United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

Just now, Offshore Rover said:

Pretty sure if you speak nicely to Dunfermline they will help you 

Dundee United win. Rovers performance to be as shit as your patter.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

At least you hoors gave us a decent amount of tickets.

Actually, I'm sure we asked for the North East section because we sold out the East Stand really quickly but they said no.  To be fair they did then sell those seats to their own fans though.

I think Rovers were perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved.  Dundee United and or Police Scotland have dealt with far bigger away support than 1.3k at Tannadice, so any safety concerns are absolute nonsense.  We have a farcical situation where there will be thousands of empty seats at the biggest game this season, yet fans unable to attend.

That said, I was pretty dissapointed with the Rovers last week.  There wasn't any need for anything other than the initial statement.  Posting the Dundee Utd ticket office number was just a wee bit petty and needless, and pushed the problem to staff at Utd who were not to blame.  And I didn't really like the way the club have been in the media the past week or so.  

A lot of the work done this season has been superb, and generally the social media stuff has been good natured banter - but i didn't love how they reacted to last week to be honest.

Edited by CALDERON

Also some negative noises from our group about how Rovers have handled this. Felt there was no chance of United seeing sense with the tone of the Rovers stuff. Not sure being less antagonistic would have made any difference tho. 

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I think Rovers were perfectly entitled to feel aggrieved.  Dundee United and or Police Scotland have dealt with far bigger away support than 1.3k at Tannadice, so any safety concerns are absolute nonsense.  We have a farcical situation where there will be thousands of empty seats at the biggest game this season, yet fans unable to attend.

That said, I was pretty dissapointed with the Rovers last week.  There wasn't any need for anything other than the initial statement.  Posting the Dundee Utd ticket office number was petty, needless, and pushed the problem to staff at Utd who were not to blame.  And I didn't really like the way the club have been in the media the past week or so.  

A lot of the work done this season has been superb, and generally the social media stuff has been good natured banter - but i didn't love how they reacted to last week to be honest.

There's no excuse for people being abusive to ticket office staff... but if Raith were getting calls regarding a Dundee Utd ticket sale, which Dundee Utd were handling in a way we asked them not to... ie selling a block at a time... then I think directing them to Dundee Utd is fine as they would be best placed to help answer any queries.

I don't for a second believe that the Police have demanded six rows are cordened off AND coincidently the Fairplay which was going to be offered to Raith in December is out of action.

If I'm wrong and the Police have made this decision then both clubs should be challenging/highlighting it as its a costly over reaction.

A better alternative would be to advertise the back few rows as a singing section and the front few rows as a famliy section. Or use the fencing Falkirk use to prevent pitch invasions.

2 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Are the front 6 rows closed off when Dundee or the Old Firm appear in case the fans go on the pitch?

Probably not. But they don’t post triggering stuff on social media. 

Dont mind a bit of shithousery but Utd actively keeping fans out because there shitebags means one and all should hope for a Rovers win on Sat and a great big GIRFU.

The police angle is so obviously not true, Dundee United have had the opportunity to both use it to save face by blaming the police and could have used it well when sticking the boot into Raith fans abuse of office staff.  

6 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Dont mind a bit of shithousery but Utd actively keeping fans out because there shitebags means one and all should hope for a Rovers win on Sat and a great big GIRFU.

Raging?

40 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My only comment on the actual game is that I strongly suspect that the football will fail to live up to the hype. 

Don't change the subject, this thread is about tickets.

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

There's no excuse for people being abusive to ticket office staff... but if Raith were getting calls regarding a Dundee Utd ticket sale, which Dundee Utd were handling in a way we asked them not to... ie selling a block at a time... then I think directing them to Dundee Utd is fine as they would be best placed to help answer any queries.

I don't for a second believe that the Police have demanded six rows are cordened off AND coincidently the Fairplay which was going to be offered to Raith in December is out of action.

If I'm wrong and the Police have made this decision then both clubs should be challenging/highlighting it as its a costly over reaction.

A better alternative would be to advertise the back few rows as a singing section and the front few rows as a famliy section. Or use the fencing Falkirk use to prevent pitch invasions.

Fair play IS out of action, hasn't.been used for months. Related to the steel doors. Until that is fixed it isn't considered safe to be used incase it needs evacuation.

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The police angle is so obviously not true, Dundee United have had the opportunity to both use it to save face by blaming the police and could have used it well when sticking the boot into Raith fans abuse of office staff.  

Is it? Yes United could use it. They have told Raith Rovers the reason yet Barrowman says...

*United have given us an explanation, after the event, which doesn’t really carry much weight, if I’m being honest. But it’s up to them if they want to make public that excuse, let’s call it."

Quite telling that he is so enraged, so upset by it and so upset by the reason given yet he won't say what it is. He's not been shy in coming forward with any thing else so why keep that back? Is it because it wouldn't create the "rage" against United & the "their against us" feelings.

Luigi Capuano states..

"We’ve spoken to all the relevant stakeholders involved trying to find solutions. There weren’t any. So we had to make a difficult operational decision to slightly reduce their allocation."

So there has been some issues that have come up. Who are the relevant stakeholders? United, Raith, Council for H&S, Police, fans groups, who else? Having said that I too would like United to come out & give the reason and stop the nonsense stone dead.