Bartley dead beats v Champions elect.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He already is. 

On Sportsound the other week, he said his football weekend had been good because Arsenal beat Liverpool.  

Meanwhile, we'd lost another home game.

Yet he has said on several occasions that football management is a 24/7 job.

Perhaps this is evidence that Bartley is living in a parallel dimension where there are more than 24 hours in a day which allows him to spend 24 hours managing Queens, an additional 4 hours doing media work, and time to squeeze in some sleep all in the same day.  Other features of this dimension that differ to the one the rest of us live in are that Queens play well against the teams above us, single goal defeats are good results, Mumbongo has the potential to be one of the best strikers in Scotland and Bartley is a good manager who knows what he is doing.

Edited by Slipmat

12 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

You must be the life and soul of the party, enjoy where we are at the moment after where we've been FFS

Some folk just can’t deal with honest opinion & like to surround themselves with sycophantic nonsense.

I’m just surprised nobody’s mentioned unbeaten run? 🙊🤦🏻‍♂️
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

17 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Yet he has said on several occasions that football management is a 24/7 job.

Perhaps this is evidence that Bartley is living in a parallel dimension where there are more than 24 hours in a day which allows him to spend 24 hours managing Queens, an additional 4 hours doing media work, and time to squeeze in some sleep all in the same day.  Other features of this dimension that differ to the one the rest of us live in are that Queens play well against the teams above us, single goal defeats are good results, Mumbongo has the potential to be one of the best strikers in Scotland and Bartley is a good manager who knows what he is doing.

You have to salute his courage, his strength and his indefatigability though, right?

Listened to Bartleys interview this morning what a hoot. If anyone needs cheering up go and have a listen. Better team won yesterday I don't think anyone other then Marv would disagree. QOS are also.much better than their league placing suggests and I can't see them going down. The levels of loyalties towards Marv would put Alloa to shame. Get rid of him and QOS should be challenging for title next season bring in jobby mccall

14 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Absolutely ... but why does Bartley think he'll be sacked? The bloody board have walked out first. There's nobody left to sack him. What ... a ... bloody ... total ... omnishambles ... of a mess ... L2 is a freakin dead certainty.

Bartley's got an excuse, he's totally out of his depth (although he doesn't know it), but our bloody board ... honestly, the timing of their departure announcement beggers bloody belief ... exactly what did they think would transpire?

In a nutshell he is out of his depth but he doesn’t have the self awareness to realise it.

In management speak - unconscious incompetence. The worst of all traits because if you are consciously incompetent you can at least work round your shortcomings and delegate to others or simply find another job that fits your skill set.

26 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Some folk just can’t deal with honest opinion & like to surround themselves with sycophantic nonsense.

I’m just surprised nobody’s mentioned unbeaten run? 🙊🤦🏻‍♂️
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Yip. Unbeaten runs are 10 a penny and not to be celebrated. Tube

Fairly comfortable win in the end not like our recent games against Queens which are usually close affairs. MacIver's header over though 🙈. Deserved win and onto next week. 

At the time, I didn't think the McIvor miss was that glaring.

In fact I couldn't even recall the incident at first when people were mentioning it on here.  I just thought it was too high for him and he couldn't quite get above it.  Are people suggesting it was a comfortable header and he just popped it up and over?

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In fact I couldn't even recall the incident at first when people were mentioning it on here.  I just thought it was too high for him and he couldn't quite get above it.  Are people suggesting it was a comfortable header and he just popped it up and over?

From the terrace it looked an absolute stick on he would score,  about 6 yards out,  glaring open goal, but it seemed to come off the top of his forehead. No excuses about ball too high or bad bounce, just a complete misheader imo.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think he thought he had less time than he had. He could actually have let it drop to the ground to tap it in. 

7 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Behave. This deserved to be about 2-1 to your mob. We also had our chances in a good half hour spell. You were the better team, won and will win the league. Enjoy it and at least be a little gracious. 

If I said we were worth a 2-1 victory it would not be being gracious it would be seriously patronising.

If even one of our early chances had been taken it would have been a rout.

As soon as you went behind your team folded like a wet paper bag.

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

The first half was memorable only for MacIver’s miss.

That it took an hour for Falkirk to make changes, & get their finger out, including offside + pen decisions turning the game in their favour. It was looking like pushing the finishing line, back by a week, to Cove at home!

Two fine finishes, from Henderson & Nesbitt, put a thick sheen of gloss, on edging a game where the score line flattered, when it was extremely close for an hour.

I’ll be generous and assume you are at the wind up.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Looked to me like he jumped far too early for it and so got caught underneath it when the ball actually came to him.

He's one of the best in the air we've ever had but he has those sitters in him.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen arrogance and ill grace like it. Yes well done you won but it was 1-1 till the 64th minute and although you missed numerous chances we missed a couple. We did fold but rubbing it in isn’t a particularly charming trait. Enjoy your championship as your last 4 seasons haven’t been so clever. 

4 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen arrogance and ill grace like it. Yes well done you won but it was 1-1 till the 64th minute and although you missed numerous chances we missed a couple. We did fold but rubbing it in isn’t a particularly charming trait. Enjoy your championship as your last 4 seasons haven’t been so clever. 

Correct but this one is a stormer!

30 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Get it right fucking round you.