Will Warnock "Hibs it"?

Will Warnock emulate Butcher and take his side from mid table to play-offs, to out of the league...  

214 members have voted

1. 1. You have until Aberdeen's next league game to make your decision...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/24 at 19:45

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think it’ll happen but Neil Warnock getting Aberdeen relegated would be one of the funniest non Rangers liquidation moments in Scottish football history.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Certainly up there with Oldco’s death, and Hearts easily securing the title at Dens Park that time.

1. Rangers liquidation and Newco's time in the lower leagues.

2. Hearts relegation with 8 games to go.

Those are the current top 2 most entertaining and funny events on here.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We’ll leave it there as I’m not sure I follow you at all 

You must be at it then. I’m not asking you to agree, but surely you can follow my argument. Aberdeen and indeed Hibs, no matter your big stadiums, bigger budgets, bigger supports, hypothetically higher ‘ceilings’ and traditions of being bigger clubs than the likes of St Mirren & Co, are showing fcuk-all signs of any of that mattering each and every weekend.

In your squads, their results, the competence of your BoDs and managers.

Nothing. Going away to Dundee or Livingston is tougher than facing Aberdeen or Hibs. 3-0 and 2-1 Saints. No matter your hypothetical ceiling, I see no evidence that you’ll be anything other than a soft-as-shite crisis club again next season.

You and the hapless Hibees.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You must be at it then. I’m not asking you to agree, but surely you can follow my argument. Aberdeen and indeed Hibs, no matter your big stadiums, bigger budgets, bigger supports, hypothetically higher ‘ceilings’ and traditions of being bigger clubs than the likes of St Mirren & Co, are showing fcuk-all signs of any of that mattering each and every weekend.

Nothing. Going away to Dundee or Livingston is tougher than facing Aberdeen or Hibs. 3-0 and 2-1 Saints. No matter your hypothetical ceiling, I see no evidence that you’ll be anything other than a soft-as-shite crisis club again next season.

:lol: Ok so currently we’re poorly run so that’s that for pozbaird. 

Again, let’s leave it at that. 

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Saying that st Mirren can finish top 6 or that anyone can beat anyone on their day doesn’t really prove your point though, does it? 

If you don’t believe a well run Aberdeen has a higher ceiling than st Mirren then I’m not sure what to say to be honest. Fact is we’re currently run appallingly and, like hearts and hibs, we can find ourselves in serious bother when we do, which is where we are. Thats a great strength of our league and wouldn’t have it any other way. But to say we’re all just a 10 team lottery isn’t right. 

No-one is saying it's a lottery - but the relative gaps between the teams is not that great.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No-one is saying it's a lottery - but the relative gaps between the teams is not that great.

Right so pretty much what I said. There’s significant overlaps between our floors and ceilings as clubs, which imo is a great thing in our league. Your man then continued to argue for his 10 team lottery. 

I've seen Aberdeen twice in recent months (once under Robson and once under Warnock) and all I can suggest is that if Miovski gets injured they're phuqed. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Almost as funny, but not quite, as the administration and eventual liquidation and death of Rangers Football Club

#sevcosundays

Up there tbf, we also have TB4 Killie being taught how to play fitba by a bunch of taffs. 

I've booked a hotel room in Belgrade ffs...

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

What a fucking seething mess some St Mirren fans are.

Aberdeen have got Dens, Fir Park and Almondvale in their next 4 fixtures (along with what could be a 6 pointer against County at home) - if they don't take much from meat and potatoes games like that, I would start to think it likely that they could be in the playoffs, as post split won't be easy for them.

Still think they'll have enough, mind.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've seen Aberdeen twice in recent months (once under Robson and once under Warnock) and all I can suggest is that if Miovski gets injured they're phuqed. 

His body language yesterday didn't seem great in all honesty and he didn't seem like the Miovski of earlier in the season. The most notable thing he did was clatter Hemming stupidly late. Not sure if it was a one off but it didn't look great.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Let’s not forget that Hibs have spent roughly a third of their time in the lower leagues*.

Hide contents

*if you only count the last 10 years.

United have spent 50% of their time in the lower league over the last 10 years.  The worse record of the recently published “top 10 clubs in Scotland”

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

United have spent 50% of their time in the lower league over the last 10 years.  The worse record of the recently published “top 10 clubs in Scotland”

Dundee United have spent well over 40% of their league career in the lower leagues