Scottish Cup 2024/25

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Pollok v Huntly was also going to be shown but the Queen died. 

I guess the problem is finding an interesting enough game north of the Tay that outweighs all of downsides. None of the ones below are hugely exciting? Maybe once the a lot of the easier central belt picks have been exhausted in the coming years they'll eventually have to go north. 

• Brora Rangers – Formartine United
  • Elgin City – Clyde
  • Forfar Athletic – Berwick Rangers
  • Fraserburgh – Turriff United
  • Inverurie Loco Works – Dundee North End
  • Keith – Clydebank
  • Peterhead – Lochee United

Maybe a bit niche but Locos v North End would be an interesting indicator of how the top Midland sides might do in the Highland League. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe a bit niche but Locos v North End would be an interesting indicator of how the top Midland sides might do in the Highland League. 

I thought the bottom two of that list looked more attractive.

Inverurie vs North End would be an excellent game to have on. North End are Midlands champions, just won 25-0 and smoked Tranent in the last round. And Locos are doing well this season, despite their relatively poor Scottish Cup match. There’s a good story in that game.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

What is the reason that the live games get moved to a Friday night rather than a change of kick off time on the Saturday or a move to the Sunday?

I'm sure that plays a factor in a number of teams where it is a North v South encounter possibly declining - any journey over probably a max of 2 hours between sides must rule out the Friday night for any team at part-time level.

Are BBC cameras/crew used elsewhere on the actual weekend days?

Yeah Locos v North End is a clear stand out tie for anyone with football knowledge outwith the G postcode and is pick of the round for me.

43 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

What is the reason that the live games get moved to a Friday night rather than a change of kick off time on the Saturday or a move to the Sunday?

I'm sure that plays a factor in a number of teams where it is a North v South encounter possibly declining - any journey over probably a max of 2 hours between sides must rule out the Friday night for any team at part-time level.

They have used Saturday night in the past, but I guess it’s a case of wanting consistency. Friday night is when people expect to see live football on BBC Scotland. 

7 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

I'd imagine it's because BBC Scotland is only on from 7pm. Weekend coverage would need a big channel and the powers that be aren't shifting football focus for Inverurie v North End

On 29/09/2024 at 20:49, GordonS said:

Locos v North End would be my pick. Locos are going well in the Highland League this season, North End are Midlands League champions and scudded Tranent in the last round (though by 21 fewer goals than their win over Whitehills the week before).

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

17 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Inverurie vs North End would be an excellent game to have on. North End are Midlands champions, just won 25-0 and smoked Tranent in the last round. And Locos are doing well this season, despite their relatively poor Scottish Cup match. There’s a good story in that game.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah Locos v North End is a clear stand out tie for anyone with football knowledge outwith the G postcode and is pick of the round for me.

I'm at the cool kids table now.

15 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

It's where we're planning to go. The stand out tie for the more learned football supporter 

That's one of the reasons I'm hoping it's the TV pick, I'd love to go but if it clashes with Linlithgow Rose's game on the Saturday I won't be able to.

3 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

I'd imagine it's because BBC Scotland is only on from 7pm. Weekend coverage would need a big channel and the powers that be aren't shifting football focus for Inverurie v North End

Ahhh that is very likely a strong reason for it... not to suggest I'm not a avid viewer, but I had no idea the channel only operated in the evenings! Literally only watch live footy on it.

On 30/09/2024 at 00:38, craigkillie said:

If Edinburgh City had any fans then their game against Jeanfield would be a good pick. That looks ripe for an "upset" if it even would be one.

banter.jpg.318467494d7f42c6ba34de95626dd3c6.jpg

I buy a ticket for Killie's tie against Copenhagen and this is the thanks I get! 

On 29/09/2024 at 17:14, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Threave v Stranraer. 

The Borders Derby.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0331.jpeg.c2aa4d6fc3a219db3240fdee2a10dc91.jpeg

Stranraer is around 95 miles from the Border.

Think most teams in the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas would have as strong a claim to be in The Borders as we would.

2 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Stranraer is around 95 miles from the Border.

Think most teams in the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas would have as strong a claim to be in The Borders as we would.

You're 5 miles away from the Northern Irish border, Mrs Bunfield!