33 AND COUNTING V THE KELTY HEARTS

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

What made you think that there certainly didn't look to be an issue. I'd have given him a run at left back. McCann was quite obviously nowhere near ready to come on when he did. Was an absolute bomb scare for ten/fifteen minutes and then settled down

2 hours ago, FFC1982 said:

I think he went down about 5 mins before clutching his back off the back of a tackle. Physio was on so maybe its just mcglynn thought he didn’t want to sub off someone who was 100%

1 hour ago, FFC1982 said:

Yeah i think smudger has now confirmed in interview he took a knock. Sensible thing to do!

captain-ray-holt-vindication.gif.da8e31271b838e365b0b359022c700da.gif

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

What made you think that there certainly didn't look to be an issue. I'd have given him a run at left back. McCann was quite obviously nowhere near ready to come on when he did. Was an absolute bomb scare for ten/fifteen minutes and then settled down

Not defending Mcanns performance but bit strange he was the one that got dropped for Hendo. Maybe that had something to do with his shaky performance. 

12 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Not defending Mcanns performance but bit strange he was the one that got dropped for Hendo. Maybe that had something to do with his shaky performance. 

Im assuming it’s just squad rotation. Leon hasn’t done anything wrong lately

Just now, Rocco said:

Im assuming it’s just squad rotation. Leon hasn’t done anything wrong lately

Hmm could be. Just seems really strange. Mcglynn has stated previously you don’t change a winning team. I get wanting to bring Hendo back into the team but would feel really disheartened if I was Mcann. 

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Highlights up. Astonishing camera work there for the first goal :lol:

🤣🤣 I missed it at the time and still none the wiser!! 

Red card looked a red to me at the time and the highlights confirmed it. Yes I think he got the ball first but that's no reason to not show red, clear serious foul play even with no intent to harm the player. 

Dylan Tait's clearance off the line 😍😍

Not sure if Tidser was being entirely serious in his after match interview when he said they scored two really good goals 🤔

Edited by FK1Bairn

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

I thought he was okay the longer the game went on but not sure whether he just wasn't mentally switched on when he came on for miller or what.

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought he was okay the longer the game went on but not sure whether he just wasn't mentally switched on when he came on for miller or what.

He also got a dead leg at one point and could hardly stand. Can’t remember exactly when it was but think it was long after he came on.

I think the dead leg was after the Kelty player kicked him off the pitch. Strange that both the ref and assistant missed that one, but spotted Lyon everytime he fell over 😂

I said to my mate pre game I'd take three draws but we are better than that.

The red card the biggest factor in the result yesterday. 5 or so yr ago Col might have got a yellow for the challenge so no complaints. The ref did have a bit of a mare tho...blowing for fouls that weren't and some that were stone wall yellow card ones and no yellow card followed.

Although our record v Kelty this season has been superb, they have caused problems in the games we have romped to wins. They probably can feel hard done by with just a point from the game but we are the champions for a reason.

One down two to go, I'd still take two more draws which would perhaps feel like whimpering towards unbeatables tag after what we have achieved so far, but I don't care, I just really want it 

Anyone know if Col gets a one or two match ban ?

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I said to my mate pre game I'd take three draws but we are better than that.

The red card the biggest factor in the result yesterday. 5 or so yr ago Col might have got a yellow for the challenge so no complaints. The ref did have a bit of a mare tho...blowing for fouls that weren't and some that were stone wall yellow card ones and no yellow card followed.

Although our record v Kelty this season has been superb, they have caused problems in the games we have romped to wins. They probably can feel hard done by with just a point from the game but we are the champions for a reason.

One down two to go, I'd still take two more draws which would perhaps feel like whimpering towards unbeatables tag after what we have achieved so far, but I don't care, I just really want it 

Anyone know if Col gets a one or two match ban ?

2 game ban apparently so that’s his season over 😩

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

2 game ban apparently so that’s his season over 😩

Shame that he's played every minute of every match I think and now he won't go a full season because of one mis-timed tackle. 

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Shame that he's played every minute of every match I think and now he won't go a full season because of one mis-timed tackle. 

He actually timed the tackle perfectly and got the ball clean as a whistle. It was the follow through that was the problem unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He actually timed the tackle perfectly and got the ball clean as a whistle. It was the follow through that was the problem unfortunately.

It was having his foot at head height that was the problem.

On 21/04/2024 at 12:24, Newbornbairn said:

He went off v Cove away earlier in the season. 

23 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

It was having his foot at head height that was the problem.

It was Bavidge being a short-arse that was the problem. If he'd been normal human sized, Coll would have got him in the balls and it would have been a yellow card at worst.