Alloa v Queens

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Comfortable home win. Next. 

I'm not so sure it will be comfortable.

I get the difference between the two sides at the moment and, on paper, we are clearly favourites, but I expect a decent contest - I watched the Falkirk game and thought QotS did OK. 

I'm expecting a narrow Alloa win.

17 minutes ago, printer said:

I'm not so sure it will be comfortable.

I get the difference between the two sides at the moment and, on paper, we are clearly favourites, but I expect a decent contest - I watched the Falkirk game and thought QotS did OK. 

I'm expecting a narrow Alloa win.

:lol:

I have to admit I don't get the same perverse joy at seeing Queens plummet as I have with other full time clubs over the years.

Queens boys have never been a bullish bunch, even when they walked this league 11 years ago.

Our trip down there a couple of months ago (where we played quite garbage and left with a point) was pretty startling. You always get a bit of real adversity when defending the clock end, but the terrace was completely devoid of any enthusiasm and really sparse in numbers.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Coming up a year since our Dabrowski inspired win at Alloa which kept us in the hunt for sneaking into the promotion play-offs.

Pretty much the peak of the Bartley era. How times have changed! Been downhill ever since.

All eyes on Annan v Kelty for me, expecting nothing from QoS this weekend and will still likely end up disappointed!

It would at least be re-assuring to think that our beleaguered Manager might finally set us up to , press the ball competitively when we don’t have it, be on the front foot from the start and get players ahead of the ball and in the opposition penalty box at Alloa. In summary attack from the off signifying our intention to secure an away win that we desperately need.None of the foregoing guarantees anything but it would at least be a belated step in the right direction. The problem, of course, is that while we all know that our Manager is beleaguered and basically completely out of his depth Marvin continues to think that he is in control of things and that this week’s game plan will finally come good. If we can just cut out these defensive lapses………………….” our quality will shine through”!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It would at least be re-assuring to think that our beleaguered Manager might finally set us up to , press the ball competitively when we don’t have it, be on the front foot from the start and get players ahead of the ball and in the opposition penalty box at Alloa. In summary attack from the off signifying our intention to secure an away win that we desperately need.None of the foregoing guarantees anything but it would at least be a belated step in the right direction. The problem, of course, is that while we all know that our Manager is beleaguered and basically completely out of his depth Marvin continues to think that he is in control of things and that this week’s game plan will finally come good. If we can just cut out these defensive lapses………………….” our quality will shine through”!!!!!!

It would, but we all know he won’t. Marvelous Marv will have studied Alloa all week and come up with a mind-blowing tactical plan allowing us to snatch the three points.

Last week against a speedy Falkirk front line he somehow came up with a plan to play a high line, we luckily came away from that, only conceding 4!

This week facing probably Sammon he’ll probably stick with McKay who’ll get rag dolled all day, before Roy comes on to score his customary goal against us.

Last week we got what a lot have been screaming for, a big target man and again that worked well. Did he win a header, if he did, I must have missed it and as for his first half miss! Sadley the more of him I see the more the Accies fans are being proved right.

I would like to see young Johnstone start in the middle with Todd in a 4-4-2 formation and also Efe back in at CB.

On 18/03/2024 at 11:02, LeodhasXD said:

Just a heads up to those who are not travelling, Saturday will be a PPV day - but I'll get a product sorted after the Kelty game.

Last 'open' slot of the season as the semi-final playoffs on the Saturday 11th are still blocked and the final will be on Alba.

Is this happening tomorrow? And is it a handheld or pixelot? 

8 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Big high balls to Salmon or anyone and Queens cannot cope with cross balls.

It's a pity Trouten still doesn't play for Alloa or he could Plaice the ball right on Salmons head. True that crosses into the box often has the Queens' defence Floundering though.  I can see this being another Bass-tard of a result for Queens, pretty soon there"ll be hardly a Sole turning up to watch.