🔴🟡Thistle vs Raith Rovers🔵⚪️ - Tuesday 12th March

8 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I've probably been to Firhill about 8 times but this will be the first time taking the car.  Where's the best place to park?

As for the game, this would definitely be one for a BTTS coupon.  Although Thistle's form doesn't look great at the moment I don't think anyone believes they've suddenly become a bad team.  Another tough game but probably one we need to win if we want to stay in the title hunt.

I'm feeling pretty confident we'll get the job done and will come out on top in a 3-2 thriller.

If my maths is correct, a win will also ensure we can't end up in the relegation play-off 😎

Someone has already said it by Murano Street is probably the best shout, I've parked there a few times and its a nice 2 minute walk to the ground.

On 10/03/2024 at 11:00, Specky Ginger said:

Given Partick have a potential six pointer with Morton next Saturday, it would be silly of them to risk any injury doubts against us. In fact it would be sensible to rest Brian Graham on Tuesday as well.

Just saying.

On 10/03/2024 at 11:08, skinny arab said:

Time for Graham to finally atone for his Parkhead miss, put Raith to the sword and all will be forgiven. 

IMG_0032.webp

On 10/03/2024 at 15:46, grumswall said:

Probably owes us more than he does utd seing as we got his injuries sorted which helped kick start his career tbh. 

GHxQKSLXIAADh8h.jpeg.c5bc7a6da588fdcf510f4008c1161988.jpeg

21 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Someone has already said it by Murano Street is probably the best shout, I've parked there a few times and its a nice 2 minute walk to the ground.

Murano Street is pretty long. If you find yourself parked beside the park it’s probably nearer 10 minutes.

Any Rovers win please. Never an easy place to go and with our defence and Brian Graham it’ll be interesting.  We’re not quite in the must win territory just yet but it’s getting close and we really need wins to put the pressure on Dundee Utd. 
no idea how this will go with the exception of BTTS. 

6 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Sounds from Doolan's interview that Williams is out long term, Adeloye away for scan as well and seems that is also as bad as it looked on Saturday. Gives us a decision to be made over whether Neilson stays in midfield and Milne at CB. 

On other hand O'Reilly back for Inverness game at end of month hopefully. 

Feel a bit sorry for Doolan in the sense that he finally shifted things tactically and moved Neilson into midfield for the DU game and it seemed to work, and now due to injuries he’s having to potentially revert back to the previous positions personnel wise. But I think he’s got to move Milne back to LB and Neilson into central defence. It was a bit too much square pegs in round holes for my liking on Saturday. It’s unfortunate that Williams is injured otherwise he could probably justify keeping Neilson again in midfield for this game. If we’re still looking for extra defensive cover in the midfield Stanway might be a decent option to come in alongside McBeth. 

Confident we can score goals as always, but the defensive side of the game (as a team not even just as a back 4) is still nowhere near good enough and feel to get anything from the game we’d need to at least score a few. 

This is another 3 game week and I worry Murray will overthink it again with his selection. It'll be the same back 4 I can't see Watson making it in fact I'd play the same team as Saturday if they are fit enough. I like Hamilton off the bench he is really effective at seeing games out and getting us up the park against tired defenders.

We have become far more reserved lately and the swashbuckling style is only appearing late on in matches. 

I think this will be a draw, which isn't brilliant but not a disaster either. 

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any Rovers win please. Never an easy place to go and with our defence and Brian Graham it’ll be interesting.  We’re not quite in the must win territory just yet but it’s getting close and we really need wins to put the pressure on Dundee Utd. 
no idea how this will go with the exception of BTTS. 

If we aren't we are rapidly getting there. Lose tonight and we are an effective 5 points behind them with 9 to play. That'd leave us needing to match our first quarter total and hope their 4th quarter is like their third quarter.

Pleasantly surprised to just learn this is on the telly tonight, didn't think they were allowed to show live domestic football on champions league nights. 

Aye ‘realistic’ is the word. It’s not a must win technically. But I think it is in reality.

A win for us puts huge pressure on Yinited to win at EEP on Friday, otherwise we will have the chance to go back top with a win at QP. 

All that is irrelevant though if we don’t win tonight. Come on min!!

Looking at the line-ups from the weekend and I think it's fair to say that both sides are significantly stronger in attack than they are in defence. Thistle's front four is as good as any in the division but behind them is there anyone other than McMillan who's really ideally who you'd want in that position? 

I don't think it's particularly insightful or controversial to say that there are goals in this game for the Rovers if they apply themselves properly. The big challenge is going to be repeating Saturday's defensive performance. Even setting aside his supporting cast, Brian Graham is going to pose more of a direct attacking threat with his first touch than Alex Jakubiak did all afternoon. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a repeat of the 4-3 from last time, but it really could go either way. It'll be interesting to see if either manager really embraces that spirit or whether either of them opts to prioritise covering their deficiencies at the back. 

I'd be inclined to start Jack Hamilton tonight, either for Lewis Vaughan or Zak Rudden. 

Aaron Muirhead is having a fairly difficult time of it for Partick in the middle of the defence just now, and I think the big man could have a lot of joy against him. 

Always wary about how much football Vaughan is playing, and as for Rudden, as much as I've been impressed, you can see why he's struggled further up the food chain. There was a moment at the end of the first half on Saturday, where he had to chase his first touch towards the touchline, and his second almost landed in Balwearie High School. Wild. 

As for the game in general, it'll no doubt feature about seven goals and be very silly. 

Murray sets the team up differently away from home these days ie Utd away, Ayr recently and done the same at home on Saturday.

With PT’s attacking threat I see him doing the same again and going defensive and hopefully using Hamilton as the out ball. Really like Rudden and his work ethic but he’s nowhere near Jacks ability to win flick ons and hold the ball up.

Stanton was immense on Saturday, especially in the second half..he could be the difference in the run in. Murray just doesn’t drop Vaughan..think he’s only done it once this season.

For us its just a question of whether we blow a 2 goal lead or start playing once we're 2 down. We cannot defend and we cannot be trusted to control a game for 90 mins.

30 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

For us its just a question of whether we blow a 2 goal lead or start playing once we're 2 down. We cannot defend and we cannot be trusted to control a game for 90 mins.

Welcome to our world. This has been the story of our season. 

Really looking forward to this.

Had an exam in Glasgow this afternoon so now I'm being a laptop w****r in Costa shifting between P&B and being paranoid that someone can see my clients' details on my screen over my shoulder.

Hopefully I enjoy this more than my last 2 visits to Firhill (last season) where the only highlight was the kebab pie.