you enjoy saying? I'll ask you the same question I asked your drunken pal - show me a single "deluded" post from a QoS poster. 

** Yeah, that's probably what the majority of QoS fans think as well. Thankfully Annan and Edinburgh*** are stinking the division out more than us so we should be safe from the drop. 

*** If they didn't have their financial collapse I think they may well have improved. 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Gav Reilly clinical finish for the 2nd. - he's a good guy - notice nobody slags the Gretna boy & he never over celebrates- he's one of us.

Wit, who’s ‘us’? 

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Prob won of the worst Queens teams I have seen in my life ( Yeh I was a Queens fan before my hometown team joined league,simples)

9 points out of a possible 9, simples. Happy new year buddy x