Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

12 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If I,m an opposing supporter I,d be avoiding potential trouble hotspots of course unless I was looking for trouble

People walking along Pratt Street are now looking for trouble? Bold shout. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Get this thread locked until after the Airdrie game please. We have an important game first and it means less chance of the thread descending into Morton v Falkirk levels of shite posts.

Lock the thread for this important derby, because you have some minor game with Airdrie on Tuesday? Don’t be silly.

Mind and not tire yourselves out on Tuesday.

16 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Probably the most confident since the league cup game I am going into this, however I’ll hold back slightly on commenting on the on the pitch stuff until after Tuesday.

Off the pitch, and I’m aware this will fall on deaf ears but PLEASE PLEASE don’t be c***s, turn up, have a pint or two if you choose, watch the game sing a few songs that don’t exactly need to be perfect for pre-watershed tv but don’t cross any particularly horrible lines and go home.  It’s not difficult 

Totally agree.  However both our teams have the fanny element.  Call themselves "Ultras" despite the fact most of them are still waiting for their baws to drap.  Saw trouble from BOTH sets of fans, and kicked off by one or the other in separate games this season.

Ironically only way to sort them out is to give them a doing but that would just kick it all off.....
Hopefully the game is the game, and there are no afters.

Onto the game, I am the most nervy I have been for a Fife derby this season.
Pars coming on to a game. 

Pars are 'due us one' statistically, and of course because in a few of the games it has been a hell of a lot closer than we like to admit.

Also, and its the main one, we only seem to be able to beat the big teams just now...... ;)

Hoping for a classic, and a Rovers win of course.

Has it been confirmed how long Ashcroft and Watson are out for? Us having genuine options in attack for the first time this season plus a cobbled together Raith defence gives me hope. 

Edited by par-adise

Despite a turn around of sorts in form, I'm not overly confident for Saturday. It currently feels like night and day compared to earlier in season but that's just a sign of how desperate things were. We've picked up a couple of really good wins but it's only been a week or two since toiling against ICT and Arbroath, so this squad is still unpredictable and could quite easily have a howler.

Going for the league and the bragging rights of owning us this season, I fully expect Rovers to have the edge unfortunately. A Pars win would mark an incredible turnaround though and I hope the players give a decent account of themselves. 

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Their defence was meant to be "cobbled together" the past few times we have played them. 

We even gave a guy a debut, in an unheard of (to us) formation. That's how cobbled it was. More cobbled than a cobbled thing.

23 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Has it been confirmed how long Ashcroft and Watson are out for? Us having genuine options in attack for the first time this season plus a cobbled together Raith defence gives me hope. 

Ashcroft was anywhere from a couple of weeks to the whole season. Watson, no idea. I've not even watched any post match stuff from Friday but heard Watson might be ok. Suppose it depends what you class as 'cobbled together', it won' t be a 'players playing alongside one another that haven't already this season' situation. If Watson is out it's stick on Scott Brown will be alongside Euan Murray. We have a player who is a genuine centre back (Corr) that hasn't really had a sniff and If Murray hasn't trusted him against a team bottom of the league who had just been pumped 6-0 he'll not play him in a Fife Derby. However expecting the usual tinkering with the squad so who knows what our starting line up will be like. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Their defence was meant to be "cobbled together" the past few times we have played them. 

We've started over half our league games by changing our back line due to injuries. Watson is the only one of the two likely to make the game but even then it's a big ask. There's not been any update on Ashcroft who looked a lot worse off. 

21 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We even gave a guy a debut, in an unheard of (to us) formation. That's how cobbled it was. More cobbled than a cobbled thing.

Aye, reckon it broke Murray a wee bit though in that he reckoned the 3 at the back formation was the way to go. 

Not worth getting papped out the Scottish for right enough. 

On the game we'll have played twice? Since Raith finished there last game which you can only presume will have an effect, we have more squad options but I'm not sure there's much change in the side barring Bene coming back. There'll be some tired legs. 

Even though we have won the last 4 games against the Pars I'd expect this to be fairly tight, probably very similar to the match back in October. I'll go for a 2-1 Rovers win with a goal after 85 minutes to win it.

Every game we've played in the league has been a tight affair, like every other game we've played this season tbf. Alot will depend on the defence we can put out as well as the players dunfermline have back. I think we should have enough to get the win but it's a derby game and anything can happen. 

26 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What's the best place to go post match for something to eat, ideally would have the football on aswell. 

Nothing really that close to the ground, maybe the Duchess would be a good shout, don't think they do football on the telly though.

33 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What's the best place to go post match for something to eat, ideally would have the football on aswell. 

The Novar is decent, but will probably be mobbed. The Abbotshall, across the road, had recently reopened and is getting good reviews. Less than a ten minute walk from the ground.

The Indian restaurants are all at the far end of the High Street and are unlikely to have football on.

Edited by Specky Ginger

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The Novar is decent, but will probably be mobbed. The Abbotshall, across the road, had recently reopened and is getting good reviews. Less than a ten minute walk from the ground.

The Indian restaurants are all at the far end of the High Street and are unlikely to have football on.

Aye it's definitely more pub like, something akin to the Seven Kings would be fine.