East Kilbride v Stranraer

Great highlights , and commentary, is Dolan going to be ok for next week as he looked your main threat before pulling up ? Still all to play for for both teams 

Just now, Kelheart said:

Great highlights , and commentary, is Dolan going to be ok for next week as he looked your main threat before pulling up ? Still all to play for for both teams 

Cheers. We are hoping it's just cramp. Stranraer were stretched squad wise. No Ben Armour, Scott Robertson, Kyle Girvan, Murray Miller or Chris Johnston.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any chance of Stranraer live streaming their home leg for "international" viewers?

Not looking likely I'm afraid, the internet at Stair Park isn't currently up to it. Hoping to get it upgraded for next season.

Just now, Moonball said:

Not looking likely I'm afraid, the internet at Stair Park isn't currently up to it. Hoping to get it upgraded for next season.

That's a shame when you have all the other ingredients ready to go, best highlights package I've seen for a while. Don't suppose the phone signal's strong enough to use a hotspot?

Hard to tell from the highlights but some of those chances for EK were gilt edged. It’s going to be a real pressure pot at Stair park next week. It’s probably now or never for EK going upto L2. For Stranraer if they go down to L2 it’s going to be very, very difficult to get back up. I can see this going to pens.

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's a shame when you have all the other ingredients ready to go, best highlights package I've seen for a while. Don't suppose the phone signal's strong enough to use a hotspot?

Nope, and from past experience crowd numbers can affect the mobile coverage considerably as well. It needs to be stable enough to be confident it can support an HD stream for two hours without dropping, and anyone who's had connection issues when streaming a game will tell you it's not a nice experience! Hoping we'll sort a decent fibre connection if we're streaming games next season.

I didn't know what to expect from EK before the game, and I'm still none the wiser now to be honest. 

They definitely had the better of the first half although we stood so far off them. Not long before our equaliser I'd have been happy enough going into the 2nd leg with just a one goal deficit.  I don't want to do Bud a disservice because he played very well, but I thought a lot of his 1st half saves were ones I would have expected him to make anyway.

Shifty's goal came at a great time though, and at the start of the second half with subs Matty Grant and Deryn Lang being absolute pests, EK all of a sudden looked quite vulnerable.  Praise for Aggy's 2nd half subs though is tempered by a few players staying on for far longer than I think they should have. 

Hoping Dolan and Lang are both fine for next Saturday.  As others have said, the squad is stretched thin just now but hopefully there's enough left in the tank for a big last effort at Stair Park. 

Finally, a lot has been said about K Park and it's unsuitability for SPFL football. Capacity issues aside, I thought it was a decent wee setup and a good facility. Kudos to the young lads for creating a bit of an atmosphere in the home end as well. 

27 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Hard to tell from the highlights but some of those chances for EK were gilt edged. It’s going to be a real pressure pot at Stair park next week. It’s probably now or never for EK going upto L2. For Stranraer if they go down to L2 it’s going to be very, very difficult to get back up. I can see this going to pens.

Now or never? Why? 

A month ago I was accepting we were heading to the lowland league , but up turn in performance and results have made me a bit more hopeful . Will be tough next week but I think we can scrape a win and retain our league status .  I am sure there will be a big crowd to get behind the blues .

15 minutes ago, Original Bandstand said:

A month ago I was accepting we were heading to the lowland league , but up turn in performance and results have made me a bit more hopeful . Will be tough next week but I think we can scrape a win and retain our league status .  I am sure there will be a big crowd to get behind the blues .

Just make the grass in and around the six yard box and edge of the box a wee bitty bumpy.

Kennedy will have them playing out from the goalie no matter what the conditions are. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Now or never? Why? 

This is EK’s third attempt in the promotion play offs, if they fail this year there’s probably a question mark if Kennedy will be around next season, there’s a good chance he will but he does have a history of shitting the bed with Darvel. Next season reportedly Bo’ness and Tranent intend investing in a serious promotion challenge with Linlithgow and Caley Braves close behind. For the best part of a year all the shouting has been about EK and yesterday proved it isn’t clear cut as everyone thinks. You correct to pick me up on the now or never, probably if not now then when, is more accurate.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

E K used to have great highlights coverage I'm sure it was called EK broadcast TV,  whatever happened to that? 

Think the boy involved in it ended up doing more stuff with Glasgow City?

21 minutes ago, Bucky said:

This is EK’s third attempt in the promotion play offs, if they fail this year there’s probably a question mark if Kennedy will be around next season, there’s a good chance he will but he does have a history of shitting the bed with Darvel. Next season reportedly Bo’ness and Tranent intend investing in a serious promotion challenge with Linlithgow and Caley Braves close behind. For the best part of a year all the shouting has been about EK and yesterday proved it isn’t clear cut as everyone thinks. You correct to pick me up on the now or never, probably if not now then when, is more accurate.

Where are Boness and Linlithgow getting the cash to make a challenge ?