Germany - Scotland

3 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Wow what an awful performance! Wasnt expecting much but that was bad, where do you start? Robertson not getting near the germany winger for the the first goal, Ralston getting absolutely roasted on that side, Clark not adjusting the team when he can see that we are getting battered, then Porteous selling the jerseys there with an outrageous tackle.

Not good.

In a nutshell...

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm not convinced Steve Clarke could have made any difference with his tactics/team - we are just not at that level.

f**k that.

We are a level where we don't have to willingly invite them into our own half, leaving a shit ton of space for them to do whatever they want in it. We're at a level where we can at least create chances and string some passes together.

Stop excusing this shite.

Wirtz and Musiala are arguably the two best young players on the planet and if/when both move they'll be costing £100m+ each.

Please don't over react that our defence can't deal with them on the opening day of a tournament hosted in their own country.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm not convinced Steve Clarke could have made any difference with his tactics/team - we are just not at that level.

Think I'm with you. You just can't be starting a Euros game with Porteous and Ralston.

4 minutes ago, S7C said:

A bit of fight would be a start? Is a shot on goal too much to ask for? Is asking for us to string a few passes together greed at this point?

Defeatist nonsense that all too often excuses poor performance. "Oh aye, but we were never going to win anyway".

It's undeniable that Scotland's tactical plan has unravelled badly after the shite keeper contributed to the first goal. But actually envoking this pashun and 'having a go' approach from the start would have had Germany 6-0 up already though.

It's birthday caird pish in this context. 

You could tell what was coming when in the tunnel wait the Germans were blethering away, smiling and comfortable while our line was rigid as a ruler, nobody talking to anyone.

Whatever confidence we had for the Spain games is long gone unfortunately, hopefully we can limit the damage but cannot see this being lower than 5-0 at least.

Musiala and Bellingham together would have been fucking frightening.

Thank f**k he picked Germany.

He'll be one of the next era's best in the world shouts if he's not already.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We actually need a b*****d in midfield but no-one seems willing to do that Andrich role.

Like Dave Bowman

4 minutes ago, embow said:

I said ages ago that we would be the weakest team in the tournament and it looks like it's coming to pass. Our peak of achievement was to qualify. Well done for that but it's a step too far for a team of half  decent journeymen being asked to play to tactics that are totally wrong. Germany has turned up. We have not.  It's that simple.

Aye, we’re a bit of a diddy team in relative terms, but others have already posted something similar to what I’m about to post - at international level these days, the majority of diddy teams are at least well organised and have the ability not to embarrass themselves after only 45 minutes.

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We are looking like a San Marino level team.

f**k off

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's undeniable that Scotland's tactical plan has unravelled badly after the shite keeper contributed to the first goal. But actually envoking this pashun and 'having a go' approach from the start would have had Germany 6-0 up already though.

It's birthday caird pish in this context. 

If that were true football would be predictable and the favourites would romp every single game.

They don't. I don't even care that Germany are winning - that's not the issue. It's the lack of anything. There's nothing in that first half to look positively on.

We're chasing shadows. 

It's like watching a bunch of fat c***s get skipped by with the one player with quick feet at 5s.

Yes, I am talking from experience.