Montrose v Queens

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

IMG_5594.jpeg

Even his leaving speech sees him finding an excuse not to blame himself (all down to injuries) for the catastrophe he's overseen.  In fact, if next season is an improvement, he's trying to muscle in and take some of the credit because of the great strides young players have made under him!  Unbelievable!  I wonder who he'll con into giving him a job next?

Despite all of that...

Oh Happy Day Group Celebration GIF | GIFDB.com

Edited by Slipmat

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Peter Murphy name popping up a lot. Also good friends with our newly appointed BoD member. 

So is Grainger apparently, again dunno how true that is.

2 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

No mention of Murray but really hope he is also away.

Just now, QoS99 said:

His contract is up so surely.

Him staying would be just as bad as Bartley staying. Get him so far to f**k. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Even his leaving speech sees him finding an excuse not to blame himself (all down to injuries) for the catastrophe he's overseen.  In fact, if next season is an improvement, he's taking trying to muscle in and take some of the credit because of the great strides young players have made under him!  Unbelievable!  I wonder who he'll con into giving him a job next?

Despite all of that...

Oh Happy Day Group Celebration GIF | GIFDB.com

Yip, both he and Hewitson say not "it wasn't to be" but "it wasn't meant to be".  Why wasn't it?

Good of Bartley to highlight on his way out that our players will have benefited from his tutelage.  In the absence of any evidence of that, I'll admit that I hadn't realised that was the case.

Cheers for the reminder Marv.

An arrogant, deluded Twat to the last.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Surely it’s an open goal to go get McCall now, his contract is done with Clyde after keeping them up and he’s been up through the play offs before.

Not sure McCall “just one more player” is the answer, though will be an improvement to Bartley as would be just about anyone.

5 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Surely it’s an open goal to go get McCall now, his contract is done with Clyde after keeping them up and he’s been up through the play offs before.

McCall for me not sure his contact situation at Clyde but if out of contract we must  try and get him .

I’m glad for you that Bartley is gone, especially after seeing him lose to our team with 5 U18s and a midget goalie. Hopefully you get the right man in because Queens should never be in league 1

Posted (edited)

For a game that didn't really matter, I am really pleased that the Mo turned this one round. Finished the League with a goal difference of one and a win.

Irrespective of what happens in the playoffs, Stewart Petrie and the rest of the club deserve much applause for a successful season. What an era we have enjoyed since getting out of jail in that Pyramid playoff.

Long may it continue!

E.t.a. And our Women's team has been none too shoddy either.

Wishing them success in their remaining games too.

Edited by Brummo

That turned around nicely! Decent effort from the young uns in fairness, shame Hermiston's rocket hit the post instead of going in.

No fiery pit in the middle swallowing him up, but no way Bartley could stay. Big appointment coming up for QOS next season, very big appointment of a better sort for us next week. Let's see what we can do.

Massive well done to the young lads today....The future is bright hopefully a few of them make the step up in the next few years.

1 hour ago, The Gable Endie said:

I’m glad for you that Bartley is gone, especially after seeing him lose to our team with 5 U18s and a midget goalie. Hopefully you get the right man in because Queens should never be in league 1

That's very kind of you to say so ... but of course we are here entirely on merit!

Delighted with the win today. One of my favourite games of the season. However, there's a couple of fringe players that aren't up to it. Also a couple of youngsters who have shown promise but need to take it to the next level. 

A couple of young lads that looked impressive,  and excuse me because I don't know their names. First half, number 10 at right back, some great tackles and willing to go forward. Second half, No 24. Great balls into the box, a goal coming from one.

As for South fans, no disrespect intended,  but that display was poor against our kids. Having read through some of your threads,  it sounds like the demise of Bartley has been the highlight of your season.