Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If I was affiliated to Dunfermline, I'd be doing everything possible to avoid talking about the football too, to be fair. 

We don’t have to. The Rovers fans have got it all covered on our behalf. 

12 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Amusing to see both McPake and that striker who never scores in the courier moaning about how rattled they get by our social media posts. 

According to McPake the only time players, staff and fans should be celebrating a win is if it clinches promotion or it's a cup final. What an absolute fanny. Cant wait to see the rage on his coupon tomorrow as he dissapears down the tunnel after yet another defeat. 

I think the Courier is probably more obsessed with our social media than the Pars players or staff tbh

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's always been "we don't even hate you" as far as I've heard it, from the mid 2000s up til about 4 or 5 years ago when the young guys started a singing section in the North Stand when a few started the other version. Maybe I'm wrong and it started earlier than that, but "we don't even hate you" makes so much more sense.

There’s clear video evidence on page 6 of pars fans belting out the sweary version in 2010….

You’re right the other version makes more sense but it’s quite amusing how many Pars fans are adamant it’s the pre-watershed version when I don’t think a single Rovers fan can recall hearing that 😂

Not really important though, it’s a good rivalry and I’m looking forward to a good atmosphere tomorrow whether you fucking hate us or don’t even hate us. 

Edited by stevoraith

40 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Amusing to see both McPake and that striker who never scores in the courier moaning about how rattled they get by our social media posts. 

According to McPake the only time players, staff and fans should be celebrating a win is if it clinches promotion or it's a cup final. What an absolute fanny. 

Aye, they'll definitely have brought it up, and not just answered a question put to them by a journalist. 

He doesn't say that either? 

"For what I’ve seen of the Raith stuff, if it gets them traction and gets them publicity then great for the football club.

“I would just be pretty careful because this game’s got a horrible way of kicking you."

"the best time to do it is if you’ve won the league or got promoted through the play-offs, which I know is very tough to do because I’ve done it.

“Then, it’s great fun, for everybody involved.

“I think if it was me I would be waiting until we had achieved something.”

He's not saying fans shouldn't celebrate? He's still talking about the social media stuff and saying he'd wait to give it big licks until after you've won the title. Hardly ground breaking stuff. 

Edited by HoBNob

One chant I never EVER want to hear again, and yes I sang it myself back in the day -

I'd rather be a P**i than a par, 40 odd years ago, even back then it was disgusting. Also no Norrie songs whatsoever, although to be fair they have been binned for the past few games.

Edited by keyser_soze

15 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

One chant I never EVER want to hear again, and yes I sang it myself back in the day -

I'd rather be a P**i than a par, 40 odd years ago, even back then it was disgusting. Also no Norrie songs whatsoever, although to be fair they have been binned for the past few games.

Binned during the new year game maybe but heard walking back along halbeath road after 

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

Binned during the new year game maybe but heard walking back along halbeath road after 

Not good banter, very fucking poor effort

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Racist ranting diatribe and mocking the dead is bottom level sub-human fuckin shite. 

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, they'll definitely have brought it up, and not just answered a question put to them by a journalist. 

"For what I’ve seen of the Raith stuff, if it gets them traction and gets them publicity then great for the football club.

“I would just be pretty careful because this game’s got a horrible way of kicking you."

"the best time to do it is if you’ve won the league or got promoted through the play-offs, which I know is very tough to do because I’ve done it.

He's not saying fans shouldn't celebrate? He's still talking about the social media stuff and saying he'd wait to give it big licks until after you've won the title. Hardly ground breaking stuff. 

Aye of course they were asked about it. Professional responce would be to say 'I've no interest in what their social media says' or 'we'll do or talking on the pitch'. Giving the journo a multi paragraph answer greeting about why we shouldnt be posting such things on our socials just makes them look absolutely rattled. I would be embarrassed if it was other way round.

He was utterly raging that we had the cheek to celebrate a last minute winner last time at Starks.

Of course McPake wont be giving it big licks and will just respectfully make his way down the tunnel if he pops his Fife Derby cherry tomorrow (aye right).

Changed his tune from last season it seems when he was defending wild celebrations after his team won a league 1 game in November 

"The players will feel good, the fans will feel good standing in front of that. I’ll apologise to nobody for that – albeit, it’s November"

Edited by RR #1

Raith have owned the Pars so far this season. However, have a feeling Dunfermline will come away from this game with a point in a hard fought game.

Prediction: 2-2

25 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Aye of course they were asked about it. Professional responce would be to say 'I've no interest in what their social media says' or 'we'll do or talking on the pitch'. Giving the journo a multi paragraph answer greeting about why we shouldnt be posting such things on our socials just makes them look absolutely rattled. I would be embarrassed if it was other way round.

He was utterly raging that we had the cheek to celebrate a last minute winner last time at Starks.

Of course McPake wont be giving it big licks and will just respectfully make his way down the tunnel if he pops his Fife Derby cherry tomorrow (aye right).

Changed his tune from last season it seems when he was defending wild celebrations after his team won a league 1 game in November 

"The players will feel good, the fans will feel good standing in front of that. I’ll apologise to nobody for that – albeit, it’s November"

You're coming across far more raging tbh. 

46 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Wild that you've gone back almost 18 months to find this fairly innocuous quote. Are you ok? 

12 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I hadn’t seen the article, so assumed it was worse than this. So he was asked a question about it, said he thought it was great for their club but they should be careful because these things can come back to bite them.

Quite a few Rovers fans on this thread have said exactly the same thing. Are they considered to be raging/rattled as well?

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I hadn’t seen the article, so assumed it was worse than this. So he was asked a question about it, said he thought it was great for their club but they should be careful because these things can come back to bite them.

Quite a few Rovers fans on this thread have said exactly the same thing. Are they considered to be raging/rattled as well?

Reporter: What do you think about the Rover's social media?"
The correct answer from ANY manager or player: "We don't pay any attention to that. We concentrate on the football match."

Actual pars striker: "I read it and feel it's childish"
Actual pars manager: "I've seen it.... It is a bit of banter, but it wouldn’t be what we would do"

Why are they just saying nothing at all? I'd say it has affected them.