Queens v Annan

Complete and utter dogshite. Two awful sides once again match up. Any neutral isn't thinking QoS are supposed to be the better placed side. The only bit of quality the entire game has been from our MotM (even before he scored) McGuffie with an outstanding goal. Get him tucked in behind Reilly and he might actually find a pass rather than this high ball pish. Docherty needs to go before he's sent off. He's been non-existent other than his stupid booking. 

7 pts from 9 and he takes off our two best attacking players. I'm actually furious with this pish. If we get beat he has to go. Sadly I expect no subs at HT and Bartley will think 1-1 at home to relegation fodder is no bad going. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

7 pts from 9 and he takes off our two best attacking players. I'm actually furious with this pish. If we get beat he has to go. Sadly I expect no subs at HT and Bartley will think 1-1 at home to relegation fodder is no bad going. 

Agreed.

Looks like we have turned a corner in last few weeks with wins and scored a few cracking goals - Gibson and Connelly to the fore - and then he benches both for a Home game to 2nd bottom team who are leaking goals. 

Makes no sense whatsoever.

15 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Agreed.

Looks like we have turned a corner in last few weeks with wins and scored a few cracking goals - Gibson and Connelly to the fore - and then he benches both for a Home game to 2nd bottom team who are leaking goals. 

Maybe worried about the 2 Gibson’s facing off against each other. Looks like I made a good decision dodging a 7 hour trip in bad weather to miss this triage. 

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Connelly, Gibson and Walker on now ... Marvin finally going for it at last?  Why wait until the last 18 mins at home against the second bottom side?  Answers on a postcard, etc etc ...

That’s us 2 points off a playoff spot. A chance to strengthen in the Jan window. It may have been a poor performance by all accounts but we are starting to win ugly. Let’s enjoy tonight and hope we can grind out a run. 

It's 3 points and that's all that really matters I suppose. But two excellent finishes from McGuffie and Reilly respectively have covered what was a truly terrible performance. Looking only slightly better than 9th spot is poor regardless of it being a Derby. I'm maybe being harsh but that was the first time I've seen us since Kelty in Nov and we look just as bad tbh. 

I thought Stone was excellent other than that punch in the air - two times he made an outstanding leap onto the ball to prevent a goal. Ambrose was brilliant, particularly in the second half. He had Goss in his back pocket and how he got his head to clear it off the line was incredible. Still has some leap! 

Yet again Goss stunk the place out and was deservedly sent off. Any QoS fans still think we should have kept him? 

Ref was a strange one. Thought he made some questionable decisions for both sides. At least he was consistent I suppose. 

After last week at Stirling I couldn’t muster the enthusiasm to make the trip and from the sound of things it was a good decision.

There is no doubt that we are really dreadful and our Manager just stumbles on from game to game with no real pattern to our play or any concerted “direction of travel”. Fortunately after the shock Montrose win we have taken a further 7 points from 3 “kind fixtures” although when you see Falkirk brush Stirling aside 5-0 it perhaps takes the shine off that away point.

At least we have strung some results together and we have to be grateful for that. Overall though - dreadful fayre and some really questionable selections. 

Some tough fixtures coming up - it will be interesting to see what transfer activity there will be if any. 

Not a classic by any means, as stated the only high points from a Queens point of view were their goals, especially McGuffie's. Fair play to valliant wee Annan, they really tried but again came up just short. Deserved red card for Goss, thought it could actually have been a straight red, and Gibson W. and Smith proved again to be moaning twats who got exactly what they deserved from the game. A few hairy moments defensively for Queens in that second half but still managed to claim full points (again). 

9 from 12, thank-you very much. 

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Agreed.

Heard Lee was ill during the week & turned up late today, Gibson a strange one maybe just due to his dad playing for the otherside.. 

Good 3 points makeshift defence today. Ambrose was excellent today, wonder if he will get signed until end of the season.