Baltimore Bridge

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

No I drive over the Kessock bridge with my eyes closed. 

Drove over the Oresund bridge once and was hyperventilating by the end. 

I remember going to France as a kid and we drove over this absolutely massive high bridge that came out of nowhere, discovered I might not enjoy heights that day. 

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

This is genuinely my biggest fear. I worry every time I drive over a bridge it's going to fall down and I'll get stuck in my car and drown.

Yes. I'm weird.

My wife is exactly the same, her way of preparing for the worst? open all the windows in the car. forget the fact that she'd probably die on impact with the water, she thinks it will let the car fill with water quicker and she can get out without smashing the windows.

This is genuinely my biggest fear. I worry every time I drive over a bridge it's going to fall down and I'll get stuck in my car and drown.

Yes. I'm weird.

I’ve driven over the Bay Bridge which is further down the Chesapeake Bay from the Key Bridge, and that has been described as one of the scariest bridges to cross in the US. There are drive-over companies that you can hire to drive your car over if you are unwilling to do so yourself.

There’s a lot of people on here who’ve clearly never left the Clydeside Expressway to head south over the Kingston Bridge. 

Bit of a giggle being above a six storey warehouse on Washington Street going round a single lane 90 degree bend at 50mph with only a barrier seemingly made out of angle iron between you and it.  

7 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I’ve driven over the Bay Bridge which is further down the Chesapeake Bay from the Key Bridge, and that has been described as one of the scariest bridges to cross in the US. There are drive-over companies that you can hire to drive your car over if you are unwilling to do so yourself.

But how would I get over it because I couldn't walk over either!

This all stems from my childhood and my dad hanging me over the side of a bridge like he was Michael Jackson, or something.

Yes. I'm weird.

Come and visit Louisiana, where you can see the gators watching you cross the bridges.

14 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

There’s a lot of people on here who’ve clearly never left the Clydeside Expressway to head south over the Kingston Bridge. 

Bit of a giggle being above a six storey warehouse on Washington Street going round a single lane 90 degree bend at 50mph with only a barrier seemingly made out of angle iron between you and it.  

That is the scariest bit of road ever. I hate it. Used to hate the Erskine bridge but used to it now. 

Don't fancy the forth crossing.

17 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

But how would I get over it because I couldn't walk over either!

This all stems from my childhood and my dad hanging me over the side of a bridge like he was Michael Jackson, or something.

I assume they'll just blindfold you in the back of the car as they drive.

If you look closely the footage, it doesn't look like a ship. Looks more like missiles to me. 

Makes you think. Got to wonder what they're not telling us.  

Edited by AUcal

16 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

For some reason, the older I get, the more I hate driving over the Friarton Bridge

Pretty mad how that bridge was given the green light. Very high up, in a valley and no protection from the elements. I'd hate to be a lorry driver crossing it on a breezy day.

It may yet inspire poetry as timeless as this

So the train mov’d slowly along the Bridge of Tay,
Until it was about midway,
Then the central girders with a crash gave way,
And down went the train and passengers into the Tay!
The Storm Fiend did loudly bray,
Because ninety lives had been taken away,
On the last Sabbath day of 1879,
Which will be remember’d for a very long time.”

26 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Pretty mad how that bridge was given the green light. Very high up, in a valley and no protection from the elements. I'd hate to be a lorry driver crossing it on a breezy day.

MarkVoganWeather.com on X: "SCARY: Truck dangles on the edge of a windswept Friarton  Bridge, Perth, Scotland. #scotstorm #Xaver (Via Daily Mail)  http://t.co/r37YSgXmtL" / X

I can see why.

3 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

We're about to be inundated with all sorts of batshit-crazy conspiracy theories aren't we :wacko:

The ship was suffering from side effects of its covid vaccine and the bridge was designed for the round earth lie.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

If you look closely the footage, it doesn't look like a ship. Looks more like missiles to me. 

Makes you think. Got to wonder what they're not telling us.  

6 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

We're about to be inundated with all sorts of batshit-crazy conspiracy theories aren't we :wacko:

Yup although I believe poster is tounge in cheek.