Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

Can imagine The Estuary on Links Street will either be rubbing their hands at some additional coinage on Saturday or boarding up the windows instead. 

The last time I was in the Abbey Shaun Dennis pured me a pint.

As I exited said establishment Mr Dennis had some local ned on the floor outside until the Constabulary arrived to defuse the community tensions. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

The last time I was in the Abbey Shaun Dennis pured me a pint.

As I exited said establishment Mr Dennis had some local ned on the floor outside until the Constabulary arrived to defuse the community tensions. 

I'm surprised there was any need to involve the polis. Shaun would sort out bother better than they ever could.

19 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm surprised there was any need to involve the polis. Shaun would sort out bother better than they ever could.

I think the polis arrived to save the ned from Shaun. 

Ticket purchased. Driving to this one so no pre-match beers which may not be a good thing if we end up getting a scudding but at least I'll be able to make a quick getaway if that's the case. The last and only time I attended a derby sober at Starks it was a comfortable two nil win for the Pars, New Year 2017 I think, would bite Val McDermid's pants off for the same result.

Hope the away tickets pick up a bit more, I'm sure they will but won't be anywhere near a sell out in the away end but it won't be bad come Saturday afternoon.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He resigned, the new person hasn't yet been appointed.

Ah is there like a general enquiries mail account?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4916355/alex-jakubiak-dunfermline-fc-raith-rovers-childish/ (behind a paywall, so open in Incognito Mode)

Two things to take from this...

1. Our social media seems to have infiltrated the Dunfermline dressing room. I'd say that is a win for the social media team.

2. Jakubiak: 'I'm sure we'd be more respectful'. Erm... no you wouldny. DAFC are the team whose very own Sammy The Tammy was investigated by the police! (https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/13511435.fife-police-to-take-no-action-against-sammy-the-tammy/)

No matter the league at the end of the season, I'm in little doubt who has won the socials!

13 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4916355/alex-jakubiak-dunfermline-fc-raith-rovers-childish/ (behind a paywall, so open in Incognito Mode)

Two things to take from this...

1. Our social media seems to have infiltrated the Dunfermline dressing room. I'd say that is a win for the social media team.

2. Jakubiak: 'I'm sure we'd be more respectful'. Erm... no you wouldny. DAFC are the team whose very own Sammy The Tammy was investigated by the police! (https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/13511435.fife-police-to-take-no-action-against-sammy-the-tammy/)

No matter the league at the end of the season, I'm in little doubt who has won the socials!

Sammy the Tammy was "investigated" by the police because some Raith fans took great offence to a man dressed in a bear outfit pretending to fire at them in a cardboard tank, hth. 

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Sammy the Tammy was "investigated" by the police because some Raith fans took great offence to a man dressed in a bear outfit pretending to fire at them in a cardboard tank, hth. 

Hit a nerve there... didn't I!

My point was not around anything other than the fact one of your team stated you would be more respectful, when there is evidence you have not been in the past.

(P.S. It was also your local MP that took offence... who worked greatly with DAFC.)

I think some of the posts have been funny, and I think after games between the two clubs there's an element of "fair enough" about social media posts. 

The ones that mention us when we're not playing are a bit tin-pot IMO. Why even mention Dunfermline when you've just beaten Dundee Utd or you've just went top of the league or whatever? Seems a bit needy, and just reinforces the idea that Raith need us a lot more than we need them. All IMO of course. 

FWIW, I think the only time our social media team have done anything particularly childish or a bit tin-pot was when they posted a clip of Miles Hippolyte doing an outrageous dive/forward roll in the box which led to Falkirk getting a penalty - think we published before the midnight embargo and also posted something like "penalty? 🤔

No surprise either I guess that I didn't find Sammy and his cardboard tank "disrespectful" - football is well known for war analogies "it'll be a battle out there", "we expect an aerial bombardment", "he's the kind of guy you want in the trenches beside you" and 2 teams going head to head in what was essentially a title decider was always going to be described in such terms. Don't think there would have been any Raith complaints had Hardie not scored in the second half and Rovers held on to their half time lead. 

1 minute ago, chris1883 said:

Hit a nerve there... didn't I!

My point was not around anything other than the fact one of your team stated you would be more respectful, when there is evidence you have not been in the past.

(P.S. It was also your local MP that took offence... who worked greatly with DAFC.)

Nope, you didn't.

And nope, he was condemned by the MP but it was a Raith Rovers fan crying in the paper, saying that Sammy the Tammy elicited memory's of a tour in Afghanistan, all absolutely hilarious material in the days following that game. 

There were some people that tried to draw similarities between Sammy and Neil Lennon getting bullets in the post. 

The amount of dribbling simpletons there are is bad enough without another one popping up on here in the form of Chris.

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Nope, you didn't.

And nope, he was condemned by the MP but it was a Raith Rovers fan crying in the paper, saying that Sammy the Tammy elicited memory's of a tour in Afghanistan, all absolutely hilarious material in the days following that game. 

This. 
It was petulance of the highest order and nothing else. 

Edited by Wacky

I absolutely love how posting a story of how our social media has got to the Dunfermline players, and there claims that DAFC are more respectful has the 'fermline fans wetting themselves to justify Sammy and his Tank again. 

It was literally just an example of how you are no more respectful than our socials have been. Calm down people!