Final positions, playoffs and such...

Going to be incredibly funny when a team who got beat four (4) times in the league by a fairly honking Ayr United get promoted to the Video Assisted Refereeing League.

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think it once(If? It’s livi after all) the legal stuff settles down then it might be  convenient for him to move on, whoever actually gains a grip of the club is going to want to put their mark on the club and having someone so heavily entrenched involved may not be desirable, especially if results aren’t right

Livingston FC is a club built entirely out of brown envelopes, so that won't be dying down soon, and Martindale's baggage means that in the absence of footballing results he's maybe not going to get a lot of offers.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Airdrie have done incredibly well to get to this position obviously with some serious rub of the green, they ought to have had Frizzel I think it was sent off against us in early March and then another shocker of a tackle went unpunished against Ayr and I think those two decisions combined with a relentless schedule of games would have seen the wheels fall off.

But their schedule has been hectic and with some key injuries they have kept on motoring up the league so fair play.

We were winning against Dunfermline at the time of Frizzell's tackle, even if they'd got a draw out of it we'd have seen it as a decent result. He then was subbed after 70 minutes in our next match (0-0 draw) after playing pretty poorly so there's no evidence him missing that through suspension would have made a material difference. Even more so McMaster, we were losing 2-1 at the time and lost 2-1, it would have had literally no impact on the Ayr game and his suspension would have been for the Arbroath match, which I'm confident enough to say we'd have won regardless, that scoreline hugely flattered them. They should both have been sent-off, but it's a hell of a stretch to claim either made much difference to those games or ones afterwards to the point the 'wheels fell off'. On the flip side I could point out a few decisions in those games that we didn't get like penalties, (non) offside goals and non red cards like Baird last week. As all fans could.

If you go through our recent wins you'd be hard pushed to find a team who had any complaints about us winning, and in a few cases the scoreline should have been higher. As you correctly say we've had a few injuries, lost our keeper for the season during this run-in, McStravick also seems to be out for the season after really coming onto a game, and McCabe has missed the last month, while dealing with a busy schedule. Certainly wouldn't say we've been unlucky with injuries compared to other sides (like Dunfermline, Arbroath or Morton early season) but we've not had a clear run either and dealt with it well so far.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

We were winning against Dunfermline at the time of Frizzell's tackle, even if they'd got a draw out of it we'd have seen it as a decent result. He then was subbed after 70 minutes in our next match (0-0 draw) after playing pretty poorly so there's no evidence him missing that through suspension would have made a material difference. Even more so McMaster, we were losing 2-1 at the time and lost 2-1, it would have had literally no impact on the Ayr game and his suspension would have been for the Arbroath match, which I'm confident enough to say we'd have won regardless, that scoreline hugely flattered them. They should both have been sent-off, but it's a hell of a stretch to claim either made much difference to those games or ones afterwards to the point the 'wheels fell off'. On the flip side I could point out a few decisions in those games that we didn't get like penalties, (non) offside goals and non red cards like Baird last week. As all fans could.

If you go through our recent wins you'd be hard pushed to find a team who had any complaints about us winning, and in a few cases the scoreline should have been higher. As you correctly say we've had a few injuries, lost our keeper for the season during this run-in, McStravick also seems to be out for the season after really coming onto a game, and McCabe has missed the last month, while dealing with a busy schedule. Certainly wouldn't say we've been unlucky with injuries compared to other sides (like Dunfermline, Arbroath or Morton early season) but we've not had a clear run either and dealt with it well so far.

10 men for 70 minutes against Dunfermline I think would have seen all three points staying in the kingdom.

And whilst it may be true that neither player had their best game when they would have been suspended just having fewer players to pick from in a crazy hectic schedule I think would have made the fantastic run you have been on so much harder if not impossible.

Very much if buts and maybes but does highlight how a rub of the green can help solidify such good form with points on the board.

If Ayr fans just please refrain from repeating the same shitey line about “how a team that they have beaten 4 times this season has finished in the play offs” then that would be great. Getting a bit boring. You can use it again next season when we play each other. 

Does anyone know where I can find the dates of all the play-off dates in the lower leagues? Can only seem to see the Premiership play-off final dates listed on the SPFL website.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

If Ayr fans just please refrain from repeating the same shitey line about “how a team that they have beaten 4 times this season has finished in the play offs” then that would be great. Getting a bit boring. You can use it again next season when we play each other. 

Have to look at it from our perspective though. Playing you lot is the only time we get to see you so you can understand trotting out that line with a tone of bewilderment.

Idk if this is the right thread but for those worrying about relegation playoffs (ict and Queen’s Park mainly) your only worry about league 1 teams should be none of them 

take it from a Falkirk fan this is the weakest league 1 ive seen in 5 years and we’re the benchmark they need to beat and as of yet none have but in my honest opinion is that if one team were to go up it would be Alloa or Montrose as they have gave us the hardest games out of the teams in playoff contention unless hamilton sack rankin and get someone new in quickly but as I say none of them will give a hard time just an annoying time at the rec/the links/the ndp/the industrial estate of cove get into the playoffs 

see you next season👋

45 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Yeah that's where I looked initially, but unless I'm being daft, there's no dates listed for anything other than the premiership play-off final.

For whatever reason they seem to wait until the fixtures are confirmed before deciding on dates below the Championship. Unsure if it's to do with TV companies.

22 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Idk if this is the right thread but for those worrying about relegation playoffs (ict and Queen’s Park mainly) your only worry about league 1 teams should be none of them 

take it from a Falkirk fan this is the weakest league 1 ive seen in 5 years and we’re the benchmark they need to beat and as of yet none have but in my honest opinion is that if one team were to go up it would be Alloa or Montrose as they have gave us the hardest games out of the teams in playoff contention unless hamilton sack rankin and get someone new in quickly but as I say none of them will give a hard time just an annoying time at the rec/the links/the ndp/the industrial estate of cove get into the playoffs 

see you next season👋

Newsflash. Inverness and Queens Park are also pish

55 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Have to look at it from our perspective though. Playing you lot is the only time we get to see you so you can understand trotting out that line with a tone of bewilderment.

Yeah it essentially sums up the league. Same with raith and airdrie. 

55 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Newsflash. Inverness and Queens Park are also pish

I’ve seen some of the highlights from their games and when Queen’s Park played us earlier in the season (granted that was in the challenge cup) but neither seem so pish that Alloa, Montrose, hamilton and cove would beat them over 2 legs

6 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

see you next season👋

Hopefully your budget is increased a bit for the Championship so you can buy some much needed punctuation.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For whatever reason they seem to wait until the fixtures are confirmed before deciding on dates below the Championship. Unsure if it's to do with TV companies.

Somebody posted the dates either much earlier on this thread or on one of the other threads - maybe it was the Thistle thread ?