Alloa v Queens

Delighted to be ahead but I have to say it's clear we're a side with very little confidence. I think a good/competent side would be 3 up here. Alloa giving us a lot of space and time in the middle but when we get the ball there we're almost scared to hold onto it and find the right pass. It very much feels like our players want rid of the ball as soon as possible - "if I don't have the ball I can't lose it and get the blame". 

Defensively we're as shaky as ever. Thankfully Alloa haven't really threatened so far which is a blessing as I think once they do they'll get plenty of clear-cut chances. McClelland and McKay are a couple of bombscares. 

The game is there for the taking for either side tbh. Given the state of our season I expect either an early Allo goal and the game to go one way from then on or us to hold on for about 80 minutes before sitting too deep and inevitably gifting Alloa a goal or two. 

Decent enough stream tbf. Bit jittery at times but that could be my shite wifi. The replays almost instantly are very good and the guy commentating is good as well. The co-commentator is doing a good Lee Dixon impression mind you...

This is torture waiting for the inevitable Alloa equaliser ... Kelty fighting back at Annan, 3-2 now ...

Haven't bought the stream - rebuilding a bike to get it ready for a ride tomorrow.

Dammit, I've slipped back into another parallel universe without noticing ... it seems as though Queens have actually won a game against Alloa.  I know its obviously not real and I'll wake up again soon ...

Massive result. Strange game though, I think we deserved the win tbh but I also think "If we were against a decent side we'd have been comfortably beaten today" applies to both sides. Some good performances from us and some quite poor. McGuffie on for Ferguson was a brilliant sub from Bartley but no idea why Reilly didn't (rightly) replace Mumbongo. 

Other results are a bit shit from our point of view but we haven't let Annan gain on us and have got back close to Kelty. I don't think the Annan result is as bad as we may think. We still have Kelty to play at least and Kelty have some very tricky games to come. 

Very good stream and again the guy commentating was very fair I thought. Please get back on form next weekend Alloa! 

Just now, queenslad said:

All we can do is win our games. It would be a lot worse if we had lost today as everyone predicted

Absolutely, we have to at least match Annan's results on the run in.  Every game a cup final now as the saying goes ...

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Absolutely, we have to at least match Annan's results on the run in.  Every game a cup final now as the saying goes ...

Not necessarily. We can finish below Annan and still avoid 9th. We have Stirling and Kelty still to play. Win one of those and match their respective results and we'll finish no lower than 8th.

Plus Stirling have still to play Kelty and Annan, so none of them can pick up maximum points

Credit where it's due.

We've seemed incapable of getting decent results, yet we got one here in a fixture we traditionally struggle in.

With Annan and Stirling winning, it's not changed much.   We're a game closer to finishing though, with no further need to play Alloa.  Our goal difference has also improved slightly in relation to the others, and Kelty have been drawn back in.

Maybe, we'll have a little more confidence for the coming games.  

All in all, a good afternoon.  If we'd even drawn though, it would have been grim.

20 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

14 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Not necessarily. We can finish below Annan and still avoid 9th. We have Stirling and Kelty still to play. Win one of those and match their respective results and we'll finish no lower than 8th.

Plus Stirling have still to play Kelty and Annan, so none of them can pick up maximum points

Well yes, quite.  For simplicity I chose to focus on Annan (and ignore the others above us) as they are the team below us and if we at least match them in the run in then we'll be fine.

Well a great if unexpected 3 points.

Not quite sure what to make of that game, certainly wasn't expecting Alloa to be worse than us but they were.

Ref didn't help the game but we just about deserved the win. Todd was impressive again.

How Roy missed in the first minute!