Falkirk v Montrose

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Can’t see many changes tbh, if any. We did play better when Tait came on though. 

As per, ask the regular starting XI to start, if we are lucky have the job done by half-time and then give the likes of Hendo, Callumn, McIver a rest for the second 45.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In thought hendo looked a bit leggy yesterday. Would perhaps give Tait a.game instead of him to give him a break.

Hendo took a bad knock in the first half yesterday. I would play Tait in his place as he has already teamed up with Spencer at Raith so could work. We would miss the strength though

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In thought hendo looked a bit leggy yesterday. Would perhaps give Tait a.game instead of him to give him a break.

He's probably the only.one I'd consider resting. Noticeable yesterday he got caught on the ball a couple of time and sort of fell over his own feet a couple of times too. No one comes in for more treatment from opposition than him. That's why I was delighted to see Lang eventually elect to cement a couple of them. I don't like to see Coll trying it cos he's too gangly and it always looks like he's going for a leg breaker, but Lang has ball AND man down to a fine art. More of it.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hendo took a bad knock in the first half yesterday. I would play Tait in his place as he has already teamed up with Spencer at Raith so could work. We would miss the strength though

Hendo took a fair few knocks throughout the game but agree he did look a bit heavy legged.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Hendo took a fair few knocks throughout the game but agree he did look a bit heavy legged.

It is no wonder. Hendo does the dirty work which allows Spencer ( how did you miss that!!!) and Nizzy to do the play making. It leads to him getting his share of knocks but appears to handle it. Yeats? Made from girders i think.

I reckon there will be at least one change as John hinted in the post match interview.

The backline picks itself unless there is injuries from Saturday, I'd keep Hogarth in goals as I'm not a fan of swapping on a regular basis unless they are costing us games.

Tait for Henderson seems a likely one, Ross and/or Agyeman I'd guess only other options.

Montrose can be quite physical, so Agyeman might be a thought.

It was a fair battle on Saturday both physically and mentally that I reckon we will have a couple of changes. 

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

I reckon there will be at least one change as John hinted in the post match interview.

The backline picks itself unless there is injuries from Saturday, I'd keep Hogarth in goals as I'm not a fan of swapping on a regular basis unless they are costing us games.

Tait for Henderson seems a likely one, Ross and/or Agyeman I'd guess only other options.

Montrose can be quite physical, so Agyeman might be a thought.

It was a fair battle on Saturday both physically and mentally that I reckon we will have a couple of changes. 

Miller looked out on his feet about half way through the second half, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Ross starts.

Am I missing something? I thought Tait was a 10 (who could play further back if needed). Sure it was Spencer, Ross Matthews and Tait in front of him? 

As much as I’d like to freshen things up, I’d stick with the same starting 11 and can then freshen things up later. Maybe just scarred by Edinburgh City.

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Miller looked out on his feet about half way through the second half, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Ross starts.

Miller took a fair bit of punishment on Saturday as well, also wouldn't be shocked to see Ethan Ross start in his place on Tuesday 

3 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Am I missing something? I thought Tait was a 10 (who could play further back if needed). Sure it was Spencer, Ross Matthews and Tait in front of him? 

As much as I’d like to freshen things up, I’d stick with the same starting 11 and can then freshen things up later. Maybe just scarred by Edinburgh City.

In Tait's two sub appearances so far he's sat beside Spencer in front of the back 4 so reckon McGlynn sees that as his best position.

Would also be very harsh to drop Nesbitt, who has been playing out his skin since coming back from injury. No coincidence we've won 9 and drawn 1 in the 10 games he's started since then, think he got three assists against Hamilton on Saturday 

4 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Asking me to think too far back, but I seem to remember them having a really interchangeable midfield where they took it in turns to fill in as the furthest forward. We play a bit like that now too actually.

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Asking me to think too far back, but I seem to remember them having a really interchangeable midfield where they took it in turns to fill in as the furthest forward. We play a bit like that now too actually.

Aye. The notionally most defensive of them all, Hendo, regularly pops up as the furthest midfielder forward especially when the ball is out wide and he's sniffing for a header. 

Wouldn't be overly surprised to see a couple of changes given the quick turn around and a few knocks after a hard second half on Saturday.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ross, Tait and maybe even shanley getting a start. 

On 18/02/2024 at 16:48, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Montrose have probably given us our toughest games of the season, reckon Tuesday will be no different. Our record against part-time teams midweek must be pretty good so hopefully that continues.

Would honestly be happy with a point here, 

You guys happy with a point, we'd be happy with a point. Let's just call it a draw and move on to Saturday.