9 minutes ago, virginton said:

The comparison being that the English pyramid system has also excluded play-off entrants just this week for failing to meet the criteria to step up to a higher level. The play-offs will continue without the excluded club - just as the SPFL play-off will continue with the club eligible to move up. 

Thanks for playing anyway - looking forward to your next tinfoil hat meltdown already. 

Comparing the English pyramid which has automatic relegation spots from the League.

Thanks for making that point.

4 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Out of curiosity, what would happen next season if Buckie win the league again? Will something be in place to allow the runners up to take their place or leave it as Team 42 v LL? Will Buckie be penalised for not participating in the play offs or a ban from the Scottish Cup? 

I would imagine they will take the steps to make sure this does not happen again, but if both clubs do not have the licence nor follow the rules the play off which will most probably be against Edinburgh City wont happen.

3 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Comparing the English pyramid which has automatic relegation spots from the League.

The Scottish pyramid is now 10 years old.

The English pyramid had plenty of teething problems in the first 10 years and beyond. It didn't just magically come together the way it is now.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Out of curiosity, what would happen next season if Buckie win the league again? Will something be in place to allow the runners up to take their place or leave it as Team 42 v LL? Will Buckie be penalised for not participating in the play offs or a ban from the Scottish Cup? 

In theory  somebody could win HL or LL year-after-year, apply for neither a bronze licence nor grace/waivers, and gum up the works. It could be got round by HL altering their rules to say only clubs holding a bronze licence in advance can be champions (no chance of that passing IMO); or SPFL & LL agreeing to alter the collective rules and allow runners-up/etc. to enter playoffs instead (ditto). In theory  such a club could ultimately lose their licence - and thus be relegated from HL or LL - if their attitude was considered "failing to engage in the pyramid" or whatever the exact wording is.

In practice though Buckie would be bronze licensed today were it not for this delay getting a doctor to attend home games or getting a derogation. Indeed they might have that bronze licence in just 3 weeks.

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The existence of automatic relegation spots is completely and utterly irrelevant to your claim that setting minimum criteria for promotion is against the premise of a pyramid league system. No matter how many times you try and flail towards *whatever* point you're hoping to achieve here. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The existence of automatic relegation spots is completely and utterly irrelevant to your claim that setting minimum criteria for promotion is against the premise of a pyramid league system. No matter how many times you try and flail towards *whatever* point you're hoping to achieve here. 

Stop having a meltdown and go back to talking about the state of Crappielow.

I wonder in Neil Doncaster will be at Buckie to present them with their Trophy/flag for winning the Highland League? 

If he does I expect he will get the same reaction as he got from myself when he presented The Pars with their League 1 trophy last season. 

15 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Stop having a meltdown and go back to talking about the state of Crappielow.

Shame, I'm sure that seemed like a real zinger in your head too. 

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Scottish pyramid is now 10 years old.

The English pyramid had plenty of teething problems in the first 10 years and beyond. It didn't just magically come together the way it is now.

Since the English pyramid came about its had good number of casualties, clubs going bust, promoted clubs unable to go up due ground issues, clubs being kicked down a league, clubs going into administration and getting belted with huge points deductions. Bit of a graveyard, some big non league names gone.

Scottish clubs so far since the pyramid started up here have been rather well behaved in comparison.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I wonder in Neil Doncaster will be at Buckie to present them with their Trophy/flag for winning the Highland League? 

If he does I expect he will get the same reaction as he got from myself when he presented The Pars with their League 1 trophy last season. 

Why would he - he’s the chief of the SPFL not the Highland League

It puzzles me because if Buckie truly wanted to go up the leagues and were told previously with 3 letters about the amendments needed for the bronze license you’d of though all of it would of been done by now or close to getting it all done and in time for the playoffs and for their recent statement if it trully is from the sfa about giving them time until the 15th may then its a bit dodgy of the sfa supposedly changing their mind and expelling Buckie from the playoffs so either Buckie is making out they've tried making time for it but trully dont want to go up or either something dodgy has went on at the sfa

Edited by cityloon

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Why would he - he’s the chief of the SPFL not the Highland League

I thought that might be the case as soon as I posted it.

The Highland League could always invite him just for a laugh! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why would the SPFL continue to engage with Buckie as recently as Tuesday and Wednesday with no mention of having missed the deadline and the playoff about to be canned.

It’s just overly officious and unnecessary to throw up a missed deadline of weeks ago which is also fairly irrelevant given they were in the process of addressing all areas of concern.

37 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Why would the SPFL continue to engage with Buckie as recently as Tuesday and Wednesday with no mention of having missed the deadline and the playoff about to be canned.

It’s just overly officious and unnecessary to throw up a missed deadline of weeks ago which is also fairly irrelevant given they were in the process of addressing all areas of concern.

This is where I am at.  Buckie clearly haven't covered themselves in glory.  However, it appears that the licensing team have cut them some slack, then pulled the rug from under them.  Ludicrous that Buckie weren't given an unambiguous ultimatum of what they had to do and by what date.  Also crazy that it got so close to the wire.  Yet another embarrassing episode from the clowns at Hampden who gave us the Conference proposal, the Cinch fiasco and many other screw ups over the years.

5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

I would imagine they will take the steps to make sure this does not happen again, but if both clubs do not have the licence nor follow the rules the play off which will most probably be against Edinburgh City 

You reckon? I don't. 

I'd rather watch a game at Victoria Park where there is a real atmosphere than that excuse for a ground at Meadowbank.

It would have been easy for the SpeeFL to let the games go ahead then if Buckie won give them the guidance to get their 

ground up to scratch before the season started. When I compare Bonnyrigg's ground with Buckie's, I wonder what the

criteria is.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Having read these recent posts I'm marvelling at a national sport which dispenses summary judgement for  bureaucratic infractions of a minor nature, yet remains mutely inactive about decades of singing about being up to one's knees in ****** blood.

Remarkable, quite remarkable.

Does a song hurty your feelings? Awww bless