Rangers v Motherwell: Sat 3pm

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If anything it is a foul by McCausland. Catches big Dan halfway up his leg.

The narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

If you take the screenshot from a second before, where Casey has followed through on the ball with his foot open, studs up and kicking McAusland’s ankle, it’ll look more like a red? 
Still images don’t tell you much, though even in this one you can see Casey’s overextended and slipped on his standing foot, because he’s not in control. 

Given the standard of refereeing on display, even if the ref’d been told to go look at the monitor there’s no guarantee Casey would have got more than a warning, but that it wasn't judged worthy of a second look is pretty shite. 

Honestly? f**k all wrong with it, just an honest full blooded challenge and willing to take anything in his path. McAusland shite's it, if he'd attacked it himself he wouldn't have come out of it so badly. If that was Lundstram there'd have been 50,000 folk cheering him and claiming there was nothing in it.

VAR are normally creaming themselves to give decisions to Rangers and Celtic, particularly on there own patch. It's not that it didn't merit a 2nd look, it will have been looked at in the VAR room and the decision made that there was f**k all to greet about.

11 minutes ago, Orbix said:

If you take the screenshot from a second before, where Casey has followed through on the ball with his foot open, studs up and kicking McAusland’s ankle, it’ll look more like a red? 
Still images don’t tell you much, though even in this one you can see Casey’s overextended and slipped on his standing foot, because he’s not in control. 

Given the standard of refereeing on display, even if the ref’d been told to go look at the monitor there’s no guarantee Casey would have got more than a warning, but that it wasn't judged worthy of a second look is pretty shite. 

cry baby GIF

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Am I reading correctly that people are blaming Butland for the second goal? Wild take considering Tavernier left his man at the back post for a free header from a couple yards out.

I’m working on the basis it’s just Jinky likely being precious about my criticisms of Joe Hart.

Just now, AJF said:

I’m working on the basis it’s just Jinky likely being precious about my criticisms of Joe Hart.

Didn't realise it was just Jinky, it will definitely be due to the fact that everyone has been pointing out how shite Joe Hart is.

Two stupid goals to lose, both were easily avoidable.  Again plenty of chances created but one of those games where you know it just wasn't going in the net, for the amount of chances that we create we don't half squander them.

If Shizzle is timing this I'd better get a move on, Mother well were never going to do a Hearts and play nicely. A huge 3 points for them. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Two stupid goals to lose, both were easily avoidable.  Again plenty of chances created but one of those games where you know it just wasn't going in the net, for the amount of chances that we create we don't half squander them.

If Shizzle is timing this I'd better get a move on, Mother well were never going to do a Hearts and play nicely. A huge 3 points for them. 

Rangers are shit. Celtic will win 3-0 tomorrow (they are also shit). Celtic will walk the diddy league.

Surprised to see a particular Celtic fan being a total cock with @AJF.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Rangers are shit. Celtic will win 3-0 tomorrow (they are also shit). Celtic will walk the diddy league.

celtic have stronger squad tbf and I think they'll pull ahead now.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

McCausland goes off holding his right shin which is his contact point from his shitebag tackle.

As I said, the narrative. 

1 minute ago, Stevie Kirk said:

cry baby GIF

Imagine being unhappy at seeing a promising youngster join an extensive injury list, what a spoilt fan I am. 

7 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Honestly? f**k all wrong with it, just an honest full blooded challenge and willing to take anything in his path. McAusland shite's it, if he'd attacked it himself he wouldn't have come out of it so badly. If that was Lundstram there'd have been 50,000 folk cheering him and claiming there was nothing in it.

VAR are normally creaming themselves to give decisions to Rangers and Celtic, particularly on their own patch. It's not that it didn't merit a 2nd look, it will have been looked at in the VAR room and the decision made that there was f**k all to greet about.

I’m aware the VAR room didn’t decide to recommend a review because my criticism is of the VAR room? They haven’t proven to be the brain trust everyone hoped, we saw that this week in the Killie game and the Mayo penalty that wasn’t. 

Don’t think there’s much wrong with McAusland pulling out after he realises he’s not making the 50:50 either given it’s probably how he’s been coached, and he’ll have been coached that way because ‘take the ball, man, crowd, whoever’ / ‘Brexit tackles’ haven’t been kosher for years now. 

Shite. 

Motherwell thoroughly had us worked out. Think both OF teams will drop points a few times yet still so I'm not really getting worked up. 

Really missing Cantwell. 

I’m maybe in the minority here but for me McCausland is so over rated and in so many games he contributes very little.

I think he pulled out that tackle today! 

Let’s hope Hearts can do us a favour tomorrow!

Just seen the highlights, how far Bair has come on is unreal that was a sweet strike against the post with a few bodies around him. Also great running from him again and lots of Energy. Casey took his header brilliantly.

Angles are bad for the penalty makes it hard to tell imo. Could’ve easily not been given it looks on the softer side with 3 bodies it’s hard to see where SOD’s foot is. 

Kelly was unreal today and he deserves a bit of form for the stick he has gotten all season. 

The Casey challenge is brilliant and as others have said McAusland’s indecision has led to him getting hurt there. He should’ve committed to a tackle too or kept his leg away. 

Casey doesn’t kick McAusland, his knee makes contact because the young boy has dangled a leg in front of him.

I see that Casey got booked, was it for this incident?

35 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Don’t think there’s much wrong with McAusland pulling out after he realises he’s not making the 50:50 either given it’s probably how he’s been coached, and he’ll have been coached that way because ‘take the ball, man, crowd, whoever’ / ‘Brexit tackles’ haven’t been kosher for years now. 

Whilst there is merit in what you are saying one of the first things all young aspiring footballers are taught is not to shite out of tackles like this as you are more likely to hurt yourself than than the other player.

Edited by Jinky67