Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It would be impossible for Britain to enact conscription on a mass scale. There isn’t the infrastructure to equip, train and supply a large army or an influx of conscripts. The British Army has been reducing in size since the 1980s. 

Drafting a load of P&Bers in a Full Metal Jacket style boot camp sounds excellent though.

New thread: Which P&Ber is Private Pyle?

I'm 40, fat, both my knees are gone and I have poor eyesight. 

I doubt I'd be fit enough.

I'm also a shitebag so I'd not fight naw.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I had a look at the medical restrictions after reading your post.

I think I tick a box in almost every category

I notice a history of genital diseases and having piles bars you from active service. To avoid the draft all I need to do is shag dodgy women on wet grass :thumsup2

Actually taking the conscription ages of WW1 and WW2 I think I'm too old now. I could join the modern equivalent of the Home Guard I suppose and be quartermaster:

BLOODNOK: Any chance of calling the Police from here? 
SEAGOON: No
BLOODNOK: Ahh, safe at last. You see we were out on manoevres when, eouigggh, me and the regimental funds took a wrong turning... 

War sounds like a drag and I don't love Britain enough to endure a stubbed toe for it, never mind kill or die for it.  I'll give this one a miss, thanks.

Ed:  And yes, of course, all the people who think that anyone younger than them should be signed up should be volunteered for it themselves.

Edited by A Diamond For Me

I'm past the age of conscription in WWII now, so they'll have to be really desperate for cannon fodder to call me up. If they do, I think I'd opt for the bullet in the face at this point; I don't care if our betters can keep hold of their wealth, and I'm not interested in helping them hold on to it.

Unrelated, but I really wish people would stop claiming that we're shifting towards fascism. There's nothing dangerous about the creeping militarisation of society at all.