Next Step(s)  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

I hear there were a couple of “incidents” again today. Thankfully we only had a couple of checks in our game today which came to nothing.

We had a 4 minute delay while they tried to decide if an overhead kick goal should be ruled out for high feet.

Was great having the excitement of that goal sucked entirely out the stadium just seconds after it went in.

AFC tried to phone me the other day. I missed the call as I was at work but the voicemail said my email had been passed up the chain to get the responses I was looking for and they would come back next week. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

AFC tried to phone me the other day. I missed the call as I was at work but the voicemail said my email had been passed up the chain to get the responses I was looking for and they would come back next week. 

I didn’t get any reply to either of my emails. Perhaps I used the wrong tone or sent it to the wrong emails.

7 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

I didn’t get any reply to either of my emails. Perhaps I used the wrong tone or sent it to the wrong emails.

"Get VAR tae f*ck" is not going to gain a response, I feel.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"Get VAR tae f*ck" is not going to gain a response, I feel.

Haha. My first email was constructive. The second one slightly less so but mainly just mentioned Motherwell’s statement and the lack of engagement with fans over the issue.

St Johnstone never contacted me back either, and now don't seem to respond at all.

11 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Did you use the phrase ‘you stupid c***s?’

If not, then that’s your first error imo. 

On 25/03/2024 at 19:36, Red Kite said:

I still cannot understand how Scotland even ended up with VAR.  If anyone in charge had listened to 5Live, it was constant angry callers saying it was last.  I wish it would be binned from all football.

I had thought it was because without domestic VAR Scottish officials would be unable to referee in international competitions. But it appears Swedish refs are still able to get those gigs, so that can't be the case.

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

Did they not say they would get back to you this week.

Yeah they did, I completely forgot about it due to other stuff going on.

Finally got a reply earlier this week after I responded to a season ticket renewal reminder email saying I was very reluctant to renew given the impact of VAR.

Not much said other than the club would be involved behind the scenes in shaping the future of VAR. I went back saying tweaking wouldn’t cut it.

On 26/03/2024 at 14:28, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reminds me of when i'd say to my mum when getting a row for doing something, but *insert pals name here* did it too, and my mum would reply, if England ran in front of a lorry would you do it too...........

In Scotland's case, copying England, yes we would.

Jumped off a cliff, surely?

8 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Finally got a reply earlier this week after I responded to a season ticket renewal reminder email saying I was very reluctant to renew given the impact of VAR.

Not much said other than the club would be involved behind the scenes in shaping the future of VAR. I went back saying tweaking wouldn’t cut it.

Poor response. Club never followed up with me after the initial voicemail. Going to chase them this week. 

Serious question - do people honestly think their club at boardroom level is going to reply to an email saying, "Aye, we totally agree, we are dumping it"?  You will get corporate-speak. So, "shaping the future" is what you will get.  Chase, all you want. 

24 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Serious question - do people honestly think their club at boardroom level is going to reply to an email saying, "Aye, we totally agree, we are dumping it"?  You will get corporate-speak. So, "shaping the future" is what you will get.  Chase, all you want. 

No, obviously not. But if a little bit of engagement from clubs and pressure from people builds momentum  then it might actually move towards change.

Nobody really expects this to succeed, but it is more than just moaning about it. 

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

The thing is some people have received initial responses from clubs saying they are happy to discuss it properly in the near future and will get back shortly. I have yet to hear anyone reporting they have had the discussion though.

At the end of the day, clubs either already are or soon will be chasing for season ticket renewals. They need to keep supporters interested considering how much of their income comes from gate receipts.