Gers v Stripes - Sunday fitba spectacular

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Silva pointing to his name and having a pop at the fans is some laugh. He's been dug shit since he arrived, you'd think he'd have a bit of humility by now.

I’m sure his £2m a year salary will support him with getting over William from Culloden and the Carson’s from Belfast questioning how much he’s giving for the Rangurz tbqhwy.

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

Your team certainly seems to have the monopoly over beneficial refereeing decisions 😉

Quite right. I mean, what's the point of VAR if it allows teams to score against Rangers at Ibrox?   Ridiculous waste of time and money.

Tav's OG should obviously have been ruled out because, well, it just should. Can't have that sort of nonsense in football.

😁

13 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

TavOGCeleb1.JPG.fef2041bb793f85288c2a503

I’d like to say that photos a thing of beauty but it’s clearly not. 😂 

Funny as fcuk looking at the different emotions on the Orcs faces - anger, hate, disbelief, resignation…..

Hands on head guy and scarf arms folded guy are no fcuking happy.

Delicious! 

43 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think by the laws it's a red. St Mirren had one against Celtic in the cup last year when the ball was pelted at Richard Taylor from point blank range. If it stops a goal it's a red card.

41 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Reckon so? I'm not sure it was deliberate, though perhaps that isn't the issue?

It's the hand ball rule which is the problem. IFAB have f*cked it up. Deliberate should mean deliberate, not just hitting someone's hand when they don't know anything about it.

It's a pile of shite.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Let it go.

They’ve won about 18 domestic trebles since then but they still cry themselves to sleep over that game. Glorious.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

They’ve won about 18 domestic trebles since then but they still cry themselves to sleep over that game. Glorious.

Some of them - and some who weren't even born at the time - are still greetin' about the 1970 Scottish Cup Final...

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

In practice in proper top level games any engaged defender is penalised if it hits their foot. i guess if someone was running away and the ball was hit into them it wouldn't be an offense. So you are correct. But Hockey is not the example to bring up for VAR staying out the way. As well as ref VAR reviews, teams can initiate their own reviews and there is a lot of minute details looked at.

The post was nothing to do with VAR. It was showing how it was possible to have a rule governing handball that did not require a foul or a card to be given in absolutely every instance.

I'm glad you accepted your initial response was wrong though.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

The post was nothing to do with VAR. It was showing how it was possible to have a rule governing handball that did not require a foul or a card to be given in absolutely every instance.

I'm glad you accepted your initial response was wrong though.

But that rule already exists in football. It isn't a foul simply for the ball to touch a player's hand or arm.