East Kilbride v Stranraer

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Give me the Brian Martin commentary of the last 5 minutes please. Inject it into my veins.

The thought of they 2 guys living it up and getting pished the night celebrating is absolutely glorious 😂

Edited by 1320Lichtie

A combination of how shite our season was and how hilarious it is to see the LL Pep fail again makes that one of the best results of the season for me. Can't wait for the Stranraer highlights!

Well done Stranraer. Must feel great.

In theory I agree with the relegation playoffs and I have nothing against ambitious non league sides, but it’s nice to see a “proper” old school club like Stranraer win today, especially when given little chance by pretty much everyone. Seems like we’ve lost so many clubs like that in recent years so good to see them staying up.

36 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Eh? K Park is not remotely typical of a junior ground, and EK were never a junior club.

Completely wrong. Bonnyrigg are the best supported team in L2 and Kelty, Cove and Spartans all get bigger crowds than Stranraer. Bonnyrigg sure as hell didn't have a wealthy backer. And there are plenty of clubs only surviving in the SPFL because of outside money. 

There is quite a difference between best attended and best supported - you are confusing the two.  For example the 4 new SPFL clubs you mention are playing at the highest level they have ever been at - that is not the case for many of their spfl rivals 

26 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Give me the Brian Martin commentary of the last 5 minutes please. Inject it into my veins.

I'm all out of green dots, a combination of our glorious exploits last night in Edinburgh & today's endeavours at Stair Park.

I'd give this 2

Just wanted to add my congratulations to Stranraer for putting those absolute charlatans in their place. I'm no great fan of your club (especially given recent events) but would much rather you guys retain your SPFL status than see the EK shitshow rumble into town. Enjoy your night and see you next season! 

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Well done for "controlling" the game, Mick. I hope you continue to control games next season an' all. Walloper.

He's managed to 'overlook' the 'sheer number of chances' Stranraer missed at 1-0 to kill the game. Otherwise I'd agree with everything he said there. It's how I saw it.

Maybe this mutual hatred of EK could unite the Stranraer and Clyde fans after golfclubgate? Perhaps we should organise an annual round of golf between both sets of supporters with the proceeds going to a good cause? We don't really need the cash so I guess you guys could have it.