Best Squad in the League vs The Championees

11 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

This full "you have no fans" patter is the sort of thing i would expect from the old firm do better. 

You might want to look back at who brought up attendance figures.  Clue - his initials are ST and he’s currently crying into his Union Jack pillow.

10 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Fan base generates income which then contributes to the quality of players you can buy. To make it even more simple for you, that means if you have more fans you have more money to buy better players. Therefore, bigger fan base means more potential and investment in a team. Your fan base puts you on par with Clyde, East Fife and the like. 

So why has it taken Falkirk with this massive fan base so long to get out of this backwater league where they so greatly out number the opposition fans on a weekly basis? 😱

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Don’t see what the club have got to gain from lying TBQHWY 🤷‍♂️

These days plenty of clubs in Scottish football lie about their attendances. They use the “tickets sold” metric as an attendance instead of the number of people who were in the stadium, ie. the actual attendance.

A few clubs have done it for a long time (County since the early 2000s), but since fans were allowed back in stadiums post-COVID it feels like a majority of the FT clubs who actually declare attendances publicly have started this practice.

As to why, I’ve heard it claimed this is for sponsorship reasons, eg. you can say to a company that their brand name will appear on a billboard in front of 2k people instead of 1.5k.

Edited by Nightmare

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

So why has it taken Falkirk so long to get out of this backwater league where they so greatly out number the opposition fans on a weekly basis? 😱

Same reason as Livi have been in the top flight.  You can get some variance when good or bad managers, boards, big transfer fees or sugar daddies shift the dial, but ultimately everything regresses towards home attendances.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

So why has it taken Falkirk with this massive fan base so long to get out of this backwater league where they so greatly out number the opposition fans on a weekly basis? 😱

Because we made an utter c’nt of it for years. Back now though. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We have been a disgrace for 6-years. We have massively underachieved given the huge resources we have. 

Just now, Owsley 2 said:

Some of our recent crowd splits have seemed honest for example v Stirling 762(131). Today's was an outright lie. Never seen so many empty seats for a league game. 

As for the game, one excellent Lewis Smith effort apart, we did nothing. Well done Falkirk, an amazing season and by far the best team in the league.

👌🙌👏

But see if we didn't get a last minute equaliser against cove in August! It would have been much closer! We wouldn't be *checks notes* 22 (twenty two) points clear with 4 games to go. And if accies had a different manager! It would be so much closer! And if accies just trusted their young players like Joe McGlynn and Fergus Owen's! It would be so much closer! And if Accies had only went for it in the first game against us! It would've been so much closer! if only Scott Martin hadn't got injured, the best team in the league wouldn't have lost their best player and it would've been so much closer! 

Cant believe Falkirk only had 1400 fans there today either! 

Edited by Senor Bairn

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

But see if we didn't get a last minute equaliser against cove in August! It would have been much closer! We wouldn't be *checks notes* 22 (twenty two) points clear with 4 games to go. And if accies had a different manager! It would be so much closer! And if accies just trusted their young players like Joe McGlynn and Fergus Owen's! It would be so much closer! And if Accies had only went for it in the first game against us! It would've been so much closer! if only Scott Martin hadn't got injured, the best team in the league wouldn't have lost their best player and it would've been so much closer! 

Cant believe Falkirk only had 1400 fans there today either! 

And if Dylan Tait didn’t have such a bad attitude 

I enjoyed that today, great atmosphere in the home end where there were fans.

Before today I thought this might have been a tougher game, Annan made it more difficult for us in reality, cannot believe how poor Hamilton were.

It will need some change in commitment on and off the field to have any chance in the play offs.

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Same reason as Livi have been in the top flight.  You can get some variance when good or bad managers, boards, big transfer fees or sugar daddies shift the dial, but ultimately everything regresses towards home attendances.

Actually everything regresses towards the total wage bill. That’s the one highly correlative metric that counts in all leagues ( more than turnover or transfers). Read the Numbers Game. 

of course having a high home attendance makes the wage bill higher too, but that is the best predictor of final success  

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Because we bought utter shite.

Quite obvious I would have thought.

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Because the club was being badly run until the fans took matters into our own hands and bought the club! Maybe Hamilton should take note …..

Apart from a couple of decent chances, if I was an Accies fan, I’d be gravely worried about the players attitude, application and general malaise. It was an absolute canter and we’ve had teams like Annan and Edinburgh giving a far more dig. Play offs are cup finals - play like yesterday and you’ve absolutely no chance of getting up. 

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Apart from a couple of decent chances, if I was an Accies fan, I’d be gravely worried about the players attitude, application and general malaise. It was an absolute canter and we’ve had teams like Annan and Edinburgh giving a far more dig. Play offs are cup finals - play like yesterday and you’ve absolutely no chance of getting up. 

Aye but it's amazing the difference a full house with thousands of fans getting behind the team and cheering them on makes.

Ah.

I see a problem. 

I've fancied Accies to do well in the play-offs since it became clear they were finishing second. Comfortably ahead of their potential opponents with time to rest key players and work on their strategy. Starting to doubt that now given how easily the heads went down when we took the lead. Misplaced passes all over the shop culminating in an embarrassing giveaway for our second goal. Alloa also seem to be hitting form at the right time.