Queen of the South's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QotS' next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Given that Grainger has only really managed at Workington Reds in the English Northern Premier League you'd imagine he doesn't yet have much of a CV to be considered for the "dizzying heights" of the Scottish Premiership/Championship ... although if he was to achieve some kind of tangible success in the boondocks of the Scottish 3rd tier first then aye, maybe then.

He had a spell at Falkirk as assistant which he left reds for.... that was 3 or so years ago... obviously as we were an utter gang it didn't work & back he went to Workington 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Given that Grainger has only really managed at Workington Reds in the English Northern Premier League you'd imagine he doesn't yet have much of a CV to be considered for the "dizzying heights" of the Scottish Premiership/Championship ... although if he was to achieve some kind of tangible success in the boondocks of the Scottish 3rd tier first then aye, maybe then.

We hired Steve Lomas, who's only previous experience was somewhere between the 7th and 9th tier of English football, and he took us to 3rd in the top flight.

A good manager is a good manager.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We hired Steve Lomas, who's only previous experience was somewhere between the 7th and 9th tier of English football, and he took us to 3rd in the top flight.

A good manager is a good manager.

That's certainly very true, but generally as an employer you like to have some reassurance from a résumé that has a history at least more than the bare minimum. Queens have now had their fingers burnt very badly via two recent inexperienced managers, so this time you might imagine that they would be a tad more cautious and seek some tangible previous experience. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Northern Premier isn't miles off the level of League One in Scotland. Some teams will probably be better than our L1 teams.

18 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Northern Premier isn't miles off the level of League One in Scotland. Some teams will probably be better than our L1 teams.

Yeah I'm sure you're right ... can't be many that were worse than us this season tbf, hence the mess we're in.

14 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Few rumours Christophe Berra is likely to at least be offered the job. No idea if he will accept.

Thought Berra was coaching in the States ... ?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Few rumours Christophe Berra is likely to at least be offered the job. No idea if he will accept.

Apparently he is now interim head coach of Huntsville FC in the US, until end of their season? 

https://www.mlsnextpro.com/huntsvillecityfc/news/huntsville-city-football-club-announces-coaching-staff-changes

Edited by Claudia Gentile

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think that's a different Cristophe Berra.

Berra, a seasoned professional with over 560 appearances in Scotland’s and England’s Premier Leagues, brings a wealth of experience and leadership to the role, including his 41 caps for Scotland’s National Team. Berra transitioned into coaching in 2022, most recently serving as a first-team coach for Livingston FC in the Scottish Premiership.

Is there another one?

4 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Odds ?

Only problem with Murphy is does he not have another year left on his contract.

For me he does not have the experience we need night and day managing Annan compared to us.

Can he make the step up i am not sure he can.

Iain McCall is the man for me Scally as his assistant look at what he has just done at Clyde.

28 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Only problem with Murphy is does he not have another year left on his contract.

For me he does not have the experience we need night and day managing Annan compared to us.

Can he make the step up i am not sure he can.

Iain McCall is the man for me Scally as his assistant look at what he has just done at Clyde.

Whilst selfishly I hope McCall doesn’t get the job, I think Murphy would be a good fit for Queen of the South. He’s consistently done a good job at Annan on, I’d imagine, a relatively tight budget. His teams always play for one another and even when some of his better players have moved on, Murphy has always seemed to recruit well to replace them. He’s also still young enough for improvement if he’s given a bit of time to bed into a full-time management environment. Even whilst I hope he stays at us, I’m not sure McCall would do particularly well unless given a war-chest to spend from. He did a great job keeping us up but he signed a huge number of players (which was absolutely necessary) who were miles better than what was there before him. Guys like Lee Hamilton, Jordan Allan, Craig Howie etc, wouldn’t have dropped to the bottom of League Two for peanuts. Whilst he was still managing the duds from before he arrived, he looked as hopeless as Brian McLean before him.

14 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Announcement imminent 👀 

Is that imminent as in before I have ma tea, or after I have ma tea ...?