East Kilbride v Stranraer

If any team's transfermarkt page looks like this then I'm happy to see them rot in the LL with the B-teams. Poor Dylan MacDonald wondering where all his pals have gone...

image.thumb.png.51e8e5a1f14bf1b6ed96e60ea0cd73f8.png

image.thumb.png.f3a7c35765adac63d147fe2c9951f919.png

Unfortunately with all the money being poured in it's a matter of when, not if EK will get promoted. Just grateful it's not with these classless c***s in the dugout

46 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Financial disparities in Scottish football. Apparently there was a £100k bonus pool for the EK squad had they won yesterday. The Stranraer squad got a free beer in the Stair Park after the game.

I can't express just how funny it is they fucked it up yesterday now seeing that. 

That wee ned and his dug have been saying they aren't bank rolled and it's a fairytale all season. Stick that right in yer fairytale ya money grubbin c**t

1 minute ago, bullyweehutch said:

I can't express just how funny it is they fucked it up yesterday now seeing that. 

That wee ned and his dug have been saying they aren't bank rolled and it's a fairytale all season. Stick that right in yer fairytale ya money grubbin c**t

Using their deep pockets to buy an entire squad of players that could easily be playing in the SPFL to finish ahead of the B-teams and Uni teams, and then knocking a team with 150 years of history out of the league system (perhaps never to return).

Hearing that Disney want to buy the rights to this underdog story

11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

It was a huge game with emotions running high. Both sides over-celebrated. Fans near me were irate at Kennedy's jumping on the wall of the stand to celebrate the EK equaliser. But fair do's to him for the gracious tweet later in the day congratulating Stranraer. 

IMG_1132.thumb.jpeg.48d4712f4051f3ebc15707cd512e5968.jpeg

It 100% would have been emotional.

If Kennedy has tweeted to congratulate Stranraer then that's good of him. Generally speaking though, I wouldn't say he's a great barometer to judge classy behaviour by. Believe he has had some pelters about that celebration.

13 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Maybe, but at least we're there for now and we've had so many good years. 😊 

You seem to have it in for Stranraer for some reason. Have a good night, we certainly will.

He never posts anything constructive on any thread.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He never posts anything constructive on any thread.

TBF, this could have been said about a number of us.

13 hours ago, Clangers said:

No way Kelty have anything even close to 500 fans, the village is only 6k and a beer and chip stained XXL rangers top is the most common you would see around.
They also don’t have any outside villages to pull support from as Hill of Beaty, Crossgates and Cowdenbeath have teams.

I could see other Fife team fans going along for the day but they certainly wouldn’t be considered fans.

The attendance at the 2007 Junior Cup Final was 9,304. My recollection is Kelty fans made up at least a third of that.

I'm obviously not claiming they're all regular fans but it's a sign that Kelty Hearts are well embedded in a wider community, contrary to the drivel that was said about them here.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Excellent highlights. Most of what I said in my earlier post was pretty accurate. The old memory not quite away yet!

Disappointed no camera footage of the antics of the EK bench at the equaliser though. A manager jumping on a stand wall to do GIRUY's at the crowd isnt something I've seen before. Or maybe it was considered 'politic' to edit that out? 

Also not sure why sell known Dundee United fan Lorraine Kelly, who genuinely goes to watch them whenever she can, is listed as a famous EK fan at the end. 😂

Watch the Sam North video on the previous page, 12.25 for the celebrations

Just now, Diamond1924 said:

Congratulations to Stranraer, an absolutely brilliant result for Scottish football. 

I have a total dislike for teams like Peri Peri Chicken wings FC. 

But you’re fine with killing another league club by franchising it?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe so, but not you...

^^^ my new favourite poster  :wub:

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The attendance at the 2007 Junior Cup Final was 9,304. My recollection is Kelty fans made up at least a third of that.

I'm obviously not claiming they're all regular fans but it's a sign that Kelty Hearts are well embedded in a wider community, contrary to the drivel that gets was said about them here. 

I and many other.  Cowden fans were there supporting Kelty - so were many fans from Dunfermline, Lochgelly, Crossgates etc - getting behind a Fife club.  Fifers do that apart from direct rivals

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clyde_MM said:

On the third goal, I really find this Stranraer squad quite an unlikeable bunch. You've just sealed league status and you're almost entirely encircled by your own fans but the guy runs across the park to celebrate right in front of the EK support. If the team had dedicated as much effort to being good at football this year as they have to being sore winners, perhaps yesterday wouldn't have been necessary to begin with.

I’m 100% all for this.

he was running in that direction and at the EK end of the stadium when he scored, too. It’s not like he did an Adebayor at the Etihad.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

8 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

This thread has been absolutely smashing btw.

Makes a change too, to see threads involving us with HOT! underneath the title!🥵