Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Right, quick sweepstake. What minute do you reckon Rag N Bone Man is coming on?

I'll say 65.

Our three centre backs would be licking their lips to play against that kind of striker imo.

Moyes is right. Scotland look desperately short of a ball-carrying midfielder, who can actually break the lines. Armstrong is the best fit for that, I think. I'd be getting him on if not at half time then early in the second half. 

Just now, Rjc-1988 said:

Zero shots, zero corners - absolutely no threat. Nobody can take a man on and create. Totally one dimensional- Hungary far more dangerous on a fraction of possession.

That's absolutely down to the instructions Clarke has given them. 

I genuinely don't get why he hasn't changed it given that the Hungarians seem intent on scything down anyone who runs at them.

What are folk expecting Adams to be doing?

He's shunted all around the place so McGinn and McTominay can float about and barely gets a pass within 25 yards of goal.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Am I the only one that thinks that went okay?   

I reckon that we haven't looked like conceding so probably a sense of comfort. Need to remember a sclaffed 1-0 win will do.

I like Adams but I'd be either bringing him off at half time or bring someone on to help him up front. 

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Whisper it, but Ralston has looked quite good so far. A lot more committed to turning his body early and being confident and aggressive going forward, and we’ve actually looked more threatening down there with him and Super John than we have down the left, probably cause McKenna isn’t that comfortable turning early and everything’s then closed down.

Ball needs to move quicker, and Adams and Mctominay need to provide a bit more movement when Gilmour and Mcgregor have the ball.

Goulash munchers will need to open up more second half. Would get Christie on early ish to give a bit more pace and directness, and Shankland not soon if Adams is still labouring. 

Just now, embow said:

Pundits on tele having a go at the lot of them for the slow tempo and inability to create chances. David Moyes in particular giving it bluntly.

They don't have to worry about getting access to interviews etc going forward.

It's just so nervy. We need to offer more and I'm sure Hungary will be saying the same.

At some point someone needs to really come out and play. We need to be getting Gilmour on the ball more, but importantly there needs to be real movement in front of him. Quite often there wasn't enough happening to justify him playing it forward so we had to go sideways or back.

Felt McGinn started really brightly, doing some of the stuff he's good at, but then struggled to keep it up. We've been really flat. 

Hungary seem to have us sussed to a certain extent and aren't really moving out of a rigid shape - but they also need a win and will have to change it up. We need to take advantage of space when it opens up..

Edited by AUcal

Just now, J_Stewart said:

Whisper it, but Ralston has looked quite good so far. A lot more committed to turning his body early and being confident and aggressive going forward, and we’ve actually looked more threatening down there with him and Super John than we have down the left, probably cause McKenna isn’t that comfortable turning early and everything’s then closed down.

I think they've tweaked and moved McGinn over to offer more support and Henry