Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

you can bet if we were battling it out with Dundee Utd for the title we probably wouldn't give you a second thought

Because we don’t even hate you, you’re just ………………..

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Mike Mlotkiewicz was really good with the Pars social media stuff when he was at the club. You were definitely ahead of other clubs back then.

100% mate, Mikey is a good mate of mines and he was very switched on and ahead of the time, he still is to be fair just unfortunately not as part of the club.

Aye, the Rovers social media stuff will definitely bite them in the arse at some point, but that's fine, as it's part and parcel of what they're doing. I'd be slightly disappointed in Dunfermline's social media if they didn't have some comeback on standby that they can use if they win. 

5 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Mike Mlotkiewicz was really good with the Pars social media stuff when he was at the club. You were definitely ahead of other clubs back then.

It’s been downhill since he left, unfortunately. Don’t know the circumstances of his departure, but I feel like he’s never really been replaced. Mikey was responsible for the stunning 2017-18 kits as well, I think?

Feel like there’s been a revolving door of media team arrivals/departures since. Didn’t we just bring in the guy that was at Kelty last season? Now we’re apparently bringing in someone else from Stenny. I hope that they find someone who improves our social media output/fan engagement.

Admittedly, I think part of the issue is the interviews we post on social media are done by ParsTV and I don’t think the interviewer actually listens/responds to the player/manager being interviewed, just has a list of questions and rattles through them. I’ve stopped listening to them, to be fair, so this may have improved - but I’d be surprised.

Rovers’ social media this season has been exactly what ours should be imo. Really gets fans engaged and gets interaction/attention from teams across the league/country. 

I’d also add, it’s not just social media. It’s the website too. Articles seem to be written poorly and links don’t take you where they should. For example, where would you expect this “buy ticket” link to take you?

IMG_8053.thumb.jpeg.9b9a045febcedf5d8cb03b60f1673014.jpeg

Spoiler

If you guessed the page to buy tickets for tomorrow, you’d be wrong. It takes you to the page to buy tickets for home games.

Edited by CallumPar

24 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, the Rovers social media stuff will definitely bite them in the arse at some point, but that's fine, as it's part and parcel of what they're doing. I'd be slightly disappointed in Dunfermline's social media if they didn't have some comeback on standby that they can use if they win. 

Well, they’ll certainly be coming after us next season given they’ve got a guy who’s been abusing his position at another club to have digs at the Rovers in charge of their socials.

I detest the new site, it's an absolute visual mess to be honest and geared far too heavily towards selling something. I understand that but we've got to find a balance between pushing products/income stream and fan engagement. 

43 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

It’s been downhill since he left, unfortunately. Don’t know the circumstances of his departure, but I feel like he’s never really been replaced. Mikey was responsible for the stunning 2017-18 kits as well, I think?

Feel like there’s been a revolving door of media team arrivals/departures since. Didn’t we just bring in the guy that was at Kelty last season? Now we’re apparently bringing in someone else from Stenny. I hope that they find someone who improves our social media output/fan engagement.

Admittedly, I think part of the issue is the interviews we post on social media are done by ParsTV and I don’t think the interviewer actually listens/responds to the player/manager being interviewed, just has a list of questions and rattles through them. I’ve stopped listening to them, to be fair, so this may have improved - but I’d be surprised.

Rovers’ social media this season has been exactly what ours should be imo. Really gets fans engaged and gets interaction/attention from teams across the league/country. 

He was the general manager of the club and I think initially he really enjoyed the role but quickly found that it could be a bit of a thankless task. He had so many great ideas but instead was dealing with the day to day running like ordering sparky's and plumbers for maintenance work and piles of paperwork. Also, on match day he was running about making sure people were well looked after and that things ran smoothly, so the thing he loved the most that was watching the Pars was now no longer something he got to enjoy. If the club were in a better position and maybe in the top flight and could afford a proper media team I think he'd be the perfect man to lead that, he works in marketing still and is brilliant at it but unfortunately the time he was able to spend doing those type things were minimal.

Aye the 2017/18 kit was his idea, and a bloody great one at that. I had entered the not buying kit stage at that point so missed out, even though I loved it. Fortunately managed to get a home one from a mate.

I'm not 100% if the boy from Kelty is a volunteer or not, I see him at most games with another guy and they're always recording wee bits here and there. From what I can see, the guy coming in from Stenny is much more hands on with the graphic and all that type stuff. These days clubs need a lot of guys if they want an all singing all dancing media team. Obviously still have Craigy Brown involved too, think his role is now something to do with media as well as the club photographer.

The weekly pre-match/post-match interviews on ParsTV are torture. I actually listened to Ian Murray's one on Raith's Twitter last night, the guy who does the interviews is class and has been all season. Sounds well prepared and leads the interview well. To be fair, I stopped listening to ParsTV interviews when Peter Grant was here, his slavering was enough for me to switch off. Of course when it's something pretty big and he's not working we get Steven Mill from the radio in to do it, who is great but I suppose that's when he's free. I know if we appoint a new manager or a big club announcement he's normally involved in some form.

Agreed, I have no sour grapes over RR's media output. As long as it's just banter, which is what it has been then that's fine. I just hope we've got something up our sleeve in case of a result tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Well, they’ll certainly be coming after us next season given they’ve got a guy who’s been abusing his position at another club to have digs at the Rovers in charge of their socials.

Reckon Enigma is odds on to lose the rag next year under the auspices of "Likes to give it out, doesn't quite like taking it". 

When you think about what a clubs social media should be doing, ie attracting interest and creating discussion points, then the Rovers social media is absolutely nailing it. I am delighted that it appears to have percolated into the minds of the Dunfermline players so much that they are discussing it in the media. 

Will it backfire on Saturday? Possibly, however that doesn't mean we stop doing it. I would encourage others to do so too. It's a large part of what football is all about for me.

As for the game, I would definitely expect a bit of a backlash from Rovers after that shambolic last 30 mins against Arbroath. However Dunfermline have a few players back and have been on reasonable form of late. Expect it to be tight and tense so hopeful we can nick it and big kev can redeem himself a bit with the doubters. He has many critics in the home end and I fear a wee calamity on Saturday could see that turn hostile from some quarters.

As for the ticket price, yes £24 is too expensive looking at Adult prices in isolation. However,  Rovers have clearly targeted providing free entry for under 12s this season and with absolutely huge success it has to be said. There are hundreds of under 12s at every home game and these guys are the future. If this is what the pricing strategy requires to allow for this then I'm all for it.

The fact we are looking at a 2nd home sell out this season and the increase in attendances across the whole of the season would suggest that the board have pretty much got the pricing right.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

He was the general manager of the club and I think initially he really enjoyed the role but quickly found that it could be a bit of a thankless task. He had so many great ideas but instead was dealing with the day to day running like ordering sparky's and plumbers for maintenance work and piles of paperwork. Also, on match day he was running about making sure people were well looked after and that things ran smoothly, so the thing he loved the most that was watching the Pars was now no longer something he got to enjoy. If the club were in a better position and maybe in the top flight and could afford a proper media team I think he'd be the perfect man to lead that, he works in marketing still and is brilliant at it but unfortunately the time he was able to spend doing those type things were minimal.

Aye the 2017/18 kit was his idea, and a bloody great one at that. I had entered the not buying kit stage at that point so missed out, even though I loved it. Fortunately managed to get a home one from a mate.

I'm not 100% if the boy from Kelty is a volunteer or not, I see him at most games with another guy and they're always recording wee bits here and there. From what I can see, the guy coming in from Stenny is much more hands on with the graphic and all that type stuff. These days clubs need a lot of guys if they want an all singing all dancing media team. Obviously still have Craigy Brown involved too, think his role is now something to do with media as well as the club photographer.

The weekly pre-match/post-match interviews on ParsTV are torture. I actually listened to Ian Murray's one on Raith's Twitter last night, the guy who does the interviews is class and has been all season. Sounds well prepared and leads the interview well. To be fair, I stopped listening to ParsTV interviews when Peter Grant was here, his slavering was enough for me to switch off. Of course when it's something pretty big and he's not working we get Steven Mill from the radio in to do it, who is great but I suppose that's when he's free. I know if we appoint a new manager or a big club announcement he's normally involved in some form.

Agreed, I have no sour grapes over RR's media output. As long as it's just banter, which is what it has been then that's fine. I just hope we've got something up our sleeve in case of a result tomorrow.

I honestly feel that we are so lucky, the video's the club put up on our official site are very good and very professional. The Raith TV broadcasts put many others to shame, the content on our official website (particularly on match days) is brilliant and I really enjoy our social media too. We do need to remember that all this is delivered by really dedicated volunteers. And as @The Toun Clock eludes it can become a thankless task and something that can easily be dropped if people aren't getting the support they deserve.

I feel that in this day and age, clubs need a digital presence to help attract new supporters and also to keep existing supporters on-side. I think social media is a massive part in this - but it is hard to get right. It needs to be edgy enough without going over the line. I fully expect to see something on the socials from DAFC if they pull off a result... just as much as I hope that our team have something good too.

If you beat us for a 4th time in the league you should probably be allowed to control our media output rest or the season. It's bloody painful to think about yet another loss. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

If you beat us for a 4th time in the league you should probably be allowed to control our media output rest or the season. It's bloody painful to think about yet another loss. 

At least if that happens they would improve it.

48 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The fact we are looking at a 2nd home sell out this season and the increase in attendances across the whole of the season would suggest that the board have pretty much got the pricing right.

I reckon challenging for the title has more to do with that tbh. 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Because we don’t even hate you, you’re just ………………..

C'mon now, we all know that's not the words. 3:55

32 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I reckon challenging for the title has more to do with that tbh. 

Its definitely part of it, but our attendances were up before we went on any unbeaten run at the start of the season too. There is a refreshed air of optimism at the club and surrounding community that we've not seen in a while. Being a challenger helps of course. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

C'mon now, we all know that's not the words. 3:55

Haters will hate, the original words are “we don’t even hate you …….. “

I really wish the NW fans would go back to the original version, it’s more derogatory IMO. 

8 hours ago, chris1883 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4916355/alex-jakubiak-dunfermline-fc-raith-rovers-childish/ (behind a paywall, so open in Incognito Mode)

Two things to take from this...

1. Our social media seems to have infiltrated the Dunfermline dressing room. I'd say that is a win for the social media team.

2. Jakubiak: 'I'm sure we'd be more respectful'. Erm... no you wouldny. DAFC are the team whose very own Sammy The Tammy was investigated by the police! (https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/13511435.fife-police-to-take-no-action-against-sammy-the-tammy/)

No matter the league at the end of the season, I'm in little doubt who has won the socials!

1. image.gif.32a9dec9f2bc9ccf08b2da475c1ed28b.gif

2. Your link quite literally states “Police to take no action”

And to your summary image.gif.1b2c6253fd55cbeba73e696054594920.gif

Congratulations bud!

53 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Haters will hate, the original words are “we don’t even hate you …….. “

I really wish the NW fans would go back to the original version, it’s more derogatory IMO. 

Original version from when?

It’s been (quite clearly) “we fucking hate you” since I started going to derbies in ‘92….