Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Genuinely don't see the negative behind this. Yeah, it's a bit short term but the only thing he has going against him is age and lack of knowledge on Scottish football. Considering his 'negative' style, I don't see the latter as being a major issue. 

Ageism a side, he's probably the most qualified manager Aberdeen have appointed in a very long time. 

I'll be disappointed if there's no fireworks though.

57 minutes ago, DC92 said:

It is box office, but I think it's also an annoyingly sensible appointment. He's proven just about everywhere he's been (albeit usually in the English Championship) that he can deliver results in the short term and he's the right sort of personality to lift the mood around the club.

If he can get them into Europe then they'll also be on a stronger footing to bring a new manager in in the summer than they are now.

Pretty much my take on it. He's a big character in interviews and on the touchline, but he's not eccentric in his tactics. He's a pragmatist. I think he'll use the time wisely - I hope Cormack and Burrows do the same.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Genuinely don't see the negative behind this. Yeah, it's a bit short term but the only thing he has going against him is age and lack of knowledge on Scottish football. Considering his 'negative' style, I don't see the latter as being a major issue. 

Ageism a side, he's probably the most qualified manager Aberdeen have appointed in a very long time. 

I'll be disappointed if there's no fireworks though.

First manager to find the VAR control room during a match and confront the officials, IMO.

His track record has some very good things on it bit he's far from being someone who's been good everywhere.  Leeds and Boro in particular were both dreadful spells for him and he's always thrived on being the underdog,wl which as much as i don't like Aberdeen, will rarely be the case for him in his remaining fixtures.  He can't really sit in and try to hit on the break at home to Ross County.

Should be a laugh, though he's a massive tory so hopefully it's a disaster

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

His track record has some very good things on it bit he's far from being someone who's been good everywhere.  Leeds and Boro in particular were both dreadful spells for him and he's always thrived on being the underdog,wl which as much as i don't like Aberdeen, will rarely be the case for him in his remaining fixtures.  He can't really sit in and try to hit on the break at home to Ross County.

Given the number of promotions he’s won he can’t have been the underdog in all of them surely? He must have a reasonable amount of experience with teams that take the game to their opponents.

Warnock is always going to fight for your club.  If he feels refreshed, he will give it everything.  He doesn't need the payoff, like a younger manager might.  He loves Scotland.  He loves Scottish football.    It will be interesting.

27 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Maybe someone else said he's been good everywhere he's been, but I just said he's delivered results in the short term. I'm sure there are exceptions to that, but even at Middlesbrough he was appointed when they were right in relegation bother near the end of the season and got them fairly comfortably safe. I assume Aberdeen are just looking for a similar short-term boost.

Maybe he won't be a good fit for them or he won't adapt to the league or whatever. Hopefully not.