Alloa v Queens

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Injured as Aloreburne says. I think he's looked ok from the brief spells we've seen him. I'd have him as our starting LB if given the choice. Not been impressed with Kilsby at all. 

Loved Daniel Church when he was at Alloa and his departure still probably hurts in that left-back position. Had Euan Deveny, Cammy O'Donnell, Jon Robertson and Ethan Sutherland all cover that position this season with Euan Deveney really the only natural left-back ( and when he was fit Brian Rice switched him and Cammy O'Donnell most weeks) , as I would say Ethan Sutherland is a more forward player on the wing or as a wing back, a formation we don't use under Andy, and Deveney has a long term injury and out till around September I'm sure. As @Owenysaid, Daniel Church has been our best left-back since Liam Dick. 

His defending definitely improved with us but he wasn't great. I remember he was guilty of not closing down wingers and allowing crosses into the box a lot. He seemed to be better as a Wing back in a back 5 than as left of a back four.

Also, spotted local 'celebrity' Stevie McCrorie was at the Recs on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Rory said:

His defending definitely improved with us but he wasn't great. I remember he was guilty of not closing down wingers and allowing crosses into the box a lot. He seemed to be better as a Wing back in a back 5 than as left of a back four.

Also, spotted local 'celebrity' Stevie McCrorie was at the Recs on Saturday.

I remember under Brian Rice with Church being deployed at LCB and Luke Strachan as wing-back.

Yeah seen Stevie at the game as well.