Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I reckon challenging for the title has more to do with that tbh. 

It has certainly helped, however I would suggest the boards investment in the team and recruitment strategy (which is funded by the pricing strategy) is also responsible for the improved on field performance.

The crowds were up before our title challenge really materialised this season but certainly the crowds of recent weeks, and hopefully through to the end of the season, have been swelled by the title challenge. However, it's worth noting that we went top of the league at home to Kilmarnock just 2 seasons ago with a 1-0 win just before Christmas. Had that been this season it would've, comfortably, been our lowest home league crowd of the season. 

The increased crowds are more than just a reaction to a team at the top of the league.

11 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Original version from when?

It’s been (quite clearly) “we fucking hate you” since I started going to derbies in ‘92….

They fucking hate us alright..... that will be evident whatever the score tomorrow.

They hate us even more coz the "wee team" fucking own them this season! 

39 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Original version from when?

It’s been (quite clearly) “we fucking hate you” since I started going to derbies in ‘92….

They clearly changed it in 91-92 then. 

4 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I would tend to not take the words too seriously, sang on many times about having the wings of a Sparrow and arse of a Crow. 

4 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I would tend to not take the words too seriously, sang on many times about having the wings of a Sparrow and arse of a Crow. 

My understanding for calling us The Wee Team titlle was that, at the time, we were getting lower attendances than Fife Flyers......nothing to do in comparing RRFC with DAFC!!....but comparing San Starko attendances with Fife Ice Arena!!

On 06/03/2024 at 23:49, grumswall said:

Couldn't be further from the truth. Proud card carrying member of the snp. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

My understanding for calling us The Wee Team titlle was that, at the time, we were getting lower attendances than Fife Flyers......nothing to do in comparing RRFC with DAFC!!....but comparing San Starko attendances with Fife Ice Arena!!

You might be right, I’ve no idea but either or work perfectly well tbh

First time I ever heard "the wee team" as an insult, or the "you're just a wee team" song was well into the 2000s (I'm pretty sure it was Jason Barber who used the phrase "the wee team along the A92" at an open night around those times) - certainly don't remember anything like that when I stood in the cage in the 90s - so I'm surprised to hear people say it's been "we fucking hate you" since the early 90s. It's always been "we don't even hate you" as far as I've heard it, from the mid 2000s up til about 4 or 5 years ago when the young guys started a singing section in the North Stand when a few started the other version. Maybe I'm wrong and it started earlier than that, but "we don't even hate you" makes so much more sense.

Mind you, football fans are idiots. When I lived in Southampton they used to sing "Que Sera, Sera (wash your mouth out son)" and the final line I'd always heard ("Pars are number one") which rhymed with son and gun in the previous lines was supplanted by "and support the Saints" which doesn't rhyme with any other line in the song. Really annoyed me, that did! 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

First time I ever heard "the wee team" as an insult, or the "you're just a wee team" song was well into the 2000s (I'm pretty sure it was Jason Barber who used the phrase "the wee team along the A92" at an open night around those times) - certainly don't remember anything like that when I stood in the cage in the 90s - so I'm surprised to hear people say it's been "we fucking hate you" since the early 90s. It's always been "we don't even hate you" as far as I've heard it, from the mid 2000s up til about 4 or 5 years ago when the young guys started a singing section in the North Stand when a few started the other version. Maybe I'm wrong and it started earlier than that, but "we don't even hate you" makes so much more sense.

Mind you, football fans are idiots. When I lived in Southampton they used to sing "Que Sera, Sera (wash your mouth out son)" and the final line I'd always heard ("Pars are number one") which rhymed with son and gun in the previous lines was supplanted by "and support the Saints" which doesn't rhyme with any other line in the song. Really annoyed me, that did! 

Just to clarify, I’m not saying I heard it in 1994, that’s when I started going to games. So whenever it started after that, I sang it as “we fucking hate you”. Mind you, I’m probably an idiot. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Aye? I've always just taken it as Raith being smaller than Dunfermline tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye first time I'd heard of it was 2009 when we were sharing the league for the first time in a decade. 

19 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

You're going to give me a complex qouting me but saying nothing 

I first heard the “wee team” thing a few years after Hearts fans had been saying the same thing for a few seasons about Hibs. Always suspected that’s where it originated from.

Edited by Enigma

My understanding is that the Pars borrowed it from Hearts and tagged it onto Rovers. Would be nice if a Hearts fan could confirm that they used the phrase when referring to their city rivals.

I do find it amusing, and concerning, that some Dunfermline fans don't know what version of 'you're just a wee team' to sing especially when it's surrounding hating us or not. More faces than the toon clock.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I do find it amusing, and concerning, that some Dunfermline fans don't know what version of 'you're just a wee team' to sing especially when it's surrounding hating us or not. More faces than the toon clock.

City clock. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If you beat us for a 4th time in the league you should probably be allowed to control our media output rest or the season. It's bloody painful to think about yet another loss. 

I don't think you need worry. Pretty sure this is where we turn into Pumpkins.

Amusing to see both McPake and that striker who never scores in the courier moaning about how rattled they get by our social media posts. 

According to McPake the only time players, staff and fans should be celebrating a win is if it clinches promotion or it's a cup final. What an absolute fanny. Cant wait to see the rage on his coupon tomorrow as he dissapears down the tunnel after yet another defeat.