🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline ⚫️⚪️ - Friday night football 23/02/24

2 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Well they did give us Tom Jones and get to a euros semi

Considering you have a scottish name you sound about as scottish as the king of england's cock.

6 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Regardless of how pish we were, we were still literally denied 2 legitimate goals (regardless of how convinced you are of that). You’d all be raging too.

As an aside, love when country bumpkins have a chip on their shoulder about the “weegie media.” I’m sure you’ll all enjoy your night out in the big city.

Delightful. 

south park my posts GIF

6 hours ago, par-adise said:

As I said, absolutely heads gone... 

Cheat, Cheat, Cheat, Cheat

It's about time that Partick's bully boys got their comeuppance. For far too long the likes of Graham, Muirhead, 'Banzo' have been getting away with murder and they've got Diack and Stanway trying it as well.  A wee bit of karma is well overdue.

11 hours ago, Wacky said:

PLEASE PLEASE take Benjamin off. PLEASE 

I have to be fair and say the lad improved in the second half. More than once I watched him back peddle into our box before attempting a tackle, potential penalty hazard IMO. He did get way better as the second half went on, and he popped up virtually unmarked in the box to nod the header home with gusto it’s was similar to the one Arbroath scored against us last week. 
as for the disallowed Partick goals. One looked like robbery the other was too hard to tell from the TV angle. Shit like that happens in football, sometimes for you and sometimes against. Pars goals were stonewallers though, no doubt about them. 

On 18/02/2024 at 11:58, HoBNob said:

We're going to get absolutely dicked. 

On 18/02/2024 at 15:23, DAFC. said:

Draw is best we can hope for now. We're at that stage where we just have to shit fest results and hope to get chances up the field to score to steal points. We are proper shite and are well worthy of being 9th in the league. 

On 18/02/2024 at 18:03, Wacky said:

Not getting beat will feel like a victory, but I fear for us in this one. 

On 18/02/2024 at 19:10, Rob1885 said:

Thistle will scud us.

On 20/02/2024 at 12:35, The Toun Clock said:

Do we have to do this?

On 20/02/2024 at 13:04, timbermill tactician said:

I'll be watching this from behind my couch. I fear for us if we lose an early goal.

I'll go 3-0 thistle.

Hopefully the team prove me wrong.

I'll take 0-0 all day long .

On 22/02/2024 at 11:56, Stellaboz said:

No pen GIF, no leaking names. No hope. 

On 22/02/2024 at 12:10, Home Truths said:

A struggling Dunfermline come to town. You'd have to fancy the Jags, unfortunately..

On 22/02/2024 at 12:28, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not even going to watch this on TV, that's how bad it is. Probably. Ach, who am I kidding? I'll have it on in the background. 4-0 Thistle. 

Haha, we sure showed you!  Never overestimate Partick Thistle!

I'm still angry over Graham’s disallowed equaliser, but I really don't want to be. 

It detracts from the fundamental flaw in our team. We simply can't defend. 

We gave Inverness three goals last weekend, Livingston three the game before that . And we gave Dunfermline three goals last night. 

How often does a team win a football match when chucking three in the net? 

The division's leading scorer. Loads of good attacking options but a defence that simply can't stop leaking cheap goals. 

Can't really see how it can be addressed before the summer. 

3 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Haha, we sure showed you!  Never overestimate Partick Thistle!

To be fair this one was “never underestimate the ineptitude of the SFA”, either of those goals are given and Thistle probably win that game. However they weren’t and that’s football (I’d certainly take it over VAR). Disappointing for Jags fans gutting for Arbroath and Inverness and lucky for the Dunfermline fans. Shite advert for our refereeing but it was at least an entertaining game to watch for neutrals.  Hope your Gaffer has that back line back in training first thing as they were really poor at the back.

2 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

And we gave Dunfermline three goals last night. 

I see it as we took three of the chances created and converted them …. for a change. Pars showed a fighting spirit we’ve not seen for many weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I see it as we took three of the chances created and converted them …. for a change. Pars showed a fighting spirit we’ve not seen for many weeks. 

The two views are equally true. Can't deny the poor defending that presented the chances that were taken. 

If I were a Thistle fan I would be absolutely raging this morning. To be completely done-over by two horrific decisions is a kick in the nuts.

Scumfermline were actually playing some good stuff towards the end, but that may have been Thistle giving up due to the officiating. The win was 100% undeserved, but they have had some bad luck this season. This may have just been the footballing gods evening some things out.

I would absolutely love to be in the room when the ref and linesmen watch that performance back! I don't think they would be able to justify much in that game.

I suppose the biggest positive though, is that gap between us Thistle and Rovers not getting smaller.

From the John Lambie stand McMillan looked well onside when setting up BBG for the first goal. How did it look on TV?

Same linesman got it right for Dunfermline's second when everyone thought he was miles off.

Still struggle to play a consistent 90 minutes 

I reckon nearly all us Jags fans can’t be annoyed at last night, the Pars deserved winners.

I really want to be annoyed at the ref and blame him for us losing that game, but I can’t. The horrific officiating just papers over the cracks in our team that just haven’t been addressed all season. 

Like has been said by others, the amount of goals we have scored against us is ridiculous. Certainly not form for a team looking to gain promotion. It’s all well and good to say we’ll just need to scored 4 if the opposition scores 3… but we seem to concede 3 every week! In particular, the ‘defending’ from Muirhead for Todd’s goal was amateur hour, playing offside that high up is unreal. Take nothing away from the touch and finish though, it was really well taken. 

And our goalkeeping situation is just… ooft. Not sure what the chat is with Mitchell but he’s better than Sneddon imo, and 100% better than Stewart. 

2 minutes ago, 9queens said:

From the John Lambie stand McMillan looked well onside when setting up BBG for the first goal. How did it look on TV?

Same linesman got it right for Dunfermline's second when everyone thought he was miles off.

Still struggle to play a consistent 90 minutes 

If you go back through this thread some thought it was, some thought it was off, seemed about a 50/50 split. 

Either way it was tight, one of those where I don't think you can criticise the linesman tbh. If he'd given if you'd have people looking at it saying it looks off. 

Your other disallowed goal is a different story, that was the wrong decision (much like the Robinson yellow), but the first one is so tight I'd loathe to criticise the officials tbh. 

The referee Munro was the count who did not stop the game when Dundee striker Mellon was knocked unconscious against St Johnstone 2 weeks ago-elbowed in the back of the head, dropped like a sone, club doctor ran onto pitch while Munro waved play on.Treated on pitch with oxygen.

The ineptitude in the SCottosh referees is incredible.

At least he did not give the doctor a yellow card for running onto the pitch.