Alloa v Queens

I suspect come 5 pm we will be in 9th place heading for the wrong playoffs unless we sack Bartley which is very unlikely to happen .

Wonder if he will go with a back 7 or stick with the crazy high line we had against Falkirk not really matter as both options end up in defeat .

Far too soon for an Alloa home game to appear on here for comment , But i think you boys just can't wait for another poor show and hope its the end for "I don't do walking away big baws nae spunk Tactic carvin Marvin bartley" 

Still i think this could be a really tough encounter and he may get a stay of execution , would be very happy for us and you if he is pumped oot after this game though , A caseof all parties happy  ? .

18 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Far too soon for an Alloa home game to appear on here for comment , But i think you boys just can't wait for another poor show and hope its the end for "I don't do walking away big baws nae spunk Tactic carvin Marvin bartley" 

Still i think this could be a really tough encounter and he may get a stay of execution , would be very happy for us and you if he is pumped oot after this game though , A caseof all parties happy  ? .

He's not going anywhere unfortunately. If our hopeless BoD had any intention of sacking him he'd already be gone. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's not going anywhere unfortunately. If our hopeless BoD had any intention of sacking him he'd already be gone. 

Not even a 7 -0 drubbing  ?  :guns

Edited by Vegetableman

Just now, Vegetableman said:

Not even a 7 -0 drubbing  ?  :guns

Doubtful. We couldn't beat Edinburgh or Annan, I'd argue that's worse than a 7-0 defeat to Alloa.

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Far too soon for an Alloa home game to appear on here for comment , 

Especially since it's all eyes on Kelty Hearts for Tuesday night. Might do Queen of the South a favour by beating them right enough

42 minutes ago, FyldeCoastDoonhamer said:

Not so sure about that. Still scarred by that 7-0 drubbing at Palmerston and that was just meaningless end-of-season stuff (1993?) 

Was really looking forward to that,  as JR's farewell - Captain for the day - but all went horribly wrong !

8 hours ago, FyldeCoastDoonhamer said:

Not so sure about that. Still scarred by that 7-0 drubbing at Palmerston and that was just meaningless end-of-season stuff (1993?) 

I'm still in shock from that game. Alloa had blown their promotion chances after going 8 games without a win, then pulled that result out the bag to say sorry to us with. 

Good as it was, there is only one 7-0 that really matters to us Wasps.

12 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Your theory is fine in principle ... alas, we have no board to sack him ... the board threw in the towel and walked first - yes, it's hard to make this stuff up! There's a very good chance Bartley will be with us to the end of next season as he takes us into the Southern Counties league or whatever the hell it's called.

If Alloa don't take three points in this game and boost your goal difference at the same time ... then you really should just call it a day.

Just a heads up to those who are not travelling, Saturday will be a PPV day - but I'll get a product sorted after the Kelty game.

Last 'open' slot of the season as the semi-final playoffs on the Saturday 11th are still blocked and the final will be on Alba.

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Your theory is fine in principle ... alas, we have no board to sack him ... the board threw in the towel and walked first - yes, it's hard to make this stuff up! There's a very good chance Bartley will be with us to the end of next season as he takes us into the Southern Counties league or whatever the hell it's called.

If Alloa don't take three points in this game and boost your goal difference at the same time ... then you really should just call it a day.

This is just factually incorrect. We do have a board in place. You can check Companies House. They are still required to hold board meetings and perform all the functions of a board. It's almost certain they are doing so, since there will be various expenses they will have to authorise are paid, e.g. HMRC bills, suppliers, players' wages, etc. They also have no clear incentive not to sack him by reason of the fact they are stepping down: again, directors do not spend their own money. They are effectively employees, just the highest pay grade within the company. The only reason they would have for not sacking him is that they judge it is not in the club's best interests to do so, for example because they think he is doing a good job, or he will salvage it, or it would cost too much, or relegation is a justifiable risk to let the next board have the decision. You can question that judgment, I think everyone questions it. However, it's just factually incorrect to suggest that either (a) they have already stepped down, or (b) it is in their own interests not to sack him: they have nothing of their own interests on the line. 

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just a heads up to those who are not travelling, Saturday will be a PPV day - but I'll get a product sorted after the Kelty game.

Last 'open' slot of the season as the semi-final playoffs on the Saturday 11th are still blocked and the final will be on Alba.

Doesn't look like the Kelty game is available PPV?

23 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

This is just factually incorrect. We do have a board in place. You can check Companies House. They are still required to hold board meetings and perform all the functions of a board. It's almost certain they are doing so, since there will be various expenses they will have to authorise are paid, e.g. HMRC bills, suppliers, players' wages, etc. They also have no clear incentive not to sack him by reason of the fact they are stepping down: again, directors do not spend their own money. They are effectively employees, just the highest pay grade within the company. The only reason they would have for not sacking him is that they judge it is not in the club's best interests to do so, for example because they think he is doing a good job, or he will salvage it, or it would cost too much, or relegation is a justifiable risk to let the next board have the decision. You can question that judgment, I think everyone questions it. However, it's just factually incorrect to suggest that either (a) they have already stepped down, or (b) it is in their own interests not to sack him: they have nothing of their own interests on the line. 

Jeezo, of course I know it's factually incorrect!  I'm using artistic licence (or whatever it's properly called here) to make a point.  Of course the existing board are physically still in place - we all know that.  However, practically from all the evidence we've seen this season and especially after their AGM announcement their heart and minds are just not in it any more ... or Bartley wouldn't still be in place.  They appear to be taking the easy option and leaving the difficult decisions to the next incumbents.  The consequence is a completely deflated and rudderless ship.

Surprised Bartley is still in a job, considering the shouts of Bartley get to f**k at the last game at the Recs, which were nicely left in our highlights video if I remember correctly.

Hopefully we win and keep a clean sheet so we don't have to hear the rattles