Queens v Annan

It was another game between two poor sides, but with 3 very good goals. From the terrace I was convinced it should have been an Annan penalty late on, but I also thought we had a good shout for a penalty in the first half for handball given that the hand was above head height. Thought Church and then Todd both did very well out of position at CB. Our midfield was very poor, McKay and Cochrane were both missed in there. 

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Totally correct,Tommy Muir lost possesion & the boy skipped through 3 non existent challenges - aye very disappointing from an Annan point  of view.

Gav Reilly clinical finish for the 2nd. - he's a good guy - notice nobody slags the Gretna boy & he never over celebrates- he's one of us.

How many saves did Greg Fleming have to make against the "galacticos" today ? Very few.

A great day out appreciating football,lovely bar staff - the Imperial, The Globe, The Vicky ,the Stag & the Waverley - commendations to all of them.

Annan know where we are - some o u guys that post on here who always seem to miss games are totally deluded - you have a full time team full o shrimps & no physical presence .

Prob won of the worst Queens teams I have seen in my life ( Yeh I was a Queens fan before my hometown team joined league,simples)

I don't think any Queens fan realistically thinks of the team as Galacticos on this season's performsnces

Glad you had a good day in all those pubs, probably explains your salty tears post. 

If the Queens team is full of shrimps what does that make Annan, I've never seen a team whose players hit the deck as easily at the slightest contact, and cry to the ref for opposition players to be booked at every foul. 

I doubt you were ever a real Queens fan, a fan stays with their team for life, reminiscent of fans defecting to Gretna when they hit the "big leagues". Still probably cheaper for you than travelling to Glasgow to watch your real big team. 

Get doon. 

Comedy from QOS19 You have given me a great laugh. 1 You were aware of the Ambrose challenge and resultant boos from Annan fans but thought it might be about Celtic.🤣 DELUDED. 2 You criticize me for saying size of budget and support are important and the example you use to illustrate I am wrong is Falkirk 🤣who are pissing the league DELUDED. 3 You claim you enjoy us being in the same league and end your post with down you go.🤣 DELUDED. Not wasting anymore time reading your shite, your posts are like Les Dawson playing the Piano except he was faking his incompetence. Happy New Year everyone else.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah, I'll happily have a charity bet with you that Edinburgh and Annan will be bottom two. 

Henry McClelland would probably have accepted your offer if you omitted the "charity" bit.

The Annan squad has a few "chips on shoulders" ex Queens players desperate to prove the club wrong for letting them go, sadly the only thing proved is it was right to let them go. Can't say I'd take any of that squad to Queens but I'm sure a few Queens players would walk into the Annan team. Actually wouldn't be surprised if Todd eventually ends up there given he lives fairly locally, he's not quite dropped to that level yet though. 

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Henry McClelland would probably have accepted your offer if you omitted the "charity" bit.

Banter is fine, but when it gets personal thats a completely different story ? Im sure the elusive SD would agree !!!

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It was another game between two poor sides, but with 3 very good goals. From the terrace I was convinced it should have been an Annan penalty late on, but I also thought we had a good shout for a penalty in the first half for handball given that the hand was above head height. Thought Church and then Todd both did very well out of position at CB. Our midfield was very poor, McKay and Cochrane were both missed in there. 

It was a really poor game Annan are a big physical team at times we struggled with that .

Our midfield at times gave Gibson far to much time on the ball we really missed Cochrane and McKay .

We won the game scoring 2 really good goals could not really care how we played all that matters is the result .

Did not see any close pen calls for either team the ref had a decent game got most things right .

2 hours ago, Mac100 said:

Comedy from QOS19 You have given me a great laugh. 1 You were aware of the Ambrose challenge and resultant boos from Annan fans but thought it might be about Celtic.🤣 DELUDED. 2 You criticize me for saying size of budget and support are important and the example you use to illustrate I am wrong is Falkirk 🤣who are pissing the league DELUDED. 3 You claim you enjoy us being in the same league and end your post with down you go.🤣 DELUDED. Not wasting anymore time reading your shite, your posts are like Les Dawson playing the Piano except he was faking his incompetence. Happy New Year everyone else.

Wow. I put it down to the booze last night but it's just you. 

1) I thought nothing of Ambrose's challenge because it was a slight push in the back. Go and watch your biased highlights and you'll see for yourself. 

2) How many years have Falkirk been in this division? 

3) I said it was nice for this season aye, but get back where you belong. 

I'll ask you again, show me a single deluded post from a QoS poster. An idea would be to look up the word deluded in the dictionary first as you clearly have no idea what the word means. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Can't say I'd take any of that squad to Queens but I'm sure a few Queens players would walk into the Annan team. Actually wouldn't be surprised if Todd eventually ends up there given he lives fairly locally, he's not quite dropped to that level yet though. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there very soon.... 

The goals from this game were all terrific but McGuffie's was frankly sensational. If only he could show this level of ability on a regular basis?

Falkirk fans called it correctly - he will score 2/3 worldies every season but go awol for the majority of the time. Clearly, with that amount of natural ability he shouldn't be continually warming our bench - over to him really.

15 hours ago, RH33 said:

Only here for the heads gone.

Or for a snapshot of what life will be like at Victoria Park when your sugar daddy eventually exits stage left ... perchance?

PS - Happy New Year! 😎

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The goals from this game were all terrific but McGuffie's was frankly sensational. If only he could show this level of ability on a regular basis?

Falkirk fans called it correctly - he will score 2/3 worldies every season but go awol for the majority of the time. Clearly, with that amount of natural ability he shouldn't be continually warming our bench - over to him really.

Aye, McGuffie clearly has talent, it's a terrifically well made and well taken goal ... but you have to say that those Annan defenders need to take a good look at themselves, letting that happen slap bang in the centre of defence.

On 31/12/2023 at 11:14, Slipmat said:

Didn’t think for a minute you’d have the nads to answer ! You’re very quick to names names when suits. When Skyline drifter was getting pelters from all corners no one gave a name. SD quickly disappeared ( doesn’t ADD up ??? )

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

31 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Didn’t think for a minute you’d have the nads to answer ! You’re very quick to names names when suits. When Skyline drifter was getting pelters from all corners no one gave a name. SD quickly disappeared ( doesn’t ADD up ??? )

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

What are you talking about? 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What are you talking about? 

It's genuinely mysterious.

Like most Doonhamers, I know and like plenty of people from Annan.  Similarly, I've nothing but good wishes for the football team.  I was delighted when they came up and hope they can stay here, as long as it's not at our expense.

Their supporters on here are a strange bunch though.  They seem to see antagonism where it doesn't exist, then end up creating and inviting some.

Bloody weird.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's genuinely mysterious.

Like most Doonhamers, I know and like plenty of people from Annan.  Similarly, I've nothing but good wishes for the football team.  I was delighted when they came up and hope they can stay here, as long as it's not at our expense.

Their supporters on here are a strange bunch though.  They seem to see antagonism where it doesn't exist, then end up creating and inviting some.

Bloody weird.

Having a very cheap shot at Henry isn’t antagonistic?