United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

I suppose actual chat about the game tends to become more sparse this late into the season as most sides are by now running in a groove with little to surprise the fans. Even more so that everyone on both sides is shitting bricks.

A draw isn't a terrible result for Rovers, assuming we went and won our game in hand. Lose and we are hanging on by our fingernails, lose this and our game in hand and we're done.

I'm 90% sure we'll lose, if only because winning this would force me to confront the prospect we might actually win the league, and it's been 14 years since the last time we came up drastically short. 

My guess is we play similarly to how we've set out since the Ayr game. Less expansive, tighter at the back and tey and hit on the counter. For that reason I suspect it'll be Rudden who starts over Hamilton.

We've done well against United this season, in large part I suspect because we've scored first and been happy to contain them. It remains to be seen how pur gameplan and our players wpuld adapt to being a goal down in thesr fixtures.

Going in hope, rather than expectation.

Really looking forward to this now as it kick off looms! Wee jaunt up on the train and hopefully grab a few beers on route up the hill. 

I think it’ll be cagey and I think we’ll sit back at times and try hit on the counter, but also maybe see us have a go as the game goes on. I personally think we have a far stronger bench and better game changers on the bench than United, even more so with the couple of wee injuries they have picked up. 

Line up prediction:

Dabrowski

J Brown  S Brown  Murray  Dick

Matthews 

Mullin           Stanton         Easton

Vaughan     Rudden

Watson could easily start alongside Murray which could push Broony back into the middle of the park.

Kids get into any the boozers near or around the ground?

Edited - how could I forget super Sam Stanton! 

Edited by RaithRyan

I'm so buzzing for this game I even resorted to listening to the Courier podcast for their preview.  It was actually a lot more balanced than I expected.  I'd only listened to it once before and turned off after about 10 minutes because both the the presenter and Jim Spence were doing my nut in.

This one was much better (I think it was a different presenter to be fair) and it's always good to get the perspective of the other side.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

So looks to be about 10,000 Arabs going to this. GF and ET sold out and JK will be by tomorrow.

Lets get behind the boys in Tangerine!

It will be good to see. Unfortunately with our track record in front of big home crowds part of me feels I've seen this movie before. It feels like the 2014 cup final, we have the chance to do something, but we understand perform again & let ourselves down.

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong though & will be going along hoping we do actually turn up!

36 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Really looking forward to this now as it kick off looms! Wee jaunt up on the train and hopefully grab a few beers on route up the hill. 

I think it’ll be cagey and I think we’ll sit back at times and try hit on the counter, but also maybe see us have a go as the game goes on. I personally think we have a far stronger bench and better game changers on the bench than United, even more so with the couple of wee injuries they have picked up. 

Line up prediction:

Dabrowski

J Brown  S Brown  Murray  Dick

Matthews Byrne.

Mullin           Vaughan         Easton

Rudden

Watson could easily start alongside Murray which could push Broony back into the middle of the park. 

I just think we’ll be a little more tighter with the 2 holding but wouldn’t be surprised to Murray stick with the 4-1-3-2 either which could see a Turner for example come into the line up.

Kids get into any the boozers near or around the ground?

Bold dropping Stanton. Nearly every time he's not played, we've dropped points 

37 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I'm so buzzing for this game I even resorted to listening to the Courier podcast for their preview.  It was actually a lot more balanced than I expected.  I'd only listened to it once before and turned off after about 10 minutes because both the the presenter and Jim Spence were doing my nut in.

This one was much better (I think it was a different presenter to be fair) and it's always good to get the perspective of the other side.

Alan Temple is a real necessity in that dynamic. His presence really lifts it out of being pretty unlistenable. 

8 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Agreed.  I'm sure the only game he hasn't started since returning from injury was away to Arbroath!!!!!

FFS, talking about being slow. I’m pretty new to any kind of social media, and I’ve just twigged that this is one of these attention seekers I’ve heard about 

Apparently the best thing to do is ignore them? 

7 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

I’m actually astounded, I’ve left him out myself. Edited now and therefore can’t see anything other than the 4-1-3-2! 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

TWO turnstiles what the actual f**k. 

IMG_2972.jpeg

Shirley some mistake? It took long enough to get in with 4 last time (and only a few hundred less fans this time).

Isn't this going to be an operational issue with operational consequences for the operation of hosting a game of 2nd tier football? 

3 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Your club can release the reason, they have been told fully. Why are they not?

You would think as the host club your club would release the bona-fide reason.  If there actually is one.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

TWO turnstiles what the actual f**k. 

IMG_2972.jpeg

If it is the Police who have cut the away fans numbers then I’m sure they will be pleased to know that there is potentially 1300 folk trying to squeeze into two turnstiles. Accident waiting to happen.

Dabrowski

Matthews  Watson  Murray  Dick

Brown 

Easton           Stanton         Turner

Vaughan     Rudden