Bairns v Wasps….1 to go

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

No chance, I would rather have fans of an away team who can be bothered to go than day trippers.

Fair point but would you rather have empty seats than paying customers as will be the case on Saturday? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I think the club have done the right thing in maximising the number of Falkirk supporters in the ground while still giving Alloa a sensible allocation.

It’s not as simple as just a bunch of day trippers turning up- I’d imagine the vast majority will have some connection to the club. Even if only a small number turn up next season, it will improve the budget and atmosphere.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

Has your account been hacked LB?

Haha, no it hasn’t. I actually agree with you in that proper Alloa fans wanting to travel deserve to see the game as well, it just seems a shame there are going to be perhaps 100 or more empty seats that could have been utilised but I understand there probably is no perfect solution to that issue all be it a small issue that it is.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Posted (edited)

People who are fans and really want to see their team lift a trophy and the possibility of a great achievement will i feel already have their tickets. Any more sold will be local people wanting to be part. This money although nice will not be repeated and we need to be gracious to Alloa fans who will want to see their team.

Edited by Bigbrbairn

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

People who are fans and really want to see their team lift a trophy and the possibility of a great achievement will i feel already have their tickets. Any more sold will be lical people wanting to be part. This money although nice will not be repeated and we need to be gracious to Alloa fans who will want to see their team.

Especially as they'll want to send their team off to the playoffs 1 last time.

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Away teams should always get a sensible allocation, no exceptions. Those Alloa fans will have their reasons for coming and they should be able to do so.

spot on

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm assuming that there will be a full section empty between home and away fans? According to the Alloa site, they've sold 56 tickets.

Edit to say that I'm not having a go at Alloa here, it states on their site that tickets will be sold up until kick-off, so I would think there will be a few more in there.

That is correct. We could open most of Block E to home supporters as we did at the end of the 2005 season but the segregation wouldn't be ideal. 

20240501_225937.thumb.png.757f37464b2f7198bea9d26414b25902.png

It would also put quite a lot of pressure (no where near Meadowbank levels of shiteness, but still quite bad) on facilities with 5 of the 6 sections all using just 50% of the turnstiles, toilets and pie kiosks in the concourse below.

Probably makes sense to just keep it as segregation. Would only have been 250 of the most day-tripping day-trippers you ever did see anyway 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I hope all the seats have been checked as a few times I have made my way to exit to get a quick getaway,  sat down at the front of the main stand near the away fans, and sat on and saw quite a few broken seats 

21 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

I hope all the seats have been checked as a few times I have made my way to exit to get a quick getaway,  sat down at the front of the main stand near the away fans, and sat on and saw quite a few broken seats 

Aye there are quite a few broken ones dotted about. Suspect they will all be getting shifted into Block E for Saturday 

Posted (edited)

trying to get a ticket online for the away end but no luck , Falkirk website does have a contact number but seems closed ?

Ah seems it is only available through a link i found on the alloa page  never mind  .

Edited by Vegetableman

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Aye there are quite a few broken ones dotted about. Suspect they will all be getting shifted into Block E for Saturday 

As long as it's not block F! 🙂

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

trying to get a ticket online for the away end but no luck , Falkirk website does have a contact number but seems closed ?

Ah seems it is only available through a link i found on the alloa page  never mind  .

The Falkirk website is poorly designed IMO. 

18 minutes ago, printer said:

The Falkirk website is poorly designed IMO. 

Its a strange one , the link takes you to falkirks website but if you go direct to the site thier is no page for it 

must be to stop those pesky fair weather bairns fans for infiltrating the wasps nest . 

8 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Its a strange one , the link takes you to falkirks website but if you go direct to the site thier is no page for it 

must be to stop those pesky fair weather bairns fans for infiltrating the wasps nest . 

Aye it is a silly system, home and away tickets are totally separate but accessed via the same web address. I clicked an away link earlier in the season just to see how many Hamilton had sold and it took me ages to figure out how to get back to the home end (as it seems to remember your previous visit and keeps automatically taking you back there).  

Can't see home fans buying tickets for the away end as anyone who was bothered about going to the game has had plenty of opportunity to get them, though it's a problem we've never had before so who knows 

I can't help but think Saturday is the Washington Generals vs Harlem Globetrotters. We will put a team out to fulfil the show but even then it'll be cotton wool out all around. If I was picking the team:

Ogayi
McLaren - Graham - McKay - O'Donnell
Hetherington - Robertson,
Cawley - Donnelly - Roy
Sammon