Alloa v Queens

12 minutes ago, bod said:

Well a great if unexpected 3 points.

Not quite sure what to make of that game, certainly wasn't expecting Alloa to be worse than us but they were.

Ref didn't help the game but we just about deserved the win. Todd was impressive again.

How Roy missed in the first minute!

Was it Roy? I thought it was Buchanan. The ref was strange. I thought he let the game flow at times and didn't get conned by players hitting the deck looking for fouls yet other times he gave some questionable free kicks. Certainly had far worse reffing our games. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is outstanding. The commentator slags Mumbongo* and when we score the sound guy plays goal music :lol:

Falkirk MKII incoming I feel. Good finish. 

* Nothing that wasn't fair tbh. 

Did you email me asking for an on air apology for calling his finishing rotten? Someone did. 🤣 I've manifested his goal into existence by saying anything about his finishing.

My young sidekick is yet to find his confidence on his comments in the game. Still shy. He'll get there but I'm glad because it's infinitely better to have someone to talk to. Got to agree we gave you an easy game today. If any of our chances had've went in though I think we'd have made you crumble. Just felt inevitable we wouldn't score and you'd kill it with a second. Not sure what your manager was talking about in particular but heard "football is fucking shit"... Might have been what he thought of results elsewhere or the general standard today outside of your goalkeeper.

Edited by LeodhasXD

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not sure what your manager was talking about in particular but heard "football is fucking shit"... 

He'd just heard that Arsenal weren't playing this weekend because of the International friendlies.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He'd just heard that Arsenal weren't playing this weekend because of the International friendlies.

I'd agree tbh been good value to watch recently.

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Did you email me asking for an on air apology for calling his finishing rotten? Someone did. 🤣 I've manifested his goal into existence by saying anything about his finishing.

My young sidekick is yet to find his confidence on his comments in the game. Still shy. He'll get there but I'm glad because it's infinitely better to have someone to talk to. Got to agree we gave you an easy game today. If any of our chances had've went in though I think we'd have made you crumble. Just felt inevitable we wouldn't score and you'd kill it with a second. Not sure what your manager was talking about in particular but heard "football is fucking shit"... Might have been what he thought of results elsewhere or the general standard today outside of your goalkeeper.

Christ no, I'm not that sad! I'm usually the one who slags a player and they inevitably score. I found it comical, certainly not offensive :lol:

Tbf, your sidekick sounded like any QoS fan would doing a similar job. Given Alloa were so poor against our mob I can appreciate his tone...

Yeah agree with your assessment. I actually said to the Mrs that if Alloa score we'll crumble but in the same breath, if we get a second it's game over. Just a strange game. Hopefully football is so shit for Bartley he'll consider giving it up for good...

The defence has been really struggling since the Montrose game, and it was inevitable that we'd end up with a run of games where where our goalscoring isn't able to bail us out. Hopefully we should improve once Taylor Steven and Bobby Wales both return and the increased threat should lift the whole team.

I don't think that we could argue that QoS didn't deserve that, we had a good opening first 5 minutes where we should have scored, and the first 30 minutes of the second half when we were on top but never really looked like scoring. On the other hand QoS were causing our defence problems every time they went forward.

A much improved performance- for once we attacked, created chances and generally looked dangerous. Mumbongo was excellent and gave us the attacking outlet that has been lacking all season. He chased everything and showed some lovely touches linking the play and holding the ball up. Took his goal well.

Given results elsewhere that was a win we desperately needed but we thoroughly deserved it today. No failures and subs Doherty and McGuffie pepped us up when they appeared. Great finish by McGuffie incidentally.

Hopefully, we can build on that performance but Hamilton away is hardly our ideal fixture. Much better though.

Wonder if Cammy wasn't fully fit? Felt Robbo was poor today, we usually have Cammy or Ethan overlapping and putting crosses in but Robbo just played backwards 90% of the time. Our full backs attacking and playing high has been one of our strengths this season. 

We were disappointing all over. Scougall was uncharacteristically poor with the ball, Roberts was quiet for most the game. Sutherlands deliveries from corners and free kicks were poor, could here him getting frustrated with himself in the second half.

Losing Neill wasn't ideal with Andy being the only defender on the bench. Miko done OK when he came on. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. LD done more work defensively than I've seen of him too.

Buchanan one of the few players to get pass marks. Felt he should have had a free kick when he was tripped and could see Andy was angry at the refs decision.

Hopefully Steven is back next week and we'll have Wales available again.

17 minutes ago, Rory said:

Wonder if Cammy wasn't fully fit? Felt Robbo was poor today, we usually have Cammy or Ethan overlapping and putting crosses in but Robbo just played backwards 90% of the time. Our full backs attacking and playing high has been one of our strengths this season. 

Struck me against Kelty that he didn't look fit. He didn't want the ball on Tuesday and the only reason you play within yourself like that is because you're saving yourself. I did try to get Andy to elaborate on injuries but he wasn't having it as an excuse. Recent weeks we've had performances a plenty and then strong players coming off the bench. Couple games now we've toiled and no real impact subs. Even Kurtis Roberts looked tired. Although he's needing to calm down with his shooting from range too😅

18 minutes ago, Rory said:

We were disappointing all over. Scougall was uncharacteristically poor with the ball, Roberts was quiet for most the game. Sutherlands deliveries from corners and free kicks were poor, could here him getting frustrated with himself in the second half.

Losing Neill wasn't ideal with Andy being the only defender on the bench. Miko done OK when he came on. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. LD done more work defensively than I've seen of him too.

Buchanan one of the few players to get pass marks. Felt he should have had a free kick when he was tripped and could see Andy was angry at the refs decision.

Hopefully Steven is back next week and we'll have Wales available again.

Robbo was about ten times better today than Cammy was at Kelty; he was just Robbo, a solid, composed performance.

We were poor, no doubt about it and I agree we look pretty ordinary when Wales and Steven are out. Unlike Kelty I thought Queens started nervously and if we score that early chance (which we certainly should have), I could have seen us dominating. We didn't though and they played their way into the game, Mumbongo giving them a focal point and threat, grew in confidence and deserved to go in ahead.

We were better second half, but QotS defended well and looked every bit as dangerous as we did (which wasn't difficult). I felt our only real threat was Buchanan and, laterally , Coulson on the wings. Queens finished the stronger (our subs seemed a bit haphazard); a big win for them and the battle to stay out of ninth is looking very interesting.

Hopefully we can bounce back next week against Annan, but clearly they are in form and we will need to play well to get back on track.

PS Cheers Messrs Offord, Henderson and O'Hara.

The pre match scorn from QoS fans on this thread, coupled with AVFTT talking us and Andy Graham up last night, inevitably set up a defeat for us today.

That was a tough watch, especially the first half which was utterly turgid and we looked devoid of any ideas. There was more endeavour in the second 45, but we never looked like scoring. Defensively we looked nervous throughout.

The sooner Wales & Steven are back the better.

I only caught the first half on the stream today. Thought we started well enough and Buchanan should have scored the early chance. Opened up way too easily for the QoS goal, albeit it was tucked away very nicely. We maybe shaded the rest of the half without creating much. Can't comment on thereafter! 

Take out Wales and Steven and our attacking threat is obviously really diminished. Didn't help either that we had midfielders at full-back and it did look a bit makeshift. Really need other players to step up in those circumstances though and in the 45 I saw that didn't really happen. Still very much in it and hopefully be able to get something closer to the best team out in the weeks ahead. 

QoS do have some decent players despite their poor season and they'll hope with a wee confidence boost today that they'll pick up more points. Battle to avoid 9th looking really interesting! 

Edited by Waspie