Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

Looking forward to hearing those old derby favourites “If you don’t even hate the Athletic, clap your hands” and “Stand up if you don’t even hate the Pars”

Edited by Enigma

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

With regards to the song, I remember it first being sang in roughly 2009. To be fair we'd had a lot of time apart then as we'd been mainly in the Premiership, so perhaps it was sang before that however I would only have been 17 in 2009 so I almost certainly was a child the last time the clubs met on league business which I think would have been 1999/2000?

The words I've always heard and joined in are "we f*cking hate you", however it makes no sense whatsoever, as many have pointed out over the years. The words should be "we don't even hate you, you're just a wee team" but there's no doubt "we fu*king hate you" is what people do end up singing. 

Thank goodness TTC. The last 24 hours have been lonely 😂

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Rumours elsewhere that Kane is out for the foreseeable. 2-0 Rovers. Glad I'm not going.

Just read that on dotnet. I wasn’t very confident of a point today let alone 3, but now I fear for us. 

48 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Looking forward to hearing those old derby favourites “If you don’t even hate the Athletic, clap your hands” and “Stand up if you don’t even hate the Pars”

"We fucking love you, you're such a big team"

57 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Rumours elsewhere that Kane is out for the foreseeable. 2-0 Rovers. Glad I'm not going.

No surprise with our terrible record of keeping key players fit. 

Honestly can't wait till this season ends. It's been shite. Can't be arsed going to watch us at the moment. So many at the club totally underperformed in their roles and maybe a few folk need to move on because of it.

Edited by Chubbychops

12 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I fear, that if we are in the Championship next year, we”re gonna have real trouble signing CB’s given IM’s treatment of Corr. With Murray signed, we’ll be able to sign another “starter”, and then who would want to sign for us knowing if one of the starters is injured we’ll drop Brown back to CB. Not happy.

Just noticed both McNeil AND Thomson named to the bench. Done to prevent questions as to why Millen is there, or is there a worry about Big Kev’s fitness?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I fear, that if we are in the Championship next year, we”re gonna have real trouble signing CB’s given IM’s treatment of Corr. With Murray signed, we’ll be able to sign another “starter”, and then who would want to sign for us knowing if one of the starters is injured we’ll drop Brown back to CB. Not happy.

Shirley some blame needs to be put on Corr’s inability to prove a better option than a centre mid?

It also won’t impact our ability to sign players one bit - they’ll all back themselves to prove their worth IMO.

Happy with team selection - might have gone Byrne over Matthews personally.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We had Lee Ashcroft turning down other clubs at this level to join us. I'd rather we had used Corr but I don't think that failing to use him will impact things going forwards.

6 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Shirley some blame needs to be put on Corr’s inability to prove a better option than a centre mid?

It also won’t impact our ability to sign players one bit - they’ll all back themselves to prove their worth IMO.

Happy with team selection - might have gone Byrne over Matthews personally.

You don’t “prove” yourself a better option without game appearances, even in limited play…and Corr really hasn’t seen even that.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We had Lee Ashcroft turning down other clubs at this level to join us. I'd rather we had used Corr but I don't think that failing to use him will impact things going forwards.

Granted, but we also had had Watson out for an extended period and Murray with neck questions at that time. I’m just saying I think we’ve hurt our possible recruitment of younger players a bit across the pitch with IM’s steadfast refusal to play the younger blokes.

Certainly it’s a problem when you’re in a title race, but it’s also very short sighted…even if our habit of one goal decisions is a key aspect of that.

Edited to add: Ashcroft is also a completely different animal, a proven top level performer, and one IM had previous sought.

Edited by TxRover

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just noticed both McNeil AND Thomson named to the bench. Done to prevent questions as to why Millen is there, or is there a worry about Big Kev’s fitness?

IM has pretty much stated Millen will not play for us again and will leave at the end of the season. I'm sure Thompson is on the bench because it is better to have someone there rather than an empty seat.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

we”re gonna have real trouble signing CB’s given IM’s treatment of Corr

The problem with Dylan is we all think he hasn't been given a fair chance. I would love to see him have a run in the team... but it is IM that sees him in training. There could be something with him we are not aware of, be it attitude, fitness, skill etc. My view, however, is that I would rather see him given a few games to prove himself in his natural position rather than playing players out of position to fill gaps.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In the 5 months that Watson was out, Corr should have had a run of games. Even if he made mistakes he should have got game time. 

The absolute minimum he should have had was starting the challenge cup semi. Considering how bad the goal we did concede was he couldn’t have done much worse.