Daft Wee Things You Do

On 16/06/2024 at 21:13, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I always destroy the green ones first for obvious reasons.

Have you forgotten you're pretending to be a St Johnstone fan?

I usually listen to music while I'm walking outdoors. However, if I don't have my headphones with me, I play a little game instead. Just before setting off, I predict how many steps it will take me to reach my destination. In this imaginary scenario, my entire family will be killed unless my estimate is within 50 steps of the reality. So if you ever see me walking somewhere by myself, without headphones in my ears, it's almost a certainty that I'm deep in concentration and counting upwards in my head.

I eat round the biscuit part of a.jammy.dodger first, leaving the jammy middle to last.

I eat everything else on my plate and then whatever the meat is.

8 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Have you forgotten you're pretending to be a St Johnstone fan?

You remind me of the self-obsessed Old Firm type who can’t accept that the whole world doesn’t revolve around their sad rivalry.

’But who do you really support?’ 🙄 

Rangers don’t have a monopoly on hating Celtic.  Sorry to disappoint,

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I usually listen to music while I'm walking outdoors. However, if I don't have my headphones with me, I play a little game instead. Just before setting off, I predict how many steps it will take me to reach my destination. In this imaginary scenario, my entire family will be killed unless my estimate is within 50 steps of the reality. So if you ever see me walking somewhere by myself, without headphones in my ears, it's almost a certainty that I'm deep in concentration and counting upwards in my head.

Have you considered counting down towards zero,

much tenser as the numbers lower.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

At the fitba, when one of our players is going up for a header, I'll do the header motion along with them. No idea why. 

I was wondering if I did that, but I've just realised that if I'm watching a rugby international, when a Scotland player is running into opposing players I "lean in" to the contact point and try to help us batter through tackles.

(Bit of a confession on a football forum - "yes, I sometimes watch rugby...")

On 26/05/2024 at 00:11, Thistle_do_nicely said:

not got much by way of OCD, but when I'm eating the first mouthful of food is always, always chewed with the right side of my mouth. Then the second bite is with the left, then the next bite is with my right, etc. etc. etc. and the final bite always has to be with the right side. Occasionally have to adjust my final two mouthfuls of food accordingly to ensure that the last bite doesn't fall on the left side.

Bizarrely I actually reckon it's had a minor health benefit, less strain on specific teeth through the years. I think it started in primary school, about the same time I'd grab those wee sachets of salt and pour them on mouth ulcers to cleanse them to death, relishing the pain.

I am a strange, strange man having been a strange, strange child tbf.

edit: pouring milk into a cup of coffee before adding the boiling water from the kettle, too. So clean, empty mug, *then* add a spoonful of coffee, *then* pour in a bit of milk, *then* add the boiling water and *then* stir well; anyone else I know adds the milk last. I am convinced it tastes better, no clue if its psychological or genuinely makes it less bitter.

I also make coffee this way and am convinced it's better. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I was wondering if I did that, but I've just realised that if I'm watching a rugby international, when a Scotland player is running into opposing players I "lean in" to the contact point and try to help us batter through tackles.

(Bit of a confession on a football forum - "yes, I sometimes watch rugby...")

image.jpeg.293a9878ff3131e92ec0f451ba8e6c50.jpeg

4 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

You remind me of the self-obsessed Old Firm type who can’t accept that the whole world doesn’t revolve around their sad rivalry.

So why do you?

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

I eat round the biscuit part of a.jammy.dodger first, leaving the jammy middle to last.

I eat everything else on my plate and then whatever the meat is.

Gentlemen of P&B, you have been very gallant towards RH33 here by making no comments. Not even a Ken gif. 

Well done. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gentlemen of P&B, you have been very gallant towards RH33 here by making no comments. Not even a Ken gif. 

Well done. 

I set it up so nicely for them.

54 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I set it up so nicely for them.

I think this was the issue.  I was so, so tempted, but it seemed too obvious.