Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

What's the best place to go post match for something to eat, ideally would have the football on aswell. 

Abbotshall is a good shout. Been for breakfast and lunch since it opened back up and was impressed with food and value for money. There was plenty of tvs round the bar which I assume will be for showing football.

Absolutely must win.  Not a chance Utd piss away points to that Arbroath side the way that we have.

Don't have any real confidence after Friday though, the way we imploded was quite remarkable.

Easy Raith win. We looked dead on our feet at times tonight and so many of our better players were either out of form or feeling the effects of Friday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday. Benedictus might be back, Kane might be back, Ritchie-Hosler might start, but there isn't much from a Pars perspective to be positive about for Saturday. So your social media guy can get the crayons sharpened and you can all relax. 

If Kane isn't back, then I struggle to see us getting anything. Mad how toothless we look up front without him.

Now that we have more options, I think McPake needs to rotate a bit. McCann is 100% needing dropped, and Summers should not be starting either. Paul Allan has had his best games for us the past few games, and has a good delivery from set pieces, so would be harsh to drop him. If Kane is fit, I'd be tempted to have him up front with KRH and Moffat as the wide options. Midfield of Todd, Otto, and Allan. Defence just the usual with what we've seen, but maybe McPake would be tempted to throw Bene in given his experience? 

I was quite looking forward to this after the last couple of games, but tonight has put a wee dampener on it. We played okay tonight but missed Chris Kake and didn’t take our chances.

McPake’s post-match sounds like Kane was feeling fatigue after playing a lot in a short space of time hence why he missed out. He also said Bene was close to playing tonight but he had loyalty towards Hammy and Fagan-Walcott after two clean sheets in a row. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Bene start on Saturday with Hammy back in the middle of the park.

Fairly simple, if Chris Kane plays then I think we could get a result. If he doesn’t then I might stay in the house.

Raith will have the luxury of rest, we’ve now played twice on a heavy pitch since they lost to Arbroath on Friday.

Bought a ticket for this the other day, always fancied a Fife derby in person. Hope Kane and Benedictus are fit to make this a proper game, though equally I'm obviously partial to Raith getting more points this season.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bought a ticket for this the other day, always fancied a Fife derby in person. Hope Kane and Benedictus are fit to make this a proper game, though equally I'm obviously partial to Raith getting more points this season.

Which end you in?

It's a real sign of how both sets of fans feel that there's only 3 pages on this tread so far.  Thankfully, the apathy isn't reflected in the home ticket sales.  Away sales a little below what I'd expect but that's understandable (and I still expect a good travelling support as usual).

As for the game, I'm hopeful that we'll see a reaction from the players after that shambles at Gayfield.

No doubt IM will ring the changes again with Stanton and Brown both likely coming back into the starting lineup.

Hopefully Watson is 100% for this but, if not I wouldn't risk him.  He's far too important for the rest of the season.  I'd like to see Corr in there if Watson doesn't make it but suspect it'll be Brown.

I expect Rudden to keep up his decent form and give the Pars defence a torrid time.  Hopeful that he comes out on top in the big bald loan striker battle.

The eternal optimist in me is going to go for Rovers to finally win a league game by more than a goal this week.  Probably no clean sheet though so will go for 3-1.

That Airdrie result will have knocked a few people off from going, bit of apathy and those ticket prices are stinking. 

I committed to going a few weeks ago or I'd swerve it. 

14 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That Airdrie result will have knocked a few people off from going, bit of apathy and those ticket prices are stinking

Can't argue with that.

12 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

those ticket prices are stinking. 

Not sure of the big issue with ticket prices - an adult taking an under 12 to this game will save a fiver compared with the New Year game at East End.

Personally, I don't agree with increasing prices for certain games - it gives the opposition a sense of importance, but the fact we've filled so much of the ground in the games against Dunfermline and Dundee United suggests that the pricing isn't far off the mark.

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

Not sure of the big issue with ticket prices - an adult .

£24 is an absolutely stinking price at this level. The majority of Pars fans I know haven't got kids under 12, or certainly wouldn't be taking them to Starks Park on Saturday so there'll be no hint of a saving, just an outrageous ticket price. 

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Not sure of the big issue with ticket prices - an adult taking an under 12 to this game will save a fiver compared with the New Year game at East End.

Personally, I don't agree with increasing prices for certain games - it gives the opposition a sense of importance, but the fact we've filled so much of the ground in the games against Dunfermline and Dundee United suggests that the pricing isn't far off the mark.

Don’t get the upset about the prices either. 

£2 cheaper for me and my 14yr old to get into Starks than East End. 

It’s £3 more expensive for a single adult. Just don’t buy a pie if it bothers you that much. 

Raith fans I'm sure will enjoy this.  Pars fans I hope you can see the funny side.  Good to FINALLY beat you!  1 in 7 now in the last 2 seasons at least.  

I still think you'll avoid the relegation battle.  Hit the target with those early chances & you'd have trounced us! 

Enjoy the derby! ♦️

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

£2 cheaper for me and my 14yr old to get into Starks than East End. 

It’s £3 more expensive for a single adult. Just don’t buy a pie if it bothers you that much. 

Can we even buy a pie in starks for £3 these days? Prices are ridiculous, the qeues even more so considering. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Because £24 is an absolutely shocking price for a Scottish championship game, hth. 

The justification that because the Dundee Utd and Fife Derby attendances have been good, which means the pricing is fair is also absolutely garbage. Raith are having a once in a ten/fifteen year season, the last time they challenged (and so did Dunfermline tbf) for promotion to the top tier was 13 years ago, the last time before that was in the 90s I presume. For the games against Dundee United where they are legitimately going for the title and the next game of a similar ilk might be 15 years away of course your £24 feels like it's worth it. For the Fife Derby title decider in 2011 I would've paid triple to be there, that wouldn't have made the price fair and reasonable. Raith are getting these good attendances because they're having a great season, on the flip side when you had poor attendances last year it wasn't due to the admission fees, it's because it was a very average season. 

People won't just not buy a pie, they'll just not turn up. 

Edited by HoBNob