Bartley dead beats v Champions elect.

Wow! Just seen the highlights.

what idiot set up the Queens defence like that?

suicide. Never been more happy I’m 6000 miles away at present and don’t have to suffer this live.

7 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Will be back on the radio I reckon once his queens careers over. 

He already is. 

On Sportsound the other week, he said his football weekend had been good because Arsenal beat Liverpool.  

Meanwhile, we'd lost another home game.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not defending Bartley for a moment here.  The interview consists largely of typically self serving nonsense.  He's possibly the worst manager we've ever had and it's staggering that he's still in the job.

However, the match was much more even until goals arrived, than you're suggesting above. 

We missed good chances of our own in the first half.  

Obviously, the trouble we'd been inviting all evening duly arrived in the last half hour, but when we took the lead, it wasn't especially against the run of play.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not defending Bartley for a moment here.  The interview consists largely of typically self serving nonsense.  He's possibly the worst manager we've ever had and it's staggering that he's still in the job.

However, the match was much more even until goals arrived, than you're suggesting above. 

We missed good chances of our own in the first half.  

Obviously, the trouble we'd been inviting all evening duly arrived in the last half hour, but when we took the lead, it wasn't especially against the run of play.

Sorry but we should have been at the very least two up at half time in which case your woefully pea hearted team would have capitulated earlier than they did and the score could have been really embarrassing.

58 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but we should have been at the very least two up at half time in which case your woefully pea hearted team would have capitulated earlier than they did and the score could have been really embarrassing.

I disagree.

Either side might have been ahead at half-time.  Neither was.

All totally immaterial of course.  Looking at it on telly, it's impossible to tell about the contact for the penalty.  I do suspect that McKechnie's reaction is telling though.  

Contrary to what I thought at the time,the equaliser now looks onside to me.  A clever pass and a well timed run which exploited the ludicrous way we'd decided to set up.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I disagree.

Either side might have been ahead at half-time.  Neither was.

All totally immaterial of course.  Looking at it on telly, it's impossible to tell about the contact for the penalty.  I do suspect that McKechnie's reaction is telling though.  

Contrary to what I thought at the time,the equaliser now looks onside to me.  A clever pass and a well timed run which exploited the ludicrous way we'd decided to set up.

For what it’s worth Queens, there’s a team in there somewhere, and you had a good spell mid game. We were never in trouble and both teams should have scored in the first 45, albeit we should have been a couple in front. Unfortunately you are in a similar situation we faced for a couple of seasons when we tried using “best potential untried first team managers/coaches” which was an absolute disaster. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Behave. This deserved to be about 2-1 to your mob. We also had our chances in a good half hour spell. You were the better team, won and will win the league. Enjoy it and at least be a little gracious. 

Utter nonsense. We dominated the vast majority of the first half, could and should have been 2 or 3 up before that chance Mumbongo fluffed wide just before half time. Big deflection on the shot that beat Long as well. Queens had a good 5/10 minute spell around the time of those two moments, but for 75 minutes that was one way traffic.

In the first two games this season between the sides Queens have been more competitive than their league position suggests, but certainly weren't yesterday 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He already is. 

On Sportsound the other week, he said his football weekend had been good because Arsenal beat Liverpool.  

Meanwhile, we'd lost another home game.

Reminds me of when we had Martin Rennie and Kenny miller in charge, the likes of east fife and Clyde were beating us while Miller was sitting on BT sports every Thursday night when rangers got to the Europa league final. Disgusting 

41 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Utter nonsense. We dominated the vast majority of the first half, could and should have been 2 or 3 up before that chance Mumbongo fluffed wide just before half time. Big deflection on the shot that beat Long as well. Queens had a good 5/10 minute spell around the time of those two moments, but for 75 minutes that was one way traffic.

In the first two games this season between the sides Queens have been more competitive than their league position suggests, but certainly weren't yesterday 

Actually thought last night's performance was the most competitive we've been in the games between us this season, although it did take us a while to get into the game and should have been trailing at half-time. We did at least look like trying to get forward more rather than parking the bus. Thought Todd's goal was heading over the bar but the deflection must have put some spin on it. Disappointing not to have held the lead for longer and once Falkirk made their first subs the game swung completely in their favour and the now inevitable collapse duly transpired. Well deserved win overall imo and fair enough winning margin.

The first half was memorable only for MacIver’s miss.

That it took an hour for Falkirk to make changes, & get their finger out, including offside + pen decisions turning the game in their favour. It was looking like pushing the finishing line, back by a week, to Cove at home!

Two fine finishes, from Henderson & Nesbitt, put a thick sheen of gloss, on edging a game where the score line flattered, when it was extremely close for an hour.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That it took an hour for Falkirk to make changes, & get their finger out, including offside + pen decisions turning the game in their favour. It was looking like pushing the finishing line, back by a week, to Cove at home!

Two fine finishes, from Henderson & Nesbitt, put a thick sheen of gloss, on edging a game where the score line flattered, when it was extremely close for an hour.

Were you there Kiddy or just watching on TV?

Queens had a wee patch where we started to look like a team, but over the piece it was clear which was the fitba team and Falkirk are head and shoulders above anything else in this league and the win was fully deserved.

Yes, Falkirk have better players as you'd expect with their budget but the big difference is the managers.  Over the years I've always liked how McGlynn sets out his teams, he understands the game, he can spot a player and he can see the best positions to suit his player's abilities.  Yes, he's not perfect and is always capable of the odd total mindfart of a moment (don't remind the Rovers fans about the ugly DG fiasco ...) and he's not charismatic and struggles in front of a camera but he's humble and he's completely night and day to Bartley.

34 minutes ago, kiddy said:

You must be the life and soul of the party, enjoy where we are at the moment after where we've been FFS

2 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Behave. This deserved to be about 2-1 to your mob. We also had our chances in a good half hour spell. You were the better team, won and will win the league. Enjoy it and at least be a little gracious. 

It was another canter, I’m afraid. Delusional to think otherwise.

Queens are actually not bad and if they do end up in the playoffs (I don’t actually think they will) should have enough to survive.

Edited by Hughsie

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

You really are a miserable bastert man. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Queens had a wee patch where we started to look like a team, but over the piece it was clear which was the fitba team and Falkirk are head and shoulders above anything else in this league and the win was fully deserved.

Yes, Falkirk have better players as you'd expect with their budget but the big difference is the managers.  Over the years I've always liked how McGlynn sets out his teams, he understands the game, he can spot a player and he can see the best positions to suit his player's abilities.  Yes, he's not perfect and is always capable of the odd total mindfart of a moment (don't remind the Rovers fans about the ugly DG fiasco ...) and he's not charismatic and struggles in front of a camera but he's humble and he's completely night and day to Bartley.

Was sat in the old stand and could hear McGlynn shouting constantly, not a peep from our manager though.