St Mirren V Dundee

Fair play to St Mirren. Deserved win. Probably the flattest and poorest we've been in the league this season. 

Some weird fat c**t seemed more interested in trying to fight with the stewards than celebrate when ast amirren scired. Remember noticing him last time as well. Just a very angry individual.

Away from the shite football, what'd the script with Tannahill Road, St Mirren fans? Parked my car there and was like walking through a real life zombie apocalypse.

5 minutes ago, mungo said:

They made reference a few times in the commentary that they couldn't see the names on the back of the strips clearly for all at saints players  Nothing to do with skin colour. 

Given Mandron went off for Olusanya I'd say it was pretty much not a 'name on the shirt' issue...

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair play to St Mirren. Deserved win. Probably the flattest and poorest we've been in the league this season. 

Some weird fat c**t seemed more interested in trying to fight with the stewards than celebrate when ast amirren scired. Remember noticing him last time as well. Just a very angry individual.

Away from the shite football, what'd the script with Tannahill Road, St Mirren fans? Parked my car there and was like walking through a real life zombie apocalypse.

Welcome to feegie 😂

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's all being demolished for new housing. Long before time. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You’ll be used to that 

On 04/02/2024 at 16:17, Girth said:

One of my pals lives near Paisley. I also like it. 

Wait, this is far too pleasant...up yours pandas!

Thank you. 

Three points.

Thank you!

That’s a big win for us tonight, two wins 5 goals scored and two clean sheets. Delighted to see Olusanya grabbing his goal late on. 

Dundee are probably a better side than the one who turned up tonight. But we are a tough nut to crack at the SMISA. 

I thought we deserved the win, fist half in particular we could have been two up given chances created.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Houses on Tannahill have been condemned for demolition for a few years. Tennants in Tannahill were understandably reluctant to move as many were in these houses for 30-40 years and wanted best council house deal Renfrewshire Council could give before being convinced to move on.

So brinksmanship on both sides and a refusal to move meant that the houses have laid pretty much condemned for far too long. It's a similar situation to what my own mum and dad went through on Bankfoot Road (which runs adjacent to Tannahill) about 23-24 years ago. RC wanted to get them and some others out, they refused until they were offered proper accommodation and not the first shitehole offered and all it led to the street becoming ruinous.

A shame really, It used to be a couple of nice wee decent streets. I think there is now only one or two people in total left across the three streets that make up Tannahill.

Edited by djchapsticks

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

1 way traffic the whole game, pumped from start to finish, some team the Dee.

Thank f**k we didn’t pay over the odds for Curtis Main.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

1 way traffic the whole game, pumped from start to finish, some team the Dee.

Thank f**k we didn’t pay over the odds for Curtis Main.

Weird post to quote.

Fully deserved win.

Although Carson made a howler for the first goal, he saved Dundee with a good stop in the first half and another two or three in the second or the game would have been put to bed a lot sooner that it was.

Big Mandron, much as I do love Ayunga, is without doubt our best centre forward - baffling that some folk still groan at his name in the team.

The referee and the West stand side linesman were utterly fucking appalling, though. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Houses on Tannahill have been condemned for demolition for a few years. Tennants in Tannahill were understandably reluctant to move as many were in these houses for 30-40 years and wanted best council house deal Renfrewshire Council could give before being convinced to move on.

So brinksmanship on both sides and a refusal to move meant that the houses have laid pretty much condemned for far too long. It's a similar situation to what my own mum and dad went through on Bankfoot Road (which runs adjacent to Tannahill) about 23-24 years ago. RC wanted to get them and some others out, they refused until they were offered proper accommodation and not the first shitehole offered and all it led to the street becoming ruinous.

A shame really, It used to be a couple of nice wee decent streets. I think there is now only one or two people in total left across the three streets that make up Tannahill.

It didn't look like your usual scummy area and some of the gardens still in decent condition but it's fucking eerie in the dark.